WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mission Motorsports SoCal Closing?

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Just received an e-mail.Any Intel?. Went to the old one back in the old days a lot-My Fx-1 Standup Ski had the greatest porting job ever
by a guy over there Sano was his name?-Good god that 701 smoker motor hauled the damn mail.Make Stand Up 2-Smokes Great Again🤘

sirbob

Reaction score
WHAT !

That’s crazy - I’ve been a customer of theirs since they were in the shop on the corner of Avery and Margarite in Mission Viejo.

I have a long history with John and hate to hear this. In this economy I’m having a hard time believing they would not be doing well?

Wow - bummer

jesco

Reaction score
Looks like its true, sale starts today.... Bummer, good people, use to do a lot of work for them when they were in the old building
2020-02-13.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
Another Co. unable to keep the doors open in Cali

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Probably getting out of Dodge before the Prop 13 bullshit gets approved in November.

shockwave714

Reaction score
The rumor is they sold the building and they just wanted out of the industry

Your ad here

Reaction score
I've known them since the Mission Yamaha days on Crown Valley. Small place and good customer service. When they moved to Irvine under the Mission Motorsports name I went a few times but gave up. Honestly the customer service for parts and service was pure bullshit. They built that place during the peak of 06-07 I think then the economy tanked shortly after. Then the owner got killed on Ortega Hwy. I bet they had a huge payment for the construction and are now at a break even point and just want out.

Last edited:

Flatsix66

Reaction score
I was just over there a few weeks ago. Place was packed with inventory, service dept full of SxS's. I was looking at a KTM 790, $2k over MSRP + setup and shipping fees....no thanks, found it elsewhere without any of that.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I was just there last week, it wasn’t even mentioned. However I was told things had been slow. It will be a bummer to see them leave. I have bought a handful of units from them over all the years they been there. Even when I buy elsewhere I always give them a chance to match or beat a competitors price. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. I am gonna guess they just do not do the volume these other dealerships are doing. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Beautiful showroom in a prime real estate market location, my guess it was time to call it a day and sell the property at a huge profit.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
I bought 3 dirtbikes last Month:
CRF450Rx
CRF125f
Husky 50SR/KTM 50SR

If I had gone with Mission on the 2 Hondas, they were 1600 more than Del Amo and 1850 more than Berts after shopping them hard. Bullshit freight and setup fees everywhere else were negotiable. I agree their service dept went to shit and all the 16 year olds working in service are only good at stripping bolts at a $125/hr labor rate.

LC925

Reaction score
I was just over there a few weeks ago. Place was packed with inventory, service dept full of SxS's. I was looking at a KTM 790, $2k over MSRP + setup and shipping fees....no thanks, found it elsewhere without any of that.

I called for a deal they had listed on a 2019 model for my pops when we were looking for a CanAm X3 XRS Turbo. Advertising stated $21,999 so I called/emailed for OTD price. Came back at like $29,000k I was like please explain your math lol. Ended up getting it from Coyne at like $24,400 OTD the next day.

77charger

Reaction score
WHAT !

That’s crazy - I’ve been a customer of theirs since they were in the shop on the corner of Avery and Margarite in Mission Viejo.

I have a long history with John and hate to hear this. In this economy I’m having a hard time believing they would not be doing well?

Wow - bummer
Avery /margerite was honda kawasaki of mission viejo mission yamaha was off camino capistrano right under crown valley then next door to clark foam then the super center but yeh remember those 2 places as kid we lived right by the mercedes dealer back then my mom still lives there.

Man i wish motorcycle shops went back to the simple small shops it seems customer service was way better then.

77charger

Reaction score
Just received an e-mail.Any Intel?. Went to the old one back in the old days a lot-My Fx-1 Standup Ski had the greatest porting job ever
by a guy over there Sano was his name?-Good god that 701 smoker motor hauled the damn mail.Make Stand Up 2-Smokes Great Again🤘
Bet you wish you had that fx1 still.I got me a 550 3 years ago ride that thing very often fun toy.Had one in early 90s too but got frustrated with it when i started having tuning issues now with all the groups i have learned alot and can prevent issues i had back then.Plus now i can build it like i want to i think future plans are 650 swap with 750 pump.Or if i can get a deal on a pjs or rc520 cylinder

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
The problem is everyone beats up the dirtbike/atv/sxs dealers. Whether is purchasing new, service, performance (especially performance and service), ect.. then wonder why they go out of business. It's a hobby and EVERYONE wants the best deal. Makes it hard to keep the doors open. JMO

Your ad here

Reaction score
The problem is everyone beats up the dirtbike/atv/sxs dealers. Whether is purchasing new, service, performance (especially performance and service), ect.. then wonder why they go out of business. It's a hobby and EVERYONE wants the best deal. Makes it hard to keep the doors open. JMO
Everyone wants a deal and every dealer faces that. People also want good customer service. No one likes to be lead on with order wait times just to get the wrong part a month later. No one likes it either when the service department bills you on a warranty repair when they omitted to not fixing it correctly the first time. Both of which Mission Motorsports did.

Last edited:

Englewood

Reaction score

I disagree...For every guy like myself who tries to get the best deal, there a 3-5 more than walk in, pay full MSRP+++, and also fall for all the shit in finance...I don't feel bad for them for one second.

sirbob

Reaction score
Avery /margerite was honda kawasaki of mission viejo mission yamaha was off camino capistrano right under crown valley then next door to clark foam then the super center but yeh remember those 2 places as kid we lived right by the mercedes dealer back then my mom still lives there.

Man i wish motorcycle shops went back to the simple small shops it seems customer service was way better then.

Call it what you will - they were in the avery/margeritte location before the crown valley location.

John used to work in service when his parents owned the shop - I had an RD 400 at the time and John would give me his take off slicks that he used to race at willow and other tracks. He would mount them for me at Avery and Margeritte shop. They would last me a month or two then he would give me another one.

Then they moved over the the crown valley location then the big store. I don't actually remember the brands they carried - I was young and not buying new bikes from the dealership. I just hung out at the shop areas and got some work done that I could not do myself.

Maybe they added Yamaha with the move to crown valley - But I know for sure John worked on my Yamaha off Avery.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I remember when they were next to Clark Foam. Never got the warm fuzzies there or in their Irvine location.

I used to take my Sea-Doo's to the dealer on El Toro. The tech wasn't too friendly but did good work. After they closed that tech went to Mission in Irvine. I took my Sea Doo's there a couple of times. One time the tech said how much he hated Sea Doo's. Um, OK. I never went back.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I bought 3 dirtbikes last Month:
CRF450Rx
CRF125f
Husky 50SR/KTM 50SR

If I had gone with Mission on the 2 Hondas, they were 1600 more than Del Amo and 1850 more than Berts after shopping them hard. Bullshit freight and setup fees everywhere else were negotiable. I agree their service dept went to shit and all the 16 year olds working in service are only good at stripping bolts at a $125/hr labor rate.
I got my son a KTM SX50 years ago. It was a good bike that ran like a bat outta hell. It's crazy to see how fast those things are and fun to watch your son ride it like it should be ridden