WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

mohave county 5% tax increase limit on property explained one more time.....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
we had this discussion a few years ago, I said it was law that they couldn't raise your property tax more than 5% a year but if you sold the proprty, they will be taxed at the new appraised value..... and.... I was and still am right.....

Turnup

Reaction score
Why would a tax assessor get a copy of an appraisal..?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Why would a tax assessor get a copy of an appraisal..?
they don't need a copy,... the city has their own appraisers .... the group appraises every property each year,... the only way they can raise your taxes more than 5% is if you do any improvements to the property, if you do they can raise the tax to the new appraised value.. the other way is if you sell the property, the new owner will be taxed at the new appraised value...

Turnup

Reaction score
Wow. Do they send you a proposed notice of assessment change, for dispute issues..?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Wow. Do they send you a proposed notice of assessment change, for dispute issues..?
yes, and you have a limited amout of time to dispute the value or it sticks and can't be changed till the next year..

FuncoFan

Reaction score
yes, and you have a limited amout of time to dispute the value or it sticks and can't be changed till the next year..
Good tip -- I have disputed the assessed value and it was corrected. Make sure to watch them

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
we had this discussion a few years ago, I said it was law that they couldn't raise your property tax more than 5% a year but if you sold the proprty, they will be taxed at the new appraised value..... and.... I was and still am right.....

Pretty much the same as CA...

Except the max anual increase is 2 percent. Thank you Howard Jarvis.

:bowdown: