WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Molds for sale

Rayson1971

Reaction score
No thank you. We got two molds out of Rays Yard last year. Im done buying.

It is exhausting looking at old molds and trying to figure out whats what and if it can be saved.

257 Carrera is there, wpm 23-28s are there, 257 party effect x is cool too. Happy hunting boys.
Carrera 257 / 32/ 280 raptor v / 202xr / 19 eclipse
Aftershock 282 Deck, 28 24 tremor / 270 cat/ 24 deck / 21 skier / 21 tahiti style skier / wpm 23 28 cat
Cole 220 / 280S - 250 is at interceptor
The small stuff looked random- southwind stuff was hard to tell, stan had some wild old crusader stuff.

Hope that helps.

- Todd @ Tahiti
Cole 220. ? Superhawk, nighthawk, or skier? Or all three?

gqchris

Reaction score
When I was at Rogers in the 80s we picked up a set of molds (Spectra bottom, Schiada style deck, kinda) that had been sitting outside like these have and we spent weeks block sanding and block sanding and block sanding them back into shape. We were lucky that the casters were still on both molds so at least they were sitting square while they were in the sun and someone had thoughtfully drilled a drain hole in the bottom so the hull mold didn't hold water. If water had sat in it that'd be a whole other can of worms because as I'm sure you know, just like a sailboat that sits at a mooring for years, the thing would be full of blisters.

Thanks OldRigger. Appreciate the insight.

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
hahahaha
I can't help the shop I grew up in. Some guys dads worked for Schiada (my uncle was Leonard's first employee) Hallett...a dozen other shops back in the day. I grew up in that one starting when I was 10 and it was like going to disneyland, watching my dad and the other riggers doing what they did, metal flake hulls everywhere, the smell of resin. Damn that was a great era.
Los Altos Marine in the bay area was a huge Tahiti dealership and I started life in the service dept after my Dad went out of the v-drive business...we would get a truck load a week and they were stacked up like cord wood. The flake WAS amazing on those boats...beautiful colors and deep. Boats rode real well too...

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Cole 220. ? Superhawk, nighthawk, or skier? Or all three?

I didnt see the 220, that was kinda a cool deal. I think superhawk- hard to tell with only a mold. They are in tough shape.

I did see the 280. big boat.

old rigger

Reaction score
Los Altos Marine in the bay area was a huge Tahiti dealership and I started life in the service dept after my Dad went out of the v-drive business...we would get a truck load a week and they were stacked up like cord wood. The flake WAS amazing on those boats...beautiful colors and deep. Boats rode real well too...

More than once I've bought about the difference between you and I growing up in the boat biz. Me in the Tahiti shop and you in your dads
v-drive shop building the coolest of cool flat bottoms. I thought WE (and I say we knowing full well at 11, I was sweeping the floor and scooping up dog shit left by the meanest guard dog I'd ever seen) were building the coolest of the cool boats.

ilmormark

Rest Easy Mark (ilmormark) (Smoke On The Water) 😢
Reaction score
Bought one of those Carrera/Aftershock deals from Ray out there was nothing short of a nightmare dealing with that guy. Took me 2 years to figure out how to get that boat to plane now it nice and runs great thanks to AJ and Rod at Quality and Barrett. Keep a close eye on ole Ray
IMG_7666.jpg

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
More than once I've bought about the difference between you and I growing up in the boat biz. Me in the Tahiti shop and you in your dads
v-drive shop building the coolest of cool flat bottoms. I thought WE (and I say we knowing full well at 11, I was sweeping the floor and scooping up dog shit left by the meanest guard dog I'd ever seen) were building the coolest of the cool boats.
It's funny you should say that about the dog...my Dad also had a German Shepard we left at the shop...we had thieves all over downtown San Jose..The dogs name was Tula..some German dealio...but anyway had the dog like three years and I was the shit getter also...came in one day and the dog was hanging on the other side of our chain link fence. Had jumped and caught itself on the collar...sad day

wzuber

Reaction score
It's funny you should say that about the dog...my Dad also had a German Shepard we left at the shop...we had thieves all over downtown San Jose..The dogs name was Tula..some German dealio...but anyway had the dog like three years and I was the shit getter also...came in one day and the dog was hanging on the other side of our chain link fence. Had jumped and caught itself on the collar...sad day
Wow...sad day for sure.

rush1

Reaction score
yep.

old school deep entry, lots of freeboard. looks like a big guppy.

View attachment 737818
I had one of those boats years ago had a Schuster aluminum tag riveted on the inside, my buddy came over and asked what the heck is a Schuster? I told him he was the guy that built the big fiberglass giant that held 2 tires in his hands in the valley lol he actually belived me.

GregG

Reaction score
No thank you. We got two molds out of Rays Yard last year. Im done buying.

It is exhausting looking at old molds and trying to figure out whats what and if it can be saved.

