WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mortgage Market Update/Purchase and Refinance Mortgage info

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Midday Update:

WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE: This week’s FOMC meeting has adjourned with an announcement of a .500% hike to key short-term interest rates, slowing the pace of the previous four meetings. Today’s increase brings the benchmark Federal Funds rate to its highest level since December 2007. It was widely expected that Chairman Powell and friends would make this move.

Comments from the post-meeting statement and press conference indicate the Fed has no plans at the moment to pause these increases to bring down inflation. In fact, some of the charts are pointing towards the Federal Funds rate now peaking at 5.1%, up from the previous update of 4.6%. This means the Fed feels they need to be more aggressive to tackle inflation that previously thought.

Along with this meeting came revised economic projections from the Fed that indicate they feel inflation is going to stronger than thought while a noticeable slowdown in economic activity and a sizable rise in unemployment are on the horizon. The higher inflation is problematic for bonds and mortgage rates, but the other two headlines can be considered favorable news for rates.

We saw an initial negative reaction in bonds before recovering the knee-jerk losses. On the other hand, stocks have reacted negatively with the major indexes giving up morning gains. The Dow is now down 102 points while the Nasdaq is down 51 points. The bond market is currently up 2/32 (3.49%), which should keep mortgage rates at this morning’s levels, at least for the time being. There is a possibility of bonds falling back into negative ground or maybe extending the rebound to cause an intraday revision in rates before the end of the day.

This week’s second big economic report will come early tomorrow morning when November's Retail Sales report is posted at 8:30 AM ET. It gives us insight into highly important consumer spending habits that make up over two-thirds of the U.S. economy. Rapidly rising spending raises the possibility of seeing solid economic growth and stronger inflation. Since long-term securities such as mortgage bonds are usually more appealing to investors during weaker economic conditions, an unexpected increase in sales will likely drive bond prices lower and mortgage rates higher tomorrow. Analysts are expecting to see a 0.2% decline in November's sales, meaning consumers spent less last month than in October. Favorable results for mortgage rates would be a larger decline that shows weaker than thought economic activity.

Also tomorrow morning will be the release of November's Industrial Production report at 9:15 AM ET. This moderately important report gives us a measurement of manufacturing sector strength by tracking output at U.S. factories, mines and utilities. Forecasts show a 0.1% rise in output. A decline will be good news for bonds and mortgage rates, while a stronger reading would show manufacturing strength and be considered unfavorable. The sales data will draw much more attention than this release will.

If I were considering financing/refinancing a home, I would.... Lock if my closing was taking place within 7 days... Lock if my closing was taking place between 8 and 20 days... Float if my closing was taking place between 21 and 60 days... Float if my closing was taking place over 60 days from now...

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
WE WILL BE LICENSED IN ARIZONA BY MID TO LATE JANUARY!

Thursday's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Call me today to get rate quotes on your purchase, refinance or HELOC scenario or click HERE.

Give us a call today if you;

• Need a purchase quote in an hour or less
  • Debt consolidation refinance (mortgage rate is far less than consumer debt rates)
  • HELOC or HELOAN scenario
  • Need a quote on a fix/flip or rehab scenario (available in most states)
Call 619-255-3182 today for details on these programs.

We are a small CA independent brokerage where you are our primary concern, not shareholder profits. Those savings are passed directly to you in the form of lower rates and payments.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Monday's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Call me today to get rate quotes on your purchase, refinance or HELOC scenario or click HERE.

• Debt consolidation refinance (mortgage rate is far less than consumer debt rates)

We are a small CA independent brokerage where you are our primary concern, not shareholder profits. Those savings are passed directly to you in the form of lower rates and payments.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Tuesday's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Happy Friday's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Merry Christmas to all you RDP Campers!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Call me today at (619)255-3182 to get rate quotes on your purchase, refinance or HELOC scenario or click HERE.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Need information on the following? click HERE or call me at 619-255-3182

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Wednesday's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Call me today at 619-255-3182, PM or email me to get rate quotes on your purchase, refinance or HELOC scenario or click HERE.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Happy Friday Campers! Today's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Happy New Year to all you RDP Campers!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy New Years Campers!

Lenders are closed today so no new information to report. Reports resume tomorrow.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

WE WILL BE LICENSED IN ARIZONA BY THE END OF THE MONTH.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Happy Hump Day Campers!

Call me today at 619-255-3182, PM or email me to get rate quotes on your purchase, refinance or HELOC scenario or click HERE.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Report from MBS Highway:

The Fed Minutes showed that the Fed is focused on wage growth and they are waiting for the job market to get worse. How crazy – The Fed wanted more jobs so they poured gasoline on inflation, but now they want people to lose their jobs...

Further noted, the FED indicated they will slow their increases from .5% to .25% beginning Feb 1.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Some additional exciting news for us. We will also be originating very aggressive commercial loans on all building types as well as SBA loans!

Call me today at (619)255-3182 to get rate quotes on your purchase, refinance or HELOC scenario or click HERE.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Some additional exciting news for us. We will also be originating very aggressive commercial loans on all building types as well as SBA loans!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Hump Day Campers!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

We will also be originating very aggressive commercial loans (backed by banks and credit unions) on all building types as well as SBA loans!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
We will be originating very aggressive commercial loans (backed by banks and credit unions) on all building types as well as SBA loans!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Bonds are in positive territory. It's a good time to lock!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Hump Day Campers!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

We will be originating very aggressive commercial loans (backed by banks and credit unions) on all building types as well as SBA loans beginning February 1.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
We will be originating very aggressive commercial loans (backed by banks and credit unions) on all building types as well as SBA loans!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Some exciting news for us. We will be originating very aggressive commercial loans on all building types as well as SBA loans!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Rates are lower this morning. It's a good time to lock!

