WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

MLB is considering starting season in one location in May

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Baseball on TV, the greatest cause of napping known to man.

I love the sport of baseball. So much is going on away from the field that’s it’s similar to an intense chess match.

I nod off watching football so maybe I can appreciate the perspective.

Either way I’m excited to see some real sports finally.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I would rather watch Baseball at home on TV than at the Ball field, Just think no waiting in a line to pee, No waiting in line for a beer @ 10-20 bucks a drink.
At home you can drink what ever you want to drink and you do not have to drive home drunk.
At the ball field you can miss a play and they will not repeat it. at home You can't miss a play and they explain every play so your wife or girlfriend can under stand what happened. just me I'm Happy to watch a game at home, Go Giants.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
MLB playing all games outdoors in Arizona through the entire Summer. What genius thought up that, lol.

sirbob

Reaction score

We used to like to go to the Angle games. Then they changed the name of the team and let me know they weren't interested in our local support anymore / they wanted other fans.

Our family has not been to one of their games since.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
We used to like to go to the Angle games. Then they changed the name of the team and let me know they weren't interested in our local support anymore / they wanted other fans.

Our family has not been to one of their games since.
Which time. They have changed the name of the team several times.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
When they decided to be an LA team instead of the Orange County / Anaheim team.
They started out as the Los Angeles Angels...Then California Angels...Then Anaheim Angels....And now..... Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

sirbob

Reaction score
They started out as the Los Angeles Angels...Then California Angels...Then Anaheim Angels....And now..... Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Thats a nice history lesson...

The current owner broke the terms of the lease and team name he bought. Earlier use of differing names all came about through agreed upon changes by all the parties involved. Including when Gene Autry paid the O'Malley family $350,000 to use the name of the defunct minor league team (Los Angles Angels) the O'Malley family still owned the rights too as a tribute and a way to jump start the popularity of the team.

Ill be more clear - I don't like that the most recent guy that bought team didn't honor the lease agreement the city of Anaheim had negotiated to keep the Anaheim in the name. Further he created bad feelings from me and others and caused the city to spend a shit ton of money to try to get him to honor the agreement he inherited.

He could have easily waited until the agreement was up and did want he wanted but he hard balled the city into a BS deal that IMO still sucks in light of his threats to leave the city etc.

Fuck that guy and the horse he rode in on... (and I'm not referring to the Autry family by using the horse analogy)

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Thats a nice history lesson...

The current owner broke the terms of the lease and team name he bought. Earlier use of differing names all came about through agreed upon changes by all the parties involved. Including when Gene Autry paid the O'Malley family $350,000 to use the name of the defunct minor league team (Los Angles Angels) the O'Malley family still owned the rights too as a tribute and a way to jump start the popularity of the team.

Ill be more clear - I don't like that the most recent guy that bought team didn't honor the lease agreement the city of Anaheim had negotiated to keep the Anaheim in the name. Further he created bad feelings from me and others and caused the city to spend a shit ton of money to try to get him to honor the agreement he inherited.

He could have easily waited until the agreement was up and did want he wanted but he hard balled the city into a BS deal that IMO still sucks in light of his threats to leave the city etc.

Fuck that guy and the horse he rode in on... (and I'm not referring to the Autry family by using the horse analogy)
That's a nice history lesson...Here's some more..lol

In 2005, new owner Arturo Moreno added "Los Angeles" to the team's name. In compliance with the terms of its lease with the city of Anaheim, which required "Anaheim" be a part of the team's name, the team was renamed the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Fans, residents, and the municipal governments of both Anaheim and Los Angeles all objected to the change, with the City of Anaheim pursuing litigation; nevertheless, the change was eventually upheld in court and the city dropped its lawsuit in 2009.

sirbob

Reaction score
That's a nice history lesson...Here's some more..lol

In 2005, new owner Arturo Moreno added "Los Angeles" to the team's name. In compliance with the terms of its lease with the city of Anaheim, which required "Anaheim" be a part of the team's name, the team was renamed the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Fans, residents, and the municipal governments of both Anaheim and Los Angeles all objected to the change, with the City of Anaheim pursuing litigation; nevertheless, the change was eventually upheld in court and the city dropped its lawsuit in 2009.

Nice - that came off their wiki page - I already saw it. (no LOL)

As a Anaheim land owner that was paying in taxes for the $30 million the city of Anaheim agreed to pay to remodel the stadium in EXCHANGE for keeping Anaheim in the name, I disagree with the outcome of that case / but I understand why they won it.

The fact is the only reason he won was because he still had the name Anaheim in the name - after the city threatened to sue them for not including it in his first pass at the name change which did not include it... adding "of Anaheim" was his way of getting around the legality of keeping Anaheim in the name.

Fuck that guy.

Last edited:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Baseball, where one can FAIL 2 out of 3 times at the plate and still be considered for the Hall of Fame,

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Nice - that came off their wiki page - I already saw it. (no LOL)

As a Anaheim land owner that was paying in taxes for the $30 million the city of Anaheim agreed to pay to remodel the stadium in EXCHANGE for keeping Anaheim in the name, I disagree with the outcome of that case / but I understand why they won it.

The fact is the only reason he won was because he still had the name Anaheim in the name - after the city threatened to sue them for not including it in his first pass at the name change which did not include it... adding "of Anaheim" was his way of getting around the legality of keeping Anaheim in the name.

Fuck that guy.
The fans must have forgave Arte..lol

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ANA/attend.shtml

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
MLB playing all games outdoors in Arizona through the entire Summer. What genius thought up that, lol.
Boras has a plan where the 6 stadiums in CA and AZ will be the game sites. No reason to get on a plane. See how that works out.

Singleton

Reaction score
This has bad idea written all over it
baseball outside in 100+ degree heat - not smart or in best interest of player health
trying to use only the stadiums in AZ and SoCal - another bad idea, logistical nightmare

restart spring training in mid-May and start the season July 4. Start with no fans if needed during spring training and limit capacity at stadiums (if even possible)