WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Modern Diesel truck Hop up, Banks Derringer

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
I just put a Gale Banks Derringer tuner and i-gauge on my 2016 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel pickup.
I also added a Pedal Commander (goes on the wiring to the throttle pedal).
Unbelievable what a difference all of this did, it is like a different truck. It smokes the tires in every gear. Really fun to drive, but when everything is cranked up all the way you can't drive it smoothly, just comes on really fast.

When I think of all the money and work we used to have to do to get more performance 20 or 40 years ago and how easy it is now I am just amazed. Everything is by computer and tuning, no more headers, cams, high rise aluminum manifolds, etc. Just plug and play!

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I put a Pedal Commander on my V6 F150, I took it off, it was fun to spin the tires but made it hard to drive normal.

dribble

Reaction score
I’d just love to get out of CA and take the pot-bellied stove off of mine.

Or you could move to one of the 18 California counties that are EPA designated attainment areas and don’t require biennial inspections.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I put a banks tuner on the duramax to get better mpg. Turns out it just tricks the computer because when you hand calc the mileage its a few mpg lower. On the stock setting the hand calc vs truck is accurate.

No denying that it gives extra power however it sends the truck into regen mode twice as much as stock.

You also arent suppose to tow on any of the good tunes. The tow tune is decent but again sends you into regen twice what normal is.

Not saying its not a good improvement but there are some big downsides. I put it back to stock and just use it to change the tire size so the speedo is right. I should have spent the money re gearing the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FishSniper

Reaction score
I put a banks tuner on the duramax to get better mpg. Turns out it just tricks the computer because when you hand calc the mileage its a few mpg lower. On the stock setting the hand calc vs truck is accurate.

No denying that it gives extra power however it sends the truck into regen mode twice as much as stock.

You also arent suppose to tow on any of the good tunes. The tow tune is decent but again sends you into regen twice what normal is.

Not saying its not a good improvement but there are some big downsides. I put it back to stock and just use it to change the tire size so the speedo is right. I should have spent the money re gearing the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I noticed the same thing with the mpg calculation on my old truck with the banks system the numbers it was showing were incorrect when you hand calculated it out and the difference was substantial.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Or you could move to one of the 18 California counties that are EPA designated attainment areas and don’t require biennial inspections.
When we move, it definitely won’t be to another area of CA.

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
I asked the guys at Banks about towing and they said I could leave it at +6 on the power and the system would dial back the power as needed so that it wouldn't hurt the engine or over temp the EGT.