WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Moreno Valley man dies when sea doo expoldes on ramp

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Also, on a PWC, you should keep the bilge plugs out till your ready to launch. It can allow heavy fuel fumes to dissipate. And like Was said Pull the seat and smell for fuel vapors. Sad deal.

Last edited:

Havazoo

Reaction score
Wow lesson to all of us, use your blower before start up, boat's included....

floatn turd

Reaction score
Here's an older one.

Not really funny..........but yet it is at the same time.
🤣

Taboma

Reaction score
Wow lesson to all of us, use your blower before start up, boat's included....

Do new modern 4 stroke skis come with bilge blowers ?

I know the shit-ton of 2 strokers I've owned for so many years never had one. But as with our boats, frequent visual inspections, sniff tests and hatches open and seats off and well aired out prior to heading for the ramp. I must admit however, I am occasionally lax after stopping for a beach refreshment break and don't always pop the seat for a visual or sniff test prior to restarting to leave.
I guess we get complacent assuming it was running proper when we beached and after never having had a problem in 30 years, it's easy to let your guard down --- can't do that, obviously.
Always was diligent about checking the boats, more so than the skis I will admit.

77charger

Reaction score
Gets scary if you get a fuel leak. I had a carb issue on my stand up fixed it asap with better parts.

2Driver

Reaction score
Definition of close call.

River neighbor is cranking and cranking on his 800sr stand up. When he finally popped the engine cover, we were standing there looking at the engine compartment filled to the brim with fuel. :0 The plastic tank failed and all 5 gallons went into the engine compartment. LOL I was like, Run!

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
I’m just down from where it happened, It was a very loud boom. My neighbor (paramedic) ran down and said is was a very bad scene and by the time he got there there was nothing he could do to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

traquer

Reaction score
That sucks. So sad. Jet ski is the definition of carefree smiling and fun. Guess we need to learn from this and keep our shit in good order. Had to have been a fuel leak.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Very sad. My neighbor uses a cordless leaf blower to get the fumes out of his sit down skis before he goes to the ramp. Always thought it was a pretty smart idea.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Rip, honestly I have never thought about it, I will now.

Reactions: FCT