WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Misters

RVRKID

Reaction score
Hey @RiverDave aren’t these like the ones your Dad made?
IMG_3522.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

72Hondo

Reaction score
On an unrelated note, what kind of pressure do you need to run misters? Just you joe blow diy kits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rvrrun

Reaction score
On an unrelated note, what kind of pressure do you need to run misters? Just you joe blow diy kits?

I don't know the exact answer, but our place has two systems. One is controlled by a typical shower valve and normal water pressure and it drips more than it mists. For this reason another system was added after and uses smaller, piston mist heads and has a pool pump in line to supply pressure. That system mists beautifully.

n8huntsman

Reaction score
I use a cat pump (positive displacement) at 1000 psi. It will do up to 1 gpm. Since it’s high pressure you need either stainless tube or special plastic line that I can only find from China. Ali express has all the lines, fittings and nozzles. Not cheap but they work great.

72Hondo

Reaction score
I had an idea of creating a system that easily mounts to a pop up canopy, submersible small pump in the lake or river, powered by a solar charger.

The pump is what’s holding me back, can’t find one small enough to supply enough pressure.

rvrrun

Reaction score
I had an idea of creating a system that easily mounts to a pop up canopy, submersible small pump in the lake or river, powered by a solar charger.

The pump is what’s holding me back, can’t find one small enough to supply enough pressure.

I did that 20 years ago on my jet bote. It worked, but made such a mess of the boat it wasn't worth it.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

Great idea. That just sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No they are different.. my old mans design used a spinning disk and centrifugal force to send the water out.. That's how they were impossible to "clog" no matter how hard the water is/was.

These are just the same kind of bird cage styling but they have nozzles on them.. Nozzles means you are going to be cleaning them, and cleaning them often depending on what kind of water you are feeding to them.

RD