WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Moab in July

Steve-o

Reaction score
We were thinking of heading to utah then Colorado in July and want to bring our sxs but looks like it may be too hot. We were thinking Moab. Anyone try this at that time of year? I have some younger kids so it would need to be comfortable temps.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I was in Moab the 2nd week of July, 2019. Daytime high temperatures ranged from 92°F - 98°F. IMO - Too hot for off-roading unless your in an air conditioned Jeep, lol. 🤣 When it's that hot I'd rather be boating and save the off-roading fun for winter!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I don’t have an off-road toy but we always did our hikes early and finished at about 11am then went swimming in the afternoon at the hotel pool.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Hot and crazy thunderstorms in the afternoon, awesome place though. Its fine in a Jeep with AC but would kind of suck driving all day on rock in that heat.

Singleton

Reaction score
Did it a few years ago.
we need sunrise or sunset evening rides
2-4pm is just hot and I was in a Jeep with AC

AJ13

Reaction score
We rode the Paiute Trail. In July last yeah and will be back this 4th of July.

The Paiute ATV Trail is a public all-terrain vehicle trail system that is located in Central Utah. It is managed by the Fishlake National Forest and the Richfield District of the Bureau of Land Management. The Paiute Trail has over 2000 miles of primary and designated side trails