WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Moho direct tv satellite

fmo24

Reaction score
I have a Winegard T4 in motion satellite. It is only sending a signal to the receiver in the bedroom. I have two receivers. One one front and one in bedroom. I tested continuity of cable from roof to receiver. Then I ran a cable direct from sat to receiver and still no signal.
Does anyone know if there is something obvious I should be looking for. There are two outputs at sat. Main and secondary. Secondary feeds rear receiver

Booshy

Reaction score
Plug in receiver that's not working into the output of the satalite output that is working. Rule out cable and reciver. IF that works then I assumed the port on the satalite is not working or on. Maybe you can buy a splitter and split the one good output if thats the case?

fmo24

Reaction score
Swapped receivers and they both work in back. So ya that’s been eliminated. Just do not know how signal is split inside dome. I took cover off but nothing obvious.
Guess I will call Winegard in am

satellitemike

Reaction score
If u swapped and both work in the back sounds like a sat issue. One other thing could be is the original cable in the moho, is there a way to run a new cable from the dish to the front? FYI you cant use a splitter due to the voltage being sent from the receivers.

fmo24

Reaction score
If u swapped and both work in the back sounds like a sat issue. One other thing could be is the original cable in the moho, is there a way to run a new cable from the dish to the front? FYI you cant use a splitter due to the voltage being sent from the receivers.
I did try a cable from roof to receiver just to test. And no signal so pretty sure it is sat. Not sure how to test output at connection though or if you can

srttruck

Reaction score
So when you take the dome off (cover), where your two coax cables screw onto the outside of the dish, follow the same two cables on the inside up to the arm and swap them, this will let you know if the cable on the inside of dish is bad. Retest, your front tv should work and rear shouldn't , if this is the case order and replace the cable that goes from the LNB to the exterior coax hookup.

fmo24

Reaction score
Thanks that’s what I was looking for. It does not seem that coaxial cable continues inside dome but I will try to follow wires to where they go