WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Monster bash

MooreMoney

Reaction score
My fiance and I are heading out next Thursday night. If you see us on the water say Hi.

IMG_0171.jpg Image1476041360.271130.jpg

DWC

Reaction score

That is sick. Great looking boat. We're heading up Thursday morning. See you out there.
PS. What's in it? 700's?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
great looking boat!

RDP will have a booth setup at the registration party Friday night at the pool and outside the convention center during the awards and costume party Saturday night!

along with all the regular Rdp gear we are running some special event shirts in a limited qty. this isn't the final design but it's close

IMG_5125.jpg

DWC

Reaction score
great looking boat!

RDP will have a booth setup at the registration party Friday night at the pool and outside the convention center during the awards and costume party Saturday night!

along with all the regular Rdp gear we are running some special event shirts in a limited qty. this isn't the final design but it's close

View attachment 516141

I'll take 3...

TLAW719

Reaction score
great looking boat!

View attachment 516141

Out me down for two. Let me know when you get them and I'll come by and pick them up.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Nice ride - we will see you guys out there this weekend. The stage 3 kits are awesome. Are you running 38 or 39 herrings?

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Nice ride - we will see you guys out there this weekend. The stage 3 kits are awesome. Are you running 38 or 39 herrings?

38's right now. I could probably turn 39's pretty easy in the cooler weather.

Wadernation

Reaction score
i will be there Thursday night...decided to not bring the boat so i am jumping in with another buddy instead. should be a good time.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
great looking boat!

View attachment 516141

These look good! are you going to have them up on the site?

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Weather looks like it is going to be really nice this weekend. :thumbsup I am pretty excited to go boating.

Yup, lots better then last year, it rained! I also threw my back out last year. Redo this year.

Boat just received a full service at TCM and I will be running the big props. Hopefully wind stays down and can make a hard pass down to the Springs for lunch run.

DWC

Reaction score
Yup, lots better then last year, it rained! I also threw my back out last year. Redo this year.

Boat just received a full service at TCM and I will be running the big props. Hopefully wind stays down and can make a hard pass down to the Springs for lunch run.[/QUOTE

Early read shows early Friday or anytime Saturday should be good. Really hoping my for decent weather. Last year was a mess. Brought my carpet home for the winter break because it was so wet.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    152.6 KB · Views: 46
  • image.png
    image.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 47

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score

Boat just received a full service at TCM and I will be running the big props. Hopefully wind stays down and can make a hard pass down to the Springs for lunch run.[/QUOTE

Early read shows early Friday or anytime Saturday should be good. Really hoping my for decent weather. Last year was a mess. Brought my carpet home for the winter break because it was so wet.

Awesome, thanks for the weather update. If report holds should be able to run pretty hard down to the Springs!

I agree, last year was a mess! Rain both Friday and Saturday.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
MooreMoney - 39's are awesome on our boat - I was trying to get a set for this weekend but ran out of time. Those are what I ran @ DS and threw a blade. Ran 37s all summer which were fun. I am trying to see if I can borrow a set this weekend. 40's where too much in the summer but may be OK now things have cooled down.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
MooreMoney - 39's are awesome on our boat - I was trying to get a set for this weekend but ran out of time. Those are what I ran @ DS and threw a blade. Ran 37s all summer which were fun. I am trying to see if I can borrow a set this weekend. 40's where too much in the summer but may be OK now things have cooled down.

My only suggestion is consider Mercury props, they are so much more durable vs Herring. Herring do seem to be a little faster since they have a thinner blade but not worth the risk of throwing blades.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
My only suggestion is consider Mercury props, they are so much more durable vs Herring. Herring do seem to be a little faster since they have a thinner blade but not worth the risk of throwing blades.

Agree with your suggestion. :thumbsup

overtime

Boobs we all love um
Reaction score
We will be there hanging out, didn't enter

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/foru...tid=516496&d=1476202187[ cleared for takeoff

New to boating

Reaction score

I have had roughly 15 sets of Herings over many years , at one point I had 10 sets - 30-40 all 5 blades 18 degree and relatively small diameter between 16 and 16.5 - never broke a Hering blade. I also bought 4 sets from Merc Racing and never broke a blade but they did not perform as well and we raced Raced Super V and Super Cat for years in big water with lots of hard loading and unloading - Found the Herings to be 100% reliable. The Hering product is far superior to the Mercury Product - always has been both from a finishing standpoint and a performance standpoint - good for 2-3 MPH back to back with limited power and as much as 5-7 MPH with bigger power as well as less annoying harmonics.

Lay the props side by side and look at the detail of the finishing - not even close.