257 Carrera is there, wpm 23-28s are there, 257 party effect x is cool too. Happy hunting boys.
Carrera 257 / 32/ 280 raptor v / 202xr / 19 eclipse
Aftershock 282 Deck, 28 24 tremor / 270 cat/ 24 deck / 21 skier / 21 tahiti style skier / wpm 23 28 cat
Cole 220 / 280S - 250 is at interceptor
The small stuff looked random- southwind stuff was hard to tell, stan had some wild old crusader stuff.

Hope that helps.

- Todd @ Tahiti

When you say WPM do you mean the old narrow beam, Team Warlock 23 and 28 Offshores?

old rigger

Reaction score
That is sad.
This dog was also a Shepard named Duke or Prince I can't remember but Schuster was the only one who could handle him. Learned pretty quick how far he could run on that chain.

old rigger

Reaction score
When you say WPM do you mean the old narrow beam, Team Warlock 23 and 28 Offshores?

I don't know if those are the molds Goodtime$ is referring too but the skinny 23 was a Crusader before it was a Warlock or Howard. Stan tooled that up. Don't know who tooled the 28, I assumed that Don Kirby did. He he ran the 'glass dept. when I rigged there.

old rigger

Reaction score
I had one of those boats years ago had a Schuster aluminum tag riveted on the inside, my buddy came over and asked what the heck is a Schuster? I told him he was the guy that built the big fiberglass giant that held 2 tires in his hands in the valley lol he actually belived me.

hahahaha that's a good one. I'm surprised Schuster didn't splash it.

Lots boat guys did weird stuff besides boats. At Rogers we tried to crack into the high end audio world with 'glass speakers and equipment cabinets. Harry at Advantage built the housings for walk up water dispensers and little racks that held fruit in markets. Hallett built furniture for a fast food chain, taco bell maybe?The company that built Regatta boats in Downey now builds parts for big rig trucks. I even made molds for vintage pedal car stuff. I also tooled up the coolest set of 'glass seat molds (If I do say so myself). Front ones were standard but I made the rear bench with 3 different inserts so you could use them on different width hulls and they looked right.

Goodtime$

Reaction score

23 WPM CAT - 28 WPM CAT - with the gunnel sides dipped down for the side controls. CATS only I believe.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
When you go can you see if there is a round bow 21- 20 daycruiser mold?

If you are looking for one the 20’ Specrra mold is for sale for 5k. Not from these guys but another guy

guest hs

Reaction score
WPM= Warrior Performance Marine
If I recall right. Ugly boats with a step down gunnel next to the driver and passenger.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
hahahaha that's a good one. I'm surprised Schuster didn't splash it.

Lots boat guys did weird stuff besides boats. At Rogers we tried to crack into the high end audio world with 'glass speakers and equipment cabinets. Harry at Advantage built the housings for walk up water dispensers and little racks that held fruit in markets. Hallett built furniture for a fast food chain, taco bell maybe?The company that built Regatta boats in Downey now builds parts for big rig trucks. I even made molds for vintage pedal car stuff. I also tooled up the coolest set of 'glass seat molds (If I do say so myself). Front ones were standard but I made the rear bench with 3 different inserts so you could use them on different width hulls and they looked right.
Yeah that's funny. Joe's tooling used to do stuff for Disney. You go in there and there would be a gigantic goofy that they hung off the back of their cruise ships or some cartoon car. And planter boxes and oddball stuff that are all over Disneyland.

old rigger

Reaction score
I was on my phone and couldn't read the whole thread.. LOL. I saw that it was covered a couple of times later in the thread.
RD

I just figured you’re still a little blurry from your cruise.

old rigger

Reaction score
Yeah that's funny. Joe's tooling used to do stuff for Disney. You go in there and there would be a gigantic goofy that they hung off the back of their cruise ships or some cartoon car. And planter boxes and oddball stuff that are all over Disneyland.

Old friends of mine have a shop in Stanton and they’re constantly repairing and re-gelling some water rides from Knotts. Knotts won’t belly up for new molds,they’d rather keep fixing. It’d be much easier and cheaper to make a mold.

old rigger

Reaction score
If I did I would keep it for myself I know how special those boats are! :D
I thought I was the only one who liked them.

For as many as were built they’re fucking hard to find. We used that bottom on at least 6 boats but I only want that one model.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Old friends of mine have a shop in Stanton and they’re constantly repairing and re-gelling some water rides from Knotts. Knotts won’t belly up for new molds,they’d rather keep fixing. It’d be much easier and cheaper to make a mold.
He used to complain about how bad they would beat him up. Hard to believe somebody could undercut Joe. Although he was getting old he just couldn't keep working that cheap.

GregG

Reaction score
I don't know if those are the molds Goodtime$ is referring too but the skinny 23 was a Crusader before it was a Warlock or Howard. Stan tooled that up. Don't know who tooled the 28, I assumed that Don Kirby did. He he ran the 'glass dept. when I rigged there.

Yes and thanks, I do recall that Stan started it all. I was assuming that WPM was the cat only boats, but if you look at the photos in the Craigs List ad for all the molds there is a photo in there of the early Crusader 23 Offshore. That boat ironically is still alive and running in Cape Cod today.

guest hs

Reaction score
Advantage builds and repairs the roller coaster carts people ride in at the New York New York in Vegas.