WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mold Stains....

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I have Mold stains on my vinyl, unfortunately my cover leaked with all the rains, and the boat molded up inside, the vinyl was new last summer, and I don't want to ruin it. any suggestions?

kiethco

Reaction score
Go to your local janitorial supply house and ask for a gallon of brown out, brown away etc. It's all tannin acid and works amazingly well. You can use it on carpet, rv interiors, boats, ceilint tiles etc, anywhere you have cellulosic browning or that pesky water ring you're seeing.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Ok, yes I have uncovered her, and let it sit in the sun, I have a bit of cleaning to do, and then hopefully when dried out completely I will re cover her, and my girlfriends dad is going to let me keep the boat under his carport. thank goodness lol! I don't have any covered storage or a garage that she can fit inside of. thank you for the suggestions. I had many people say "just use bleach" but I still have carpet in the boat so that's out of the question.

Singleton

Reaction score
When you go to cover it again, make sure air can move around. I actually cover my vinyl with cheap white sheets then put on the cover.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Go to your local janitorial supply house and ask for a gallon of brown out, brown away etc. It's all tannin acid and works amazingly well. You can use it on carpet, rv interiors, boats, ceilint tiles etc, anywhere you have cellulosic browning or that pesky water ring you're seeing.

Good tip!!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
When you go to cover it again, make sure air can move around. I actually cover my vinyl with cheap white sheets then put on the cover.

This is huge. I made sure this time around that my storage cover was built with the poles that keep the canvas off the interior. Got sick of dealing with the homebuilt pvc set up and did it right. Makes a huge difference.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I have used scrubbing bubbles to clean and works great.

The only thing I worry about using scrubbing bubbles is that they could not guarantee that the stitching would not be harmed. I was very skeptical about it due to that. but it did cross my mind to use it. that stuff works awesome everywhere else for sure!