WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

More than 14,000 homeless Californians moved into hotels

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
So nice of him to give them an address so they can get their mail in ballots. I’m thinking their lease expires November 4th.

In an effort to get people off the streets and out of shelters during the coronavirus pandemic, the state has moved an estimated 14,200 homeless Californians into hotels and motels since April, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Tuesday.

The state has secured more than 15,670 rooms as part of its Project Roomkey initiative, surpassing the 15,000 goal originally set by the governor. Those rooms are set aside for unhoused residents who either test positive for COVID-19, have been exposed to the virus or may be more susceptible to the virus because of their age or underlying medical conditions.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Those hotels are fucked.

Oh boy.
You know better than most people just what’s in store.
Think “new Jack City”...

So taxpayers will pay the rent first, then when the owners sue the State for the damages it’ll be cheaper just to buy them out..even at exorbitant prices.
Then you’ll have State run drug centers.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Oh boy.
You know better than most people just what’s in store.
Think “new Jack City”...

So taxpayers will pay the rent first, then when the owners sue the State for the damages it’ll be cheaper just to buy them out..even at exorbitant prices.
Then you’ll have State run drug centers.
The crazy part is they already issue vouchers for "homeless". The people bounce hotel to hotel all the time and they have been doing this for years. The people they are trying to scoop up off the street and house in these places are the ones that cannot function inside or with regulation. Yes, I'm sure there will be the anomaly in the group that actually cleans up every once a week, but all I see happening here is a ton of refusals to leave and thousand upon thousands of damage and repair to each of those rooms. I sure hope those hotels are being given some kind of repair budget.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Simple Solution:Give the California homeless population an Existing City of their own.You guys discuss and decide which Ca city that might be.

2Driver

Reaction score
Can image what goes on in there and how it is trashed. Now that is a undercover reality show I would watch.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
we will protect you from a virus that dies off from UV light, by putting you inside hotels w/ no UV light

I wonder if this is their strategy to clean up homelessness, like they did with those pesky SS recipients in nursing homes 🤔 🤔

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
How are these “people” eating at these hotels???

Room service included too? Or are they strictly on take out? Grub hub????

WTF is going on here ????????

707dog

Reaction score
i can only picture the marcy projects or the new jack city apartments... but on a lighter note wonder where they are going to park those thousands of rv/trailers they bought up for provide shelter for the less fortunate?

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
i can only picture the marcy projects or the new jack city apartments... but on a lighter note wonder where they are going to park those thousands of rv/trailers they bought up for provide shelter for the less fortunate?
Those will be hazmat material.