WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

More California BS...New Dirt Bike Though

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
based on my research all my old stuff moves from red to green stickers in 2022.
That just means I will not be upgrading anything this year.

Pre ‘22 red sticker dirt bikes are gonna be like pre ‘76 smog exempt cars :)

AZ reg or don’t register at all and run it. Pay the fine if/when when you get popped and move on.

76sanger

Reaction score
Absolutely I agree. How did they pull this off? Pollution from the small amount of new 4 stroke dirt bikes? Please
They pulled this off because over the last 10,20 years no one in the motorsport industry has ever taken the little steps that the California government has been doing seriously. A "little" land here, a little land there, a little regulation, a little more regulation. Now the demonazis are as fucking bold as they have ever been, they are not trying to hide their agendas in "little" steps anymore. It's full on "FUCK YOU THE PEOPLE" and your freedoms. We the hitler loving NAZIS dont care about what you like, (your going to do as we tell you to do).
How many of you have given some kind of money to organizations that try to keep the desert and dunes open? How many people have came together in thousands and written or called delegates to oppose closers? I live in Oregon and have given thousands of dollars to the ASA when they were fighting to keep and open more of the glamis dunes back up. It's always about being proactive and trying to stay ahead of the situations. In this case motorcycle and desert losses.
People talk,talk,talk, or type,type,type but wont spend "any of their time" trying to stop any of this either by calling, writing or monetarily. It's a bitch for sure, but you reap what you put into it.
This is just my .02 cents.
P.S. This is just the beginning. You gave them a foot hold and it's going to get worse quickly. SxS, Jet skis, Boats.....you almost cant even do anything to your cars, I would be really worried!

RCDave

Reaction score
They pulled this off because over the last 10,20 years no one in the motorsport industry has ever taken the little steps that the California government has been doing seriously. A "little" land here, a little land there, a little regulation, a little more regulation. Now the demonazis are as fucking bold as they have ever been, they are not trying to hide their agendas in "little" steps anymore. It's full on "FUCK YOU THE PEOPLE" and your freedoms. We the hitler loving NAZIS dont care about what you like, (your going to do as we tell you to do).
How many of you have given some kind of money to organizations that try to keep the desert and dunes open? How many people have came together in thousands and written or called delegates to oppose closers? I live in Oregon and have given thousands of dollars to the ASA when they were fighting to keep and open more of the glamis dunes back up. It's always about being proactive and trying to stay ahead of the situations. In this case motorcycle and desert losses.
People talk,talk,talk, or type,type,type but wont spend "any of their time" trying to stop any of this either by calling, writing or monetarily. It's a bitch for sure, but you reap what you put into it.
This is just my .02 cents.
P.S. This is just the beginning. You gave them a foot hold and it's going to get worse quickly. SxS, Jet skis, Boats.....you almost cant even do anything to your cars, I would be really worried!
Liberalism is a PLAGUE

Englewood

Reaction score
I think I'll hold onto my 2021 KTM 300 now...Was thinking about selling it.

rivergames

Reaction score
What organization help protects offroaders freedoms? I'd be happy to help donate to help us in any way possible. Fuck Libs! Cocksuckers!!!!!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My friend Jean who is a writer for cycle news covered this in her channel. Very informative and explains it well. Motorcycles aren’t “going away” after 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Mike, thanks for posting that!

So all current Red sticker bikes will get green stickers? That in its self is bad azz!

I sold all my red sticker stuff a long time ago. All I have left is green sticker stuff. I did that so I Could ride in Mammoth, Kennedy Meadows and places like that. 😊

The manufacturers have been building green sticker bikes for decades. They will just start selling primarily green sticker bikes from now on.

The Real racers have always bought shit us mere mortals can't buy anyway, and they have their own private tracks to race/practice on.

I don't see this (after watching her vid) as a big deal to anyone.

Unless you have an older red sticker bike, then this is Great news! 👍👍

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Are the D-37 and D-38 races considered closed course? What a gong show.
I know D-37 is working on getting approval for their races. Without it, it would completely shut down factory supported teams and kill the sport.

77charger

Reaction score
Neighboring states will thank Ca for the extra mvd fees they get to collect
I live in az so if i bought a bike here registered it here i can legally take to ca without having to buy the out of state ohv sticker since ca will recognize it.But a ca registered bike az like Utah does not recognize out of state registrations.Kind of surprised ca hasnt taken that step yet.

The ohv sticker is for states that do not have a registration system but if you are ca resident and show up wit haz registration they may not like that so buying the ca out of state sticker should solve that issue being that they get their money.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I think everything will be fine, I went green sticker a a few years ago because I got sick of mixing oil and gas. All 4 of our bikes are all green sticker. Now I do wish I still had my O5 YZ 250. That would be worth some money now!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Just spoke to my dad who some of you may know if very active in District 37. Specially on the legal side of things. The Cycle News report there is a little off which isn't too surprising considering the source of their info, the manufacturer's. BLM is already on board to be enforcing this on federal land. The bill she was referring to has passed and it is worded as such as that there will be a registration for the "non-compliant" bikes and as long as the operator has a valid competition card, they can use it on OHV land for race or "practice". Important part being.... "practice" is not defined.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I live in az so if i bought a bike here registered it here i can legally take to ca without having to buy the out of state ohv sticker since ca will recognize it.But a ca registered bike az like Utah does not recognize out of state registrations.Kind of surprised ca hasnt taken that step yet.

The ohv sticker is for states that do not have a registration system but if you are ca resident and show up wit haz registration they may not like that so buying the ca out of state sticker should solve that issue being that they get their money.
Reading the Ca website says a proper Az OHV registered vehicle will be acceptable.....but yeah. I'd personally just get the annual Ca visitor pass to avoid too much scrutiny.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Just spoke to my dad who some of you may know if very active in District 37. Specially on the legal side of things. The Cycle News report there is a little off which isn't too surprising considering the source of their info, the manufacturer's. BLM is already on board to be enforcing this on federal land. The bill she was referring to has passed and it is worded as such as that there will be a registration for the "non-compliant" bikes and as long as the operator has a valid competition card, they can use it on OHV land for race or "practice". Important part being.... "practice" is not defined.

Practice is done on private tracks. No need to worry about that. This is Honds's factory track...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Here are a few more, in CA no less!

In case you have the balls to man up for one...

shaffewm

Reaction score

“Closed course competition” ;)
Are the D-37 and D-38 races considered closed course? What a gong show.

Sure are

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

“Closed course competition” ;)

Sure are

Just like Supercross...

I can't remember who it is, but one of the pro riders has a Huge practice facility in Florida.

These guys have rock star money. No need to worry about them. 😎

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Or just ride in places that are not HYPER policed and you have no worries. I prefer to ride in areas that I see very few people and just surrounded by close friends.

I have been asked to see the sticker on my toys over the last 25 years exactly ZERO times! Actuality, I have never even been approached by LEO other than a friendly wave.

AKA... avoid Glamis LOL

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
And some guys have their own personal tracks. Mere mortals need not apply...

96motorhead

Reaction score
Wow Mike, thanks for posting that!

So all current Red sticker bikes will get green stickers? That in its self is bad azz!

I sold all my red sticker stuff a long time ago. All I have left is green sticker stuff. I did that so I Could ride in Mammoth, Kennedy Meadows and places like that. 😊

The manufacturers have been building green sticker bikes for decades. They will just start selling primarily green sticker bikes from now on.

The Real racers have always bought shit us mere mortals can't buy anyway, and they have their own private tracks to race/practice on.

I don't see this (after watching her vid) as a big deal to anyone.

Unless you have an older red sticker bike, then this is Great news! 👍👍
I fail to see how banning more than half of the new dirt bikes sold in California from public off road use is not a big deal.

Last edited:

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I have extensive desert experience, from Jawbone to Imperial. I have never been sticker inspected except for Glamis on Gecko road. Never in Ocotillo, Never in Superstition, Anza, Johnson Valley, etc. So this makes sense if they aren't going to check it then why bother.

My sons 2001 CR250R last year of the green sticker just lost some value.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have extensive desert experience, from Jawbone to Imperial. I have never been sticker inspected except for Glamis on Gecko road. Never in Ocotillo, Never in Superstition, Anza, Johnson Valley, etc. So this makes sense if they aren't going to check it then why bother.

My sons 2001 CR250R last year of the green sticker just lost some value.

The only time I've ever had mine checked was when I was riding ON the highway in front of Big Bend. No helmet. No wallet. No registration. No riding gear. No brain! LoL

The cop ran the tags on my quad and I gave him my drivers lic. number from memory.

Lucked out That day! He let me go with a warning to go get a brain and use it! 😁

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
The only time I've ever had mine checked was when I was riding ON the highway in front of Big Bend. No helmet. No wallet. No registration. No riding gear. No brain! LoL

The cop ran the tags on my quad and I gave him my drivers lic. number from memory.

Lucked out That day! He let me go with a warning to go get a brain and use it! 😁

How long ago was that because I don't think you have used it yet. 😁 😁 😁

96motorhead

Reaction score

Taboma

Reaction score
My friend Jean who is a writer for cycle news covered this in her channel. Very informative and explains it well. Motorcycles aren’t “going away” after 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You tell your friend for me, that that's one of the best, most articulately spoken internet videos I've ever had the pleasure of viewing and listening to. 👍 👍 👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You must not ride socal deserts much. Here is a link:

I was out riding 2 weeks ago. You? LoL

You should watch the vid hammer posted. It explains the whole process without Any drama.

Signed,

Still waiting for facts. Like DMV registrations and shit. 😉

96motorhead

Reaction score
I was out riding 2 weeks ago. You? LoL

You should watch the vid hammer posted. It explains the whole process without Any drama.

Signed,

Still waiting for facts. Like DMV registrations and shit. 😉
I usually ride the socal deserts 3 weekends a month, unfortunately due to my health I have had to sit the last few months out. I'm hoping to be healed up by October.

I watched the video, it was very informative. Obviously you did not watch the video because if you did you would realize she agrees with me.

That article I posted summarizes the California Air Resources Board Study from 2017, in other words it is reputable.

Rivermobster, I'm not going to hold your hand for you, the information is out there on the internet. I just want others reading this thread to see that this will have a negative impact on riding and not just brush it off as no big deal.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I usually ride the socal deserts 3 weekends a month, unfortunately due to my health I have had to sit the last few months out. I'm hoping to be healed up by October.

I watched the video, it was very informative. Obviously you did not watch the video because if you did you would realize she agrees with me.

That article I posted summarizes the California Air Resources Board Study from 2017, in other words it is reputable.

Rivermobster, I'm not going to hold your hand for you, the information is out there on the internet. I just want others reading this thread to see that this will have a negative impact on riding and not just brush it off as no big deal.

Trust me bro...

I don't need you or anyone else to hold my hand! I'm able to think for myself.

And did you say 2017? How is that relevant today?

I don't know about you, but every green sticker ride I own had been pretty well modified. Pipes, intakes, jet kits, cams, compression ratios. You know, the usual stuff?

I sold all my red sticker bikes ages ago. I like to ride pretty much year round. 👍

Real racing will be unaffected, as private property is exempt.

Amateur racing is unaffected, cause there are plenty of public access private tracks in CA.

The manufacturers will now just sell green sticker bikes, and guys like me will continue to modify them as we see fit.

And I figured that out all by myself!

Sorry about your health. Hope you get better soon. We can go ride outa Miller Canyon when you feel better. 👍

96motorhead

Reaction score
Trust me bro...

I don't need you or anyone else to hold my hand! I'm able to think for myself.

And did you say 2017? How is that relevant today?

I don't know about you, but every green sticker ride I own had been pretty well modified. Pipes, intakes, jet kits, cams, compression ratios. You know, the usual stuff?

I sold all my red sticker bikes ages ago. I like to ride pretty much year round. 👍

Real racing will be unaffected, as private property is exempt.

Amateur racing is unaffected, cause there are plenty of public access private tracks in CA.

The manufacturers will now just sell green sticker bikes, and guys like me will continue to modify them as we see fit.

And I figured that out all by myself!

Sorry about your health. Hope you get better soon. We can go ride outa Miller Canyon when you feel better. 👍
A lot of people race red sticker bikes out in the desert for example District 38 and the National Hare and Hound.

So now the next step will be to outlaw all of the aftermarket performance parts for a green sticker bike from being shipped or sold in California. California is obviously a progressive state, they always have to keep pushing further and further. If you give them an inch they take a mile.

Miller Canyon looks like a cool place to ride, I'll keep you in mind. I was in Victorville earlier this year and the area out there looked like a good place to ride.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
A lot of people race red sticker bikes out in the desert for example District 38 and the National Hare and Hound.

So now the next step will be to outlaw all of the aftermarket performance parts for a green sticker bike from being shipped or sold in California. California is obviously a progressive state, they always have to keep pushing further and further. If you give them an inch they take a mile.

Miller Canyon looks like a cool place to ride, I'll keep you in mind. I was in Victorville earlier this year and the area out there looked like a good place to ride.

And those existing bikes will all get green stickers. That's pretty bad azz!

Miller Canyon is a great staging area. We used to do 60 mile loops and be heading home by 11am.

Great So Cal summer time riding. 👍

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
A lot of people bought red sticker bikes. I read it was greater than 50%.

those people are not happy. they don’t want green sticker bikes.

The manufacturers will have to step up as there is real money to be made.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Practice is done on private tracks. No need to worry about that. This is Honds's factory track...

Negative. There is zero definition as to where or how "practice" can occur except OHV areas. I.e. a district 37 or 38 member can "practice" Teagle Wash on his 2022 bike as long as he has his district competition membership card

These were changes added to the bill right before it was approved.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Negative. There is zero definition as to where or how "practice" can occur except OHV areas. I.e. a district 37 or 38 member can "practice" Teagle Wash on his 2022 bike as long as he has his district competition membership card

Kinna contradicts hammers friend's video, so who knows. *shrug*

Thinking about it...

If the bill only restricts blm land access, then why would they restrict anything else at this point?

*doubleshrug*

And furthermore...

The tag on the OP's pic by Malcom Smith says "closed course only" right on it! So private tracks only, yes?? Otherwise, they wouldn't even be selling the bike in CA??

*tripleshrug*

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

cakemoto

Reaction score
Any of you ever read the Stamp on stock a exhaust? Not legal for ohv use anyway.closed circuit use only

propcheck

Reaction score
California has to be the largest market for off-road motorcycles in the US. How did this happen? How on earth does anyone believe that this will help whatsoever to "stop climate change". There are so many larger fish to fry. What a joke, but the joke's on us unfortunately...
Let me help with context.
TheCalifornia Government closed the open desert to overnight dispersed camping to stop the person to person spread of Covid while allowing people cram into public transportation🤷🏼‍♂️

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Did you tell the cop you hauled yore dirt bike out there in an F350 though? 😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

lol I’m sure all the cops will be up on these nuanced regulations!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Did you tell the cop you hauled yore dirt bike out there in an F350 though? 😂

It was So long ago bro. Pretty sure I was still rocking my F150 back then! All I said was yes sir, no sir and thank you sir. Probably why he let me go. 😝

lol I’m sure all the cops will be up on these nuanced regulations!

Right? Not to mention it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Slap on some early plastics and an old green sticker, and adios!

I used to have a stack of green and red stickers, cause I'd forget to put em on. I might be motivated to look for em, if I had a reason to...

💵 😁

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Let me help with context.
TheCalifornia Government closed the open desert to overnight dispersed camping to stop the person to person spread of Covid while allowing people cram into public transportation🤷🏼‍♂️

I know, none of it makes sense. It's all about control and slowly eliminating any & all freedoms we have to enjoy life.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The video was made before the final meeting regarding the bill. The last iteration of the bill is what opened up the definition of practice

Copy of the approved Bill here....

Ya know what? I didn't see the word practice mentioned ANYWHERE in that FINAL bill.

Wanna know what I did see??? A SHIT TON OF NEW FEES!!!!!!!!!

Typical money grab by the state of CA. They need the money for the off road fund, so they can pay for more closed area signs. You know, the ones they put up cause no one shows up to the planning meetings, except the enviro nuts?? Yeah, those signs.

(a) An off-highway motorcycle or an all-terrain vehicle that is model year 2022 or newer and is used solely for competition not on a public highway, in accordance with Section 39048 of the Health and Safety Code, shall have a vehicle identification number (VIN) or product identification number (PIN) configured with a “3” or “C” as the eighth digit to qualify for issuance or renewal of an identification pursuant to this division. The 10th digit of the VIN or PIN shall correspond to the model year as specified by the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards or the Society of Automotive Engineers’ ICS-1000 (ISO 10261:2002E).

(a) (1) A service fee of seven dollars ($7) shall be paid to the department for the issuance or renewal of identification of off-highway motor vehicles subject to identification, except as expressly exempted under this division.
(2) Commencing January 1, 2023, in lieu of the fee specified in paragraph (1), a service fee of nine dollars ($9) shall be paid to the department for the issuance or renewal of identification for competition off-highway motorcycles or all-terrain vehicles model year 2022 and newer, as identified in Section 38011.
(b) (1) In addition to the service fee required by paragraph (1) of subdivision (a), a special fee of thirty-three dollars ($33) shall be paid at the time of payment of the service fee for the issuance or renewal of an identification plate or device.
(2) Commencing January 1, 2023, in addition to the service fee required by paragraph (2) of subdivision (a), a special fee of forty-two dollars ($42) shall be paid at the time of payment of the service fee for a competition off-highway motorcycle or all-terrain vehicle model year 2022 and newer that will be operated on public lands for which funds from the Off-Highway Vehicle Trust Fund have been expended. The special fee set forth in this paragraph shall be for the purposes described in, and subject to, subdivision (d). A vehicle subject to this paragraph is not subject to the special fee in paragraph (1).

I read this bill as requiring manufactures (in 2022) to change the VIN to identify a competition only bike, and then in 2023, slap on and extra fee for those bikes. Shocker eh?

:mad:

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Ya know what? I didn't see the word practice mentioned ANYWHERE in that FINAL bill.

Wanna know what I did see??? A SHIT TON OF NEW FEES!!!!!!!!!

Typical money grab by the state of CA. They need the money for the off road fund, so they can pay for more closed area signs. You know, the ones they put up cause no one shows up to the planning meetings, except the enviro nuts?? Yeah, those signs.

(a) An off-highway motorcycle or an all-terrain vehicle that is model year 2022 or newer and is used solely for competition not on a public highway, in accordance with Section 39048 of the Health and Safety Code, shall have a vehicle identification number (VIN) or product identification number (PIN) configured with a “3” or “C” as the eighth digit to qualify for issuance or renewal of an identification pursuant to this division. The 10th digit of the VIN or PIN shall correspond to the model year as specified by the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards or the Society of Automotive Engineers’ ICS-1000 (ISO 10261:2002E).

(a) (1) A service fee of seven dollars ($7) shall be paid to the department for the issuance or renewal of identification of off-highway motor vehicles subject to identification, except as expressly exempted under this division.
(2) Commencing January 1, 2023, in lieu of the fee specified in paragraph (1), a service fee of nine dollars ($9) shall be paid to the department for the issuance or renewal of identification for competition off-highway motorcycles or all-terrain vehicles model year 2022 and newer, as identified in Section 38011.
(b) (1) In addition to the service fee required by paragraph (1) of subdivision (a), a special fee of thirty-three dollars ($33) shall be paid at the time of payment of the service fee for the issuance or renewal of an identification plate or device.
(2) Commencing January 1, 2023, in addition to the service fee required by paragraph (2) of subdivision (a), a special fee of forty-two dollars ($42) shall be paid at the time of payment of the service fee for a competition off-highway motorcycle or all-terrain vehicle model year 2022 and newer that will be operated on public lands for which funds from the Off-Highway Vehicle Trust Fund have been expended. The special fee set forth in this paragraph shall be for the purposes described in, and subject to, subdivision (d). A vehicle subject to this paragraph is not subject to the special fee in paragraph (1).

I read this bill as requiring manufactures (in 2022) to change the VIN to identify a competition only bike, and then in 2023, slap on and extra fee for those bikes. Shocker eh?

:mad:
I believe the VIN is already that way. That is what kept bikes from being converted to street use by using the VIN.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I believe the VIN is already that way. That is what kept bikes from being converted to street use by using the VIN.

Plus you haven't been able to buy a conversation kit in CA for years.

Now it's mandated by this bill. It's just another money grab plain and simple. 👎