Some additional exciting news for us. We will be originating very aggressive commercial loans on all building types as well as SBA loans!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Hump Day Campers!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Thursday Campers!

We will also be originating very aggressive commercial loans (backed by banks and credit unions) on all building types as well as SBA loans!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Some exciting news for us. We will be originating very aggressive commercial loans on all building types as well as SBA loans!

The Arizona licensing process is almost complete. We are just waiting for the state of Arizona to issue the licenses.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Some additional exciting news for us. We will be originating very aggressive commercial loans on all building types as well as SBA loans! AZ license is in final stage of approval.

We are a small independent brokerage where you are our primary concern, not shareholder profits. Those savings are passed directly to you in the form of lower rates and payments.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Hump Day Campers!

Some additional exciting news for us. We will also be originating very aggressive commercial loans on all building types as well as SBA loans! OUR ARIZONA LICENSE IS IN THE FINAL STAGE OF APPROVAL.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Mid Wednesday update: FED meeting

WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE:
This week’s FOMC meeting has adjourned with an announcement of a .250 bump to key short-term interest rates, a move that brings them to their highest level since October 2007. It was the smallest hike the Fed has made since they started raising rates back in March of last year. The post-meeting statement indicated the Fed acknowledged inflation has started to ease but is still too high. It is also clear the Fed continues to make further increases in the future. In short, no major surprises so far even though we are seeing a strong positive reaction in the markets. Chairman Powell is currently in his press conference, so unless something unexpected is said we should see an intraday improvement to rates soon.

Stocks and bonds both have rallied since the 2:00 PM ET adjournment. The Dow is up 69 points while the Nasdaq has jumped 224 points. The bond market is currently up 30/32 (3.40%), which should cause mortgage rates to improve by approximately .375 - .500 of a discount point from this morning’s levels.

The first of this morning’s economic releases was January’s ADP Employment report at 8:15 AM ET. It showed that only 106,000 new private-sector payrolls were added last month, falling well short of the 165,000 that was predicted. As a sign of weaker than thought conditions in the employment sector, we can label the report favorable for bonds and mortgage rates. However, it is important to remember this data isn’t often accurate in predicting what Friday’s extremely influential monthly governmental Employment report will show. In other words, this is good news today, but we should remain cautious about Friday’s version.

One of this week’s major economic releases was the Institute of Supply Management’s (ISM) manufacturing index at 10:00 AM ET. They announced a 47.4 reading, pointing towards slower manufacturing activity. The markets were expecting to see 48.0, making the report good news for bonds and mortgage rates.

In addition to weekly unemployment claims, Employee Productivity and Costs data for the 4th quarter will also be released early tomorrow morning. It can cause a change in the bond market but should have a minimal impact on mortgage pricing. If the productivity reading varies greatly from analysts' forecasts of a 2.7% rise, we may see a slight move in mortgage pricing. Higher levels of worker productivity are good news for the bond market because it allows the economy to expand without fueling inflation.

December's Factory Orders data is set for release at 10:00 AM ET tomorrow morning. It is similar to last week's Durable Goods Orders release in giving us a measurement of manufacturing sector strength, but this data includes new orders for both durable and non-durable goods. It is not one of the more important reports we get each month. However, it can influence mortgage pricing if it varies greatly from forecasts. Traders are expecting a 2.2% rise in new orders, indicating gains in the manufacturing sector. The bond market would like to see a decline, meaning that manufacturing activity was noticeably weaker than many had thought.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Thursday Campers!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Some additional exciting news for us. We will be originating very aggressive commercial loans on all building types as well as SBA loans! AZ license is in final stage of approval.

We are a small independent brokerage where you are our primary concern, not shareholder profits. Those savings are passed directly to you in the form of lower rates and payments.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Hump Day Campers!

Some additional exciting news for us. We will also be originating very aggressive commercial loans on all building types as well as SBA loans! OUR ARIZONA LICENSE IS IN THE FINAL STAGE OF APPROVAL.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
CONSTRUCTION LOANS:

New Product for Builders and home owners -

One Time Close New Construction Loans

BETTER FOR BORROWERS​

• Save time and money. One closing means only having to cover one set of closing costs.
  • No settling. With new construction, borrowers really can have the home of their dreams.
  • Only 5% down. A low down payment makes new construction loans accessible for more borrowers.
  • One approval. No need for a second approval.
  • Float down option. Once the loan is complete, borrowers can float down to secure a lower interest rate if the market changes or stay locked in no matter how the market moves.
  • Initial interest-only payments. During the build period, the borrower can enjoy a lower, interest-only payment.
  • Less out-of-pocket expense. The borrower doesn’t have to pay for the build and then get a mortgage. The mortgage pays for the build!

BETTER FOR BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS​

• Levels the playing field. Gives general contractors more freedom to build unique dream homes for their clients, rather than cookie-cutter developments.
  • Get paid faster. Once the loan is closed, the cash is ready to be used for labor and materials. It also saves the expense of having to pay for the build up front and then find a buyer.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
We will be originating very aggressive commercial loans (backed by banks and credit unions) on all building types as well as SBA loans! Arizona lending in progress.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Some very good news for VA loans coming April 7th. The VA funding fee will be REDUCING which will save our Veterans thousands of dollars per loan. Call for details. 619-255-3182. Scott

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Friday Campers!

Today's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]