WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Model made of your boat

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Here’s the one he did of my boat last year. Yes he can get very detailed. I opted for the trailer, which matches as well.
0AFFE169-033D-42F9-A462-8256BAD407A5.jpeg
A9D01687-1346-456B-A34D-3BCF2E497685.jpeg
62525A7E-6457-4773-A34B-94B3CD6BC980.jpeg
791B0EDF-800A-43D2-8F28-9DEB3041623E.jpeg
52CCD24C-341E-4B4F-800D-745895CC54FE.jpeg

And a couple of the full size for comparison.
it’s pretty amazing the detail he can get from just some pictures.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
I also just sent Dave Bolton a message asking him to sign up so he can answer any questions

Rayson1971

Reaction score
How big are they? Be cool if you could make them radio controlled.

Bolton models

Reaction score
@Bolton models

All I have of my father's SK race boat is a few really old pictures, thankfully a couple in color. Obviously I couldn't expect you to replicate something not seen in the pictures but if you are familiar with the hulls of the era (either Aquacraft or Mandella or RaysonCraft) maybe you can get close basing it off something you've already done?

Also, how does your pricing work?

Finally, do you also do trailers and tow vehicles? I'd have to find out some details on the trailer since no pictures exist but I'm sure it was a wood trailer of the era. I don't know what they towed the boat with, but I can find out and see if I can get some specifics on color of the vehicle.

Thanks!
Yes we have hulls from that era and we can build it I was actually speaking with my dad and he says he has pics of that boat so between the two it won’t be a problem. We can build any trailer needed and tow vehicle.

Bolton models

Reaction score
Yes we have hulls from that era and we can build it I was actually speaking with my dad and he says he has pics of that boat so between the two it won’t be a problem. We can build any trailer needed and tow vehicle.
We have all of the hulls from that era and we can make anything. Whatever pics you have are fine.

Bolton models

Reaction score
I saw you at the outlaw deal. Wish I was more sober leaving.

Let me know what’s needed I have a few ideas. .

just send pics of what your wanting made, I will give you the quote once you say yes your put on the list when completed I send final pics of model, you will send payment and I send model to you.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Outstanding! Your work is definitely a cut above! I'm curious, is there 3D printing involved?

fmo24

Reaction score
I saw the K9 model? Are you of that Bolton family? Used to ski race with them back in the day and Ronnie would run his boat in the channel in Long Beach. If you were a skier in the water he would use you for a turn bouy lol

Bolton models

Reaction score
I saw the K9 model? Are you of that Bolton family? Used to ski race with them back in the day and Ronnie would run his boat in the channel in Long Beach. If you were a skier in the water he would use you for a turn bouy lol
Yes Ron was my uncle. I grew up at the shop and the races. I stated racing the outboards at 10yrs old and at 18 we all went car racing.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I like how they incorporated their racing class KRR ("K-Racing Runabout") into their name.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
The saying Ron used in the 90s because of me racing stock outboards was we build everything J-K

So I'd like to start an order with you. I got more details from my father as I wanted to include a trailer and a car.

Obviously want to do the boat. What's the better scale for detail? 1/16? Or does that get into absurdly large? I want something he can put on his desk and display. I can provide you with the color pictures I have, but do you have a way for me to send you pictures too big to email (such as Dropbox)? I have a couple TIFFs from scanned in color slides that are like 100MB each that blow up really well for the details.

Of the boat, I confirmed it was a Rayson Craft that is most likely in the pictures (he raced an Aquacraft at Long Beach only once so I doubt there's pictures), and it had a KB Hemi with the zoomie headers and the individual carbs. While the color pictures I have show the boat number is 130-SK, his number for most of the time was 30-SK so I'd like to do 30-SK for the model.

Trailer was apparently black metal, and not wood like I previously thought. I suppose it was a tandem wheel if that was the thing at the time as well.

Car is a Cadillac sedan, colored gold. I do not know exactly what model, but definitely not a wagon or a coupe. They raced in the late 50's and 60's but I assume the car was probably mid to late 50's considering cars are usually already owned prior to the boat. I was thinking maybe a Series 75? Or a mid to late 50's "60 Special"?

If you happen to have any pictures including the trailer and the car, then go with that.

Finally, would it be possible for you to send me what pictures you have of the SK30/SK130? I am curious if you have him or maybe someone later with the same number.

Let me know what you need from me. Thanks in advance!

Bolton models

Reaction score
So I'd like to start an order with you. I got more details from my father as I wanted to include a trailer and a car.

Obviously want to do the boat. What's the better scale for detail? 1/16? Or does that get into absurdly large? I want something he can put on his desk and display. I can provide you with the color pictures I have, but do you have a way for me to send you pictures too big to email (such as Dropbox)? I have a couple TIFFs from scanned in color slides that are like 100MB each that blow up really well for the details.

Of the boat, I confirmed it was a Rayson Craft that is most likely in the pictures (he raced an Aquacraft at Long Beach only once so I doubt there's pictures), and it had a KB Hemi with the zoomie headers and the individual carbs. While the color pictures I have show the boat number is 130-SK, his number for most of the time was 30-SK so I'd like to do 30-SK for the model.

Trailer was apparently black metal, and not wood like I previously thought. I suppose it was a tandem wheel if that was the thing at the time as well.

Car is a Cadillac sedan, colored gold. I do not know exactly what model, but definitely not a wagon or a coupe. They raced in the late 50's and 60's but I assume the car was probably mid to late 50's considering cars are usually already owned prior to the boat. I was thinking maybe a Series 75? Or a mid to late 50's "60 Special"?

If you happen to have any pictures including the trailer and the car, then go with that.

Finally, would it be possible for you to send me what pictures you have of the SK30/SK130? I am curious if you have him or maybe someone later with the same number.

Let me know what you need from me. Thanks in advance!
Sounds good, I’ll talk to you more after work. My number is (479) 883-2213 you can call or text at anytime

Taboma

Reaction score
Sounds good, I’ll talk to you more after work. My number is (479) 883-2213 you can call or text at anytime

How cool, have you done anything like my 22' Cole Nighthawk I/O pictured in my avatar ?
Be nice to have for a fond remembrance once my son has me committed and takes my boat, along with everything else. 🥴 ;)

Bolton models

Reaction score
How cool, have you done anything like my 22' Cole Nighthawk I/O pictured in my avatar ?
Be nice to have for a fond remembrance once my son has me committed and takes my boat, along with everything else. 🥴 ;)
Haven’t made that hull yet but we can.