WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mobile Home purchase transaction

UltraLucky

Reaction score
How do you typically handle the private party purchase or sale of a mobile home in one of the BLM parks?
Is it as simple as cash to the seller and fill out the required state transfer forms or does this need to be handled thru an Escrow account?
If escrow is needed anyone have any recommendations for escrow companies familiar with mobile home transactions? Is sales tax required?

Thx

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Is the mobile currently registered?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
How do you typically handle the private party purchase or sale of a mobile home in one of the BLM parks?
Is it as simple as cash to the seller and fill out the required state transfer forms or does this need to be handled thru an Escrow account?
If escrow is needed anyone have any recommendations for escrow companies familiar with mobile home transactions? Is sales tax required?

Thx
some states like nv and az they have a dmv title... nev has a separate dmv for mobiles, but you can have them made real property,,.. az some have titles,... but you have to make sure the reg, is current... could owe a bunch of back reg fees... title companys insure property title... if it's az just call the county and see.... anything a title company does you can do yourself

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Is the mobile currently registered?
some states like nv and az they have a dmv title... nev has a separate dmv for mobiles, but you can have them made real property,,.. az some have titles,... but you have to make sure the reg, is current... could owe a bunch of back reg fees... title companys insure property title... if it's az just call the county and see.... anything a title company does you can do yourself
Not sure on the registration there is not any visible.
This is in California, the transfer documents are handled through the Housing and Community Development Department I believe.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I'm not saying I did mine the right way, but, mine wasn't currently registered and there was no documentation through dmv so I just paid cash to the seller and signed a new lease with the park.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Thx
I buy and sell them every now and then...just did one (well in the middle of it but I've gotten paid so its "done").

AZ has titles on them...you just go down to dmv with the signed over titles and you are good there. If the park is subject to property tax you handle that with the county...and btw it takes them forever after you pay them to clear any delinquency so keep your docs together. It is a super easy process...but I would always check to see if there are liens or back taxes.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I'm not saying I did mine the right way, but, mine wasn't currently registered and there was no documentation through dmv so I just paid cash to the seller and signed a new lease with the park.
This and if in San Bernardino. Try and pay $3995 ,or less if it is registered to county for title. If DMV title the same. Over 4k you get hit with yearly tax.

In our park a lot of them lately going through escrow. But if cash just sign new lease with park. Have blm inspection for transfer. Transfer title to name. Some have no titles and they are now making you get a title. Few friends going through this now and it takes months and is a pain in the ass.

jonnyd

Reaction score
The seller of the home should be able to provide an original Title and possibly a current registration card unless they chose to go on the property tax rolls. If the seller cannot provide these items then make a call to hcd. They can do a title search to verify that the seller has the right to sell as well as to see if any back fees need to be paid.

If the home is on the property tax rolls then you need to contact the local assessors office to see if any back fees are due.

The hcd website has all of the forms that you need to use in order to transfer title. Always make sure that you are approved for residency in the park prior to entering into any agreement to purchase the home.

Somewhere on the front of the home should be a sticker. It's either red or blue and has a couple of letters and maybe 4 numbers. This is called the decal number. This is how hcd recognizes the home in their system. Like a license plate.

It' never a bad idea to get a home inspection prior to purchase just to know what the issues are with the home. Finally it's never a bad idea to go through escrow but it costs about $750 or so.

grumpy88

Reaction score
My trailer is very small on the California side so there for it does not technically fall in the " manufactured homes department " . I have a California license plate and pay for tags . A lot of the parks on the California side were never on the up and up so I'm not surprised to hear about people not having a legal title . I would be very nervous of back taxes considering the value .

boatnam2

Reaction score
The parks you are at, if can be a little bit of both, I had front row at echo it was the same as selling a flatbed trailer as far paperwork, as nick said you do need a BLM sign off and and a new lease with park. If its an older place at windmill i'm sure its just a trailer with Cali reg.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
The parks you are at, if can be a little bit of both, I had front row at echo it was the same as selling a flatbed trailer as far paperwork, as nick said you do need a BLM sign off and and a new lease with park. If its an older place at windmill i'm sure its just a trailer with Cali reg.
Is the BLM sign off done thru the park management?

boatnam2

Reaction score
You use to call gal at Emerald, she has since retired but Im sure there is a new person that can set it up. I will look for number for you. Try 866-663-2727 or 760-663-4941