WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mini - Split AC

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I did the Hessair from Home Depot in my garage as well have done three others for buddy’s this year all using the 18,000btu system.
I call it the greatest worst thing I’ve done to my house. As it’s amazing working in garage at 75° but I’ve became a tyrant about keeping the doors shut now, and having 2” behind and less than one in front of my boat in the garage it’s a real pain getting to and from my tools etc.
I’m on solar and this summer shows to be a bit hotter than last year and here two months i. It’s not costing me crap for power to run it.
i also insulated all three garage does at the same time FYI so I’m sure that helped a ton.
You hang your shop- vac on the wall? Never thought of that, it would keep me in shape as often as I use mine getting it up and down.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I installed a Mr Cool 36000 btu unit in my garage 4 months ago, super quiet and keeps my 1000 sq/ft garage at 74 degrees. Recovers quickly from the doors being open, so far so good.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
You hang your shop- vac on the wall? Never thought of that, it would keep me in shape as often as I use mine getting it up and down.
And it’s plugged in, i made a 15’ power switch cord and have 30’ of hose. So it’s not only stored there it’s where it stays till i need to empty it. Makes cleaning the boat a cinch.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Recently installed one of these in my garage. Even has a blower port for blowing debris out of the garage. Ordered a longer hose for it as well.

1627588521891.png

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Just ordered the 24K Mr. Cool. Tried to call A/C co again and no luck.

FYI Amazon 24 K Mr. Cool 1849.00. Costco 24 K Mr. Cool 1449.00 and free delivery. Only thing different in the model was costco had a 25 at the end. but everything I read it seams like the same unit. We will see. Thank you the help

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
Mitsubishi all the way, seer rating is important , mines 21 , could hardly notice any change in electrical bill.

just my 2pennies worth

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Just ordered the 24K Mr. Cool. Tried to call A/C co again and no luck.

FYI Amazon 24 K Mr. Cool 1849.00. Costco 24 K Mr. Cool 1449.00 and free delivery. Only thing different in the model was costco had a 25 at the end. but everything I read it seams like the same unit. We will see. Thank you the help

Get a vacuum pump and gauge set, i know some of those self install deals have pre vacuumed line sets that they claim you can just screw in and go, but it's worth the little extra work to pull vacuum on the lines and make sure they hold vacuum before you release the charge into them. 👍

its a couple hundred well spent.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Get a vacuum pump and gauge set, i know some of those self install deals have pre vacuumed line sets that they claim you can just screw in and go, but it's worth the little extra work to pull vacuum on the lines and make sure they hold vacuum before you release the charge into them. 👍

I've installed two at my house and each time I just called the neighbors cousin and he came out and pulled the vacuum , checked my work and released the valves for $50.00 each time. (After hours)

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Pay attention to the warranty if not installed by a licensed entity.
One of the issues I thought about was , unit needed to be charged by a professional to be covered under warranty , and yet the pros didn’t want to touch cheap Chinese units .

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

I will do that. Thank you

snowboat

Reaction score
These units were cooling only. I've been pleased with them twice.

HeatandCool.com
2190 NW 89th Place
Doral FL 33172
United States
(305) 593-8358

SKUModel Number
Qty​
Barcode​
Rate​
Amount​
HCDNA2403
24,000 BTU Daikin 17 SEER Wall-Mounted Ductless Mini-Split Inverter Cooling Only Air Conditioner (230 Volt) - Installation Kits:25 Ft Insulated and Pre-flared 1/4" and 5/8"
RKB24AXVJU + FTKB24AXVJU
2​
$1,383.94​
$2,767.88​
HCKPI1910
Diversitech - 3" EcoPad Black Plastic equipment pad 18"x38"
EP1838-3
2​
$44.45​
$88.90​
HCKPI1766
60A fused disconnect switch
DDS60 (83317)
2​
$28.22​
$56.44​
HCKPI1783
3/4 inch X 6 ft Liquid-tight flexible Electrical Whip with 2x#8 AWG & 1x10 AWG wires
SRTSWP346 (84138)
2​
$31.60​
$63.20​
HCKPI1607
25 Ft Insulated and Pre-flared 1/4" and 5/8" Refrigerant Tubing with Interconnecting Electrical Wires
IKM1458F25-C26
2​
$252.00​
$0.00​
Subtotal​
$2,976.42​
Tax Total (%)​
$0.00​
Shipping Cost​
$0.00​
Total​
$2,976.42​

