WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Morning wood / blown hydro on the strip

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Pretty cool!

I've seen many dudes in 200 mph boats running the river.

Mel Kirby at Big river 1998

Mel.jpg

Mike Peasley Big River 99.

MikePeasly passBig.jpg

Darryn Kepner. Not sure how fast this boat was, but certainly 150+

NKRA 086a.jpg

Mark Reese Needles. Not sure how fast.

DSC00313a.jpg

DSC09801.JPG

NKRA 233.jpg

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I wonder how many times he's stabbed it with the rudder still turned? Nice recovery!

boatnam2

Reaction score
Hold this for a second while i grab a handfull! I could watch that all day.

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
Pretty cool!

I've seen many dudes in 200 mph boats running the river.

Mel Kirby at Big river 1998

View attachment 1082327

Mike Peasley Big River 99.

View attachment 1082328

Darryn Kepner. Not sure how fast this boat was, but certainly 150+

View attachment 1082330

Mark Reese Needles. Not sure how fast.

View attachment 1082331

View attachment 1082332

View attachment 1082333
The fastest timed pass on the river is probably still Eddie Hill with his fuel hydro at 180ish. Sunshine Marina, in Bullhead City, sponsored a drag boat race in the mid 80s and Eddie was on hand for an exhibition run. Water conditions were far from ideal when he made his pass.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
The fastest timed pass on the river is probably still Eddie Hill with his fuel hydro at 180ish. Sunshine Marina, in Bullhead City, sponsored a drag boat race in the mid 80s and Eddie was on hand for an exhibition run. Water conditions were far from ideal when he made his pass.

I think that is about the same as the outboard hydro kilo record at Parker Az. I think it is 176 m.p.h.

4Waters

Reaction score
Well Eddie has huge balls, so there's that. I've always liked Eddie down to earth and always has time for his fans.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

They've been much faster than that - on the river in Parker.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…Saw Eddie Hill make one of his jaw dropping runs at Perris…I think???…cant remember the speed but it was over the existing record at the time…This was right around 1980i???…
…The races were over …it was almost dark and out of nowhere…the unmistakeable roar of a fuel burning Hemi…The run was on…
…I was standing a little past the finish line…
… It happened so quick the few people still there…didn’t know how to react… The announcer who had been quiet for quite a while announced the speed and ET and then said how much over the existing record it was… …Wish I could remember the particulars???…
…one of those memorable moments…

Ty N

Reaction score
I love stayin at needles marina. Just about every morning you get woken up by a little boat with a big motor. Coffee and listening to the morning runs is my favorite.
The truly only way to be WOKE!!!

brgrcru

Reaction score
just fucking bad ass.........................

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
What makes it a little more impressive is that he had not been on the water here before. I talked to him a bit before he decided to go out and run. He was concerned about it being wide enough to turn the boat around, as well as any other pleasure boats and wakes.

Whatever speed they caught him at was almost certainly not accurate, the radar gun was up on the roof so the angle is bad. I handled the radar up there last year.

caribbean20

Reaction score
Bad ass for sure. Do miss those fuel boats at Firebird.

stoker2001

Reaction score
Very impressive!!! How big of a boat are we talking about? How many engines?
it was 20 foot Hydro with single engine 4.0 V8 OMC two stroke methanol with nitrous.there goal was to hit 200mph,but had few mishaps along way hitting a mudhen and other probs.Second Effort out of Florida was behind this.what is crazy is record still stands today for fastest outboard after three decades

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
it was 20 foot Hydro with single engine 4.0 V8 OMC two stroke methanol with nitrous.there goal was to hit 200mph,but had few mishaps along way hitting a mudhen and other probs.Second Effort out of Florida was behind this.what is crazy is record still stands today for fastest outboard after three decades

And then they went fishing. :p 🍺

cofooter

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that the boat drags were coming back to Parker next year. At La Paz like the other races have been since BLue Water kicked them out. Looking forward to it!!