One area that Mercury has Hering beat really really badly is DELIVERY - you place an order with Mercury they give you a shipping date and they usually ship early. Place an order with Hering and its never going to be delivered on time and if you get it in twice the time they originally promised you are lucky.

I have also heard that the "signature edge" of the Hering is prone to cracking - never found that to be the case.

When the Customer instructs Hering to thin the blades down (from stock finish) for racing or KILO I have have seen them sling blades but only on the CAST product, not on the FORGED product.

Presently have 4 sets of FORGED HERINGS runnning stock 1075's. 36 Skater.- ZERO problems.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
I have had roughly 15 sets of Herings over many years , at one point I had 10 sets - 30-40 all 5 blades 18 degree and relatively small diameter between 16 and 16.5 - never broke a Hering blade. I also bought 4 sets from Merc Racing and never broke a blade but they did not perform as well and we raced Raced Super V and Super Cat for years in big water with lots of hard loading and unloading - Found the Herings to be 100% reliable. The Hering product is far superior to the Mercury Product - always has been both from a finishing standpoint and a performance standpoint - good for 2-3 MPH back to back with limited power and as much as 5-7 MPH with bigger power as well as less annoying harmonics.

Lay the props side by side and look at the detail of the finishing - not even close.

One area that Mercury has Hering beat really really badly is DELIVERY - you place an order with Mercury they give you a shipping date and they usually ship early. Place an order with Hering and its never going to be delivered on time and if you get it in twice the time they originally promised you are lucky.

I have also heard that the "signature edge" of the Hering is prone to cracking - never found that to be the case.

When the Customer instructs Hering to thin the blades down (from stock finish) for racing or KILO I have have seen them sling blades but only on the CAST product, not on the FORGED product.

Presently have 4 sets of FORGED HERINGS runnning stock 1075's. 36 Skater.- ZERO problems.

Comparing a forged Herring to a cast Mercury is apples to oranges, you are comparing a $10k propeller to a $5k propeller. And in that example I would agree with you the Herring is a superior propeller. All I can say is cast Herring to cast Mercury the Mercury prop is a more durable propeller.

That said, for a 31 DCB with stage 3 700's I dont see the value in investing in a forged propeller. In my application F32 DCB with 1,200's I don't see the value in investing in a forged propeller. IMHO an extra $10k to go 2-3 MPH faster makes no sense.

Sbarry

Reaction score
Wish we could make it this year. A lot of nice hardware out there last year.... Rain and all.

First time I had ever seen a 6' beach umbrella being used as a rain guard for about 5 people on a 27' Eliminator. LOL

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Is this just for the big boats?

Edit: never mind, I think all the pics answered my question. Haha.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Lots of small boats attend this event, much more than desert storm, the fall weather makes for some smooth water. I'll be bringing a 22 Daytona and I know closer to a dozen others running boats under 25'

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Lots of small boats attend this event, much more than desert storm, the fall weather makes for some smooth water. I'll be bringing a 22 Daytona and I know closer to a dozen others running boats under 25'

There years ago we brought our old F29 and it was probably one of the bigger boats at the event. Lots of small boats and a much more relaxed time then desert storm.

My Fiance had something come up early Friday morning so we will not make it on the water until after lunch. I am learning early happy wife happy life.

DWC

Reaction score

There are usually some big damn boats out there. That being said there are plenty of non-super boats too. We all hang to the right and watch them not race to each stop. The evening parties are awesome. The people are even better. If you go from the channel to the springs on a normal weekend I would say sign up. Good times, good people. Good way to close out the season for most.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
There are usually some big damn boats out there. That being said there are plenty of non-super boats too. We all hang to the right and watch them not race to each stop. The evening parties are awesome. The people are even better. If you go from the channel to the springs on a normal weekend I would say sign up. Good times, good people. Good way to close out the season for most.

Looks like you need to be there Friday night...? wouldn't be able get there until 10 at the earliest Friday night. Bummer. Maybe we'll head out and watch.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It's a much different vibe then desert storm, lot less nut swingers comparing rolex's and more people who just like to have a good time and realize the best boating is after everyone else has left.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
There years ago we brought our old F29 and it was probably one of the bigger boats at the event. Lots of small boats and a much more relaxed time then desert storm.

My Fiance had something come up early Friday morning so we will not make it on the water until after lunch. I am learning early happy wife happy life.

Lol - I am in the same boat - We will most likely be just getting everything prepped for Saturday. First event RDP Friday Party. :champagne:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RDP will have a ezup at the pool Friday night, but we aren't hosting any party or anything? Well not anymore than our usual partying selves anyways.

This is like the 10th time I have heard there is some Rdp party Friday night? and Jim was asking me about it the other day as well.. where is that coming from?