PaPaG

Reaction score
I am looking at doing 2 garages, both somewhat decent insulation, full insulated doors, one is 1400 sq feet the other 2100 sq feet...I got an estimate and said no way. .27k was for both garages either two 3 ton 18 sear splits in each garage or 21k for two 3 ton 16 sear WITH NO ELECTRICAL in each. Needless to say there is no way I am spending 27k to cool my garages. I think I may have to do more research on the precharged units you guys are talking about for under 2k each, that would set me back under 8k plus paying a pro to come out and double check everything and evap and charge just in case maybe get away with 10k total.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I am looking at doing 2 garages, both somewhat decent insulation, full insulated doors, one is 1400 sq feet the other 2100 sq feet...I got an estimate and said no way. .27k was for both garages either two 3 ton 18 sear splits in each garage or 21k for two 3 ton 16 sear WITH NO ELECTRICAL in each. Needless to say there is no way I am spending 27k to cool my garages. I think I may have to do more research on the precharged units you guys are talking about for under 2k each, that would set me back under 8k plus paying a pro to come out and double check everything and evap and charge just in case maybe get away with 10k total.
Where are you at? Ill come do them for $20k. lol!

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
any updates?

Yes just finished the install Thursday. There was a delay in the delivery by 5 days, because the company sucks. Said they were going to deliver Friday, no show, then Monday- no show. They finally deliver Tuesday at 4:30 when it was suppose to be here between 10-12.

Anyway, the install went pretty smooth. The main pain were the electrical openings. They are 1/2" to connect the conduit. Running #10 wire through 1/2" was a pain, but I only had to run it for 6 feet or so. The vacuum kit I bought ($145) did not have the correct fitting to connect, but the local hardware store had one. Ran the vac to -30, which took about 10 min and then let it sit for 15 min like the youtube videos say. Opened the valves and no leaks. Yesterday it was 93deg with a heat index of 106 and it kept my uninsulated shop at 75 degs. Well the roof is insulated. Plan to insulate the walls when prices come down or next spring, which ever happens first. That 75 deg was accomplished with a 14k btu portable a/c unit I have from a previous rental and the 24K btu Mr. Cool. Not sure I need the 14K, but will use it to even out the cooling.

Dalton

Reaction score
That was a short vacuum, but it will probably work. Hell some of those Chinese manuals tell you how to do it with no vacuum, but i don’t recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
That was a short vacuum, but it will probably work. Hell some of those Chinese manuals tell you how to do it with no vacuum, but i don’t recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes this is a Mr. Cool and did not need the vacuum, but I did it anyway just to be safe. How long should I have pulled vacuum? Maybe doing one of these at my Florida place this winter.

Dalton

Reaction score
Yes this is a Mr. Cool and did not need the vacuum, but I did it anyway just to be safe. How long should I have pulled vacuum? Maybe doing one of these at my Florida place this winter.

do an hour vacuum next time, or get a micron gauge and you'll really know what's going on

boatdoc55

Reaction score

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
You use it on the mating surface? interesting. Usually just a little dab of oil on the back side of the flare is more than enough for a good seal (allows the copper to slide when compressed against the brass nut instead of tearing from friction before getting proper compression). Assuming you have a good flare.

Ladsm

Reaction score
I store my shopvac in a corner out of the way and have a pool vacuum hose hooked up to it on a reel and just pull out the hose to clean cars, trucks etc.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
You use it on the mating surface? interesting. Usually just a little dab of oil on the back side of the flare is more than enough for a good seal (allows the copper to slide when compressed against the brass nut instead of tearing from friction before getting proper compression). Assuming you have a good flare.
I asked the HVAC guy that came out to vac my lines about this nylog stuff and his answer was, reaching into his bag, "you mean this stuff, all the time"

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I asked the HVAC guy that came out to vac my lines about this nylog stuff and his answer was, reaching into his bag, "you mean this stuff, all the time"
It is SUPPOSED to only be used on threads. The issue being that stuff cures as a semi-solid and it can squirt out into the the line, get into the system, and clog the extremely tiny orifices inside the system. Plus, flares are designed to use the copper to create that seal, not a gasket or sealant inside what can fail.

boatpi

Reaction score
My biggest garage is extra deep all three stars will take an F250, 3 cars wide with 10 foot ceilings

never an issue winter or summer the garage doors are insulated.

NedJohnson

Reaction score
I don't know why people are so afraid of Chinese technology. If it's not headphones, you'll be fine, haha. I break Chinese headphones the next day, but I don't think that would happen with an air conditioner. I bought my split air conditioner on eBay from an old guy who wanted to get rid of his as soon as possible. I guess he needed the money. I knew that my air conditioner was used, so it didn't surprise me much that I needed ac repair holiday fl soon. I fixed it two years ago and haven't had a breakdown since. I have a HAIER FLEXIS Plus DC Inverter Super Match AS35S2SF1FA-BH-1U35S2SM1FA

Last edited: