WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

More Cats stolen

Backlash

Reaction score
Gawd damn that's gonna hurt! These fucking tweakers need to get their asses beat half to death and strung up naked in the town square. 🤬🤬🤬

500bbc

Reaction score
So Fukd up😤😡🤬
Time for a few big mean nocturnal dogs to keep in the company yard.
They really need to nail the jackholes who willingly accept these cats as scrap.
For what?
There is nothing considered a crime in LA any more.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
If the scrap yards stop buying these cats then it might slow the theives down a little.

Reactions: DWC

boatpi

Reaction score
A number of years ago LAPD had two detectives assigned to the "Metals Detail", they checked scrap yards, recyclers, kept then honest. These detectives with other specialized detectives worked Burglary Auto They Division out of Parker Center, later the new police building. The top 5% of detectives worked the "3rd Floor, all top notch in solving crime. I was honored to work two section at this division. Fast forward today, the chief due to de funding has slashed this division, now called FCD, in half, even the 50 year old BADCATS auto theft section is on the chopping block. Everyone will suffer, the crooks are laughing all the way to the bank, no enforcement, not one finger will be lifted to investigate these crimes as they are spread across vast areas, way too much for local detectives wearing a coat and tie to investigate.

redone76

Reaction score
Are they being scrapped? Or stolen and sold to shady muffler shops who in turn sell them to unsuspecting customers?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
The homeless populatio is out of control in the Mission Hills area. I cringe every time I go down to see my Dad in North Hills near Lassen and Sepulveda.

A friend who owns a termite co in Mission Hills had cats stolen from 14 trucks last night ...welcome to the new world order !

Baja 252

Reaction score
What's the going rate for a "used" cat? Maybe I'm in the wrong business. ;)

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
So potentially these tweakers came up $12,000 on those 40 trucks.

Without knowing what type of trucks, hard to say...here's current pricing from one buyer:

wishiknew

Reaction score
Without knowing what type of trucks, hard to say...here's current pricing from one buyer:

This is the problem online no one sees anyone just send them and money sent back quick

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
This is the problem online no one sees anyone just send them and money sent back quick

Yep. It will never stop. LEO cannot connect any of these converters to a particular victim, since they're not serialized, so they can't prosecute. The only difference between a truckload of stolen cats and a truckload of legit used/failed cats is that the stolen ones will have crooked cuts and more pipe on them...until they get home and area able to square up the cuts. Junkyard cats that are sold by the dismantler look just like stolen cats. Everyone knows, but can't prove it in court so there is no prosecution.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Question, how much HP does a Cat rob from a Chevy 5.3? I'm just curious..

floatn turd

Reaction score
So, is there any way to prevent it?

Any redneck buffoonery that can make them just move on to the next truck?

Sandlord

Reaction score
I was just reading about an RV storage facility that was hit as well.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Ya. Wow. Fuck CA and their bullshit laws. The thieves should be hung!

Don65

Reaction score
Screenshot_20201228-185331_Instagram.jpg

JB in so cal

Reaction score
So stolen cats and high covid positives?

Oh. Did I say that out loud?

4Waters

Reaction score
It almost makes sense to remove them and weld in a couple flanges and a bolt in straight section of pipe. Then only put the cats back in when it is time to smog the vehicle.
Did that on my dads 92 F250 4x4 460. Those trucks would eat cats and because of the restrictive cats the manifolds would crack, so we got a bad cat and hollowed it out, put a 3 bolt header flange on it and swapped it out every 2 years but it always looked like it had one in it.

We put 3in exhaust with a Flowmaster cut the silencers out of the intake and with the hollowed out cat that truck got about 16mpg towing my enclosed racecar trailer and was never struggling.

rcmike

Reaction score
Expired reg tags , seat belt infractions, tinted windows, all hyper enforced misdemeanors ...
Those make them money. Of course they go after those. No real work involved, law abiding people just send them money.

People steal shit from your house? There's no money in it, they actually have to work, even if you give them a video with the face and a license plate, and they know at the end they will not get paid. So why bother when they can go nab someone for a sticker. Funny thing is, DMV never bothered to send a sticker for my weekend car after I paid online since they were closed..

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Question, how much HP does a Cat rob from a Chevy 5.3? I'm just curious..
None, not measurable. The only reason to remove them from "performance" applications is not for the horsepower, it's because the fuel map or fuel type will kill them anyway.