WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Moon has past

racered

Reaction score
Rev. Sun Myung Moon, founder of the Unification Church, died Monday, Sept. 3, 2012.
Does anyone remember him? Are/were you a moonie? He made a shit ton of money.What a guy. Were these the folks that approached me in the airport and put a flower in my hand and asked for money while moonatizing me? over 30 some years ago. I discovered my dislike for aggressive sales tactics that day. F-Moon,,

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Didn't he build a commune in the Santa Monica Mountains? Got a building permit from the "Coastal Commission" and quietly tripled it's size behind locked gates... I seem to remember a big legal battle that the commune lost and had to tear down 2/3rds of the buildings, or something like that??.... Then the EPA went nuts over some kind of trash/waste.... Not sure if it's even still there...AND, it might have been some other whacko....
Ray

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I worked with a guy years ago whose brother got caught up in the moonie movement. He gave the cult all his possesions and moved off to their commune wherever it was......He woke up one day and came back home with his tail between his legs feeling like an idiot. Last I heard he was selling Amway up in Canada somewhere.:skull

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
I always wondered if his son Kook was funding the Unification Church with proceeds of his gun company...Kahr Arms.