WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Millerton/ pine flat this time of year

Wbinder

Reaction score
Anyone boat on either of these lakes this time of year? Thinking about going out this weekend with the new to us boat. Any hidden islands or sandbars in open water areas to look out for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
There’s an island coming into the marina at millerton. Bass Alley. Not sure if it’s showing yet or not. It’s 5 mph there and sure it’s marked if coming up to surface anyway.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
As I remember that lake level gets real low as the water is used for farming.

johnnyC

Reaction score
kings river is all sand with a trickle down the middle at the 99

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
As I remember that lake level gets real low as the water is used for farming.
To an extent. But both reservoirs are filled by snow melt. Need to make space for the incoming water in the spring.

klotsac

Reaction score
Was at Pine Flat last weekend, water is low (20% full) but nothing to worry about. We usually spend the summer up the river by Trimmer, but wouldn't go up that far now, there looked to be a bunch of trees popping up along the edge. It's pretty quiet this time of year, basically us and a handful of fishing boats. Its supposed to cool off this weekend, mid 70s last i looked.
I hate Milerton during the summer, too many "day campers" that drink all day and forgot they dont know how to swim. I have no idea what its like this time of the year.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
was at pine flat earlier today. Not much water, you can get to trimmer. Just us and a couple “bassholes”.

Wbinder

Reaction score
Which launch ramp would you recommend right now on pine flat? Ok to run a deep v outdrive up there right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk