WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Morse prop shaft seal question.

Vector

Reaction score
I was replacing my rope in my seal and removed the cotter pin, nut, plastic washer and 1 rope. When I look inside it looks like there is a metal washer and another rope behind it. Do I need to remove that metal washer? I thought 2 ropes would have just been installed 180 degrees off from the cut. Does anyone have one of these that can show me how it goes inside? Thanks for the help.
91E796D9-09D5-4961-A401-7F583034F171.jpeg

25BD24A6-12D2-4229-8FED-1B9B526F3A4F.jpeg

MSum661

Reaction score
I have no idea how those work and would of thought by now somebody here that does know would jump in to help you.

If worse comes to worse and you want to give another product a try without too much maintenance hassle's I'm using this shaft seal kit on my new project ground up build machined out of 6061-T6 that has 3 in-line double lip cup seals inside the housing with a grease zerk, stainless T-bolt clamps w/ nylocks to tighten down on the marine rubber hose. The T-Bolts are stronger and you could eliminate using your 4 standard hose clamps and use grease to keep the seal water tight. Just a thought.

cc.jpg
BB.jpg
AA.jpg

MSum661

Reaction score
Thanks Oldschool, found their website

Hey Bob, sorry I missed your post.
For some reason I only get about half the message alerts or more than I should so its easy to miss a reply from a member here.
Anyway, just happen to check back as noticed your message.
Looks like Oldschool helped you out!

Hope You and Liz are doing great and enjoying your brand new Havasu home.

Mike

Bob Bitchen

Reaction score
Hey Bob, sorry I missed your post.
For some reason I only get about half the message alerts or more than I should so its easy to miss a reply from a member here.
Anyway, just happen to check back as noticed your message.
Looks like Oldschool helped you out!

Hope You and Liz are doing great and enjoying your brand new Havasu home.

Mike

Hey Mike,

When are you and Shelly coming by for a drink?
The Schiada project has made it to the top of the list and I'm gathering parts and tearing it apart as we speak.