WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Monday morning in the stock market.

bocco

Reaction score
Friday was a pretty good drop. Tomorrow is not looking to good either.

I'm wondering it's getting close to sell and sit on cash time? Or at least put in stop losses.

Opinions?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Depends on how long those chinese factories are gonna be closed for.

DWC

Reaction score
If i were retiring in the next few years there’s a chance I’d move some around. There’s a shit load of extremely smart people that get paid to know what’s going to happen and they have no clue. There’s no chart or precedent to refer to.
My 2cents. Playing the hokey pokey and trying to time the market isn’t a viable long term strategy. Keep a diverse portfolio and adjust as it builds. If you’re going to play the market don’t run to cash. Figure out what North American countries could benefit from a slow down on imports. It’s like fantasy football but different. :D

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Don’t be scared
Hang in there, it just money
Lol

cofooter

Reaction score
The full effect of the Corona Virus on comapny earnings for the next several qtrs is not even close to being baked in.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Disney may take a hit. Cruise ships, theme parks affected by the Coronavirus,, the off season, just raised prices,, the next Star Wars may be PC again and fail again,

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Damn. Futures are currently down $780+-

78Southwind

Reaction score
I wonder if Bernie getting some traction is going to have some effect in the markets along with the coronavirus.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I put in an order to move everything into bonds. I am a little late as it won't happen until tonight. Not sure if it is a wise move or not. Just feel more conformable having it sit on the sidelines for a bit to see how it all is going to play out.

4Waters

Reaction score
It's been said in other threads that the next crash would be caused by the commercial side, this is it, (I'm not saying it's going to crash) businesses are going to have trouble paying their loans if they don't have anything to sell.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I wonder if Bernie getting some traction is going to have some effect in the markets along with the coronavirus.
Welfare voting block voting for free stuff. When the working states elections hit it'll change.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Auto sales are a little bit low this month. Might be a good time to buy.

RCDave

Reaction score
So. What happens over the next few days? Good correction today. Time to invest?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So. What happens over the next few days? Good correction today. Time to invest?

Gotta move fast if you are trading.....I suspect it snaps back this week with Friday maybe being a down day going into the weekend. People won't be wanting to hold on to stuff with so much volatility happening. Seems this virus is escaping out across the globe more than they were hoping for. USA is good about taking care of this kind of thing but other countries.....not too much.

Iran will just probably start killing people now.....watch....actually you probably won't even hear about them doing that

TCHB

Reaction score
Stock market has been on a upward trend for about 10 years now. When does in turn is the big question??

HST4ME

Reaction score
Seemed like a good time for the Chinese to botch a release of a genetically engineerd virus on the world economy.

78Southwind

Reaction score

I think there is more to the down fall than just the coronavirus. This website say's the polls have Sanders beating Trump by and average 4.4%. Some of the other pools I am seeing has Trump over Sanders by 7%.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-6250.html

Sanders vs Trump.png

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
10 fold will die of poor choices vs. a flu in The USA this year. Not all of those choices will be made by the deceased.

MSum661

Reaction score
I think there is more to the down fall than just the coronavirus. This website say's the polls have Sanders beating Trump by and average 4.4%. Some of the other pools I am seeing has Trump over Sanders by 7%.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-6250.html

View attachment 848759

I'm hearing this downside market correction is based on 25% virus and 75% Sanders gets the nomination.
The 10yr hit 1.32 today. New record low. Its waaay too early to say what happens next but the market action is awesome.