WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Moho+Boat+SxS

Chestah Cheetah

Extra Medium
Reaction score
Thinking hard of entering the world of RV's. Would like to explore a toter home or similar. The idea is to take long road trips with the ability to carry a SxS in the garage (4 seater Can Am Maverick Max), and tow a boat. Most seem to have a small (short) garage and not sure about how much towing capability these things have. My brief search came up with Sport Chassis and Thor. Looking for recommendations, feedback, and experiences to aid in my search. Also looking to buy if anyone if thinking of selling.

Another idea is to buy a 'standard' moho and pull a boat trailer behind it. Boat trailer would have a SxS on top. Problem is, the current boat is not what we would take with us. This would involve getting a different boat and custom building a trailer.

fmo24

Reaction score
Thinking hard of entering the world of RV's. Would like to explore a toter home or similar. The idea is to take long road trips with the ability to carry a SxS in the garage (4 seater Can Am Maverick Max), and tow a boat. Most seem to have a small (short) garage and not sure about how much towing capability these things have. My brief search came up with Sport Chassis and Thor. Looking for recommendations, feedback, and experiences to aid in my search. Also looking to buy if anyone if thinking of selling.

Another idea is to buy a 'standard' moho and pull a boat trailer behind it. Boat trailer would have a SxS on top. Problem is, the current boat is not what we would take with us. This would involve getting a different boat and custom building a trailer.
I think a stacker is the way to go. Probably have to be a smaller boat to keep the trailer length reasonable. I just sold my wrangler and bought an f150 so we can take our golf cart with us. We flat tow and travel full time. Anything is doable for the right price.

Riverryder

Reaction score
There’s a guy on here that had a trailer made that he put his raptor on the bottom and small boat on top to tow behind his rv

Chestah Cheetah

Extra Medium
Reaction score
Thought about a stacker but quickly realized it would not work. Would like to be 21' to 28' for the boat and will be launching in saltwater. Would rather have an open trailer for ease of wash down, etc. I'd rather not dip a whole stacker trailer in the salt.

Singleton

Reaction score

Garages in most toters are 14’. Buddy has one, fits his Samurai, but not his 4 seat SXS.

fmo24

Reaction score
1644262130610.jpeg

you can probably configure how ever. It’s just money lol

Riverryder

Reaction score

Here’s the set up I was talking about.

Chestah Cheetah

Extra Medium
Reaction score

Here’s the set up I was talking about.
Yes, exactly. This may be more feasible than trying to stuff a 4 door SxS inside of a toter home garage.

Chestah Cheetah

Extra Medium
Reaction score
Found this ugly beast today. Seems like this type or the one shown above with the JK and Sea Doo's would be an ideal setup.

My thought is to have the boat on the bottom and SxS on top, with long ramps to get up and down (or a lift). My want is to have a 25' to 28' boat on the bottom. I understand now we're possibly running into total length issues. The reasoning for the boat on the bottom would be due to the size of the boat - most likely not going to work resting on top.

Another option would be a smaller 22' center console on top with a folding "T" top. Keeping the bottom large enough to carry a SxS or a full size pickup.

Attachments

• 00303_1yvMA5C5Mmgz_0CI0hr_1200x900.jpg
    00303_1yvMA5C5Mmgz_0CI0hr_1200x900.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 48