WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mortgage Market Update/Purchase and Refinance Mortgage info

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Hump Day camper's!

Wednesdays Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

We offer the most aggressive VA, FHA, Conventional and JUMBO pricing for California properties and we close our loans between 14-30 days.

To get your no obligation rate quote for your purchase or refinance, call me today at 866-476-2494 or click HERE. I will have loan options available to you within 30 minutes of my receipt confirmation.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
If you have credit card debt, student loans, want to consolidate your mortgages to save $$$ or want cash out for home improvements...now is the time to do this.

The bond market is in positive territory this morning which means it's a good day to lock!

Thursday's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

We offer the most aggressive VA, FHA, Conventional and JUMBO pricing for California properties and we close our loans between 14-30 days.

To get your no obligation rate quote for your purchase or refinance, call me today at 866-476-2494 or click HERE. I will have loan options available to you within 30 minutes of my receipt confirmation.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Friday Campers! Another good day to lock your rate and rates are holding steady from yesterday's improvements.

Click HERE for your Friday Rate Lock Advisory and market conditions.

For a purchase prequalification or refinance quote, click HERE or call me today at 866-476-2494. I will have loan options available to you within 30 minutes or my receipt confirmation.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Rates are holding steady. Grab them while you can...

Monday's Rate Lock Advisory - click HERE

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Joker

Reaction score
Shout out to Scott for connecting us to a lender in AZ who helped our daughter get her first house. Without this connection it wouldn’t have happened.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Good Morning campers...

It's going to be an interesting day today.
2022-01-26 (2).png

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
MBS lower after FED statement was less aggressive than expected. Things could change after press conference but lenders are poised to reprice to higher rates.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
If you have credit card debt, student loans, want to consolidate your mortgages to save $$$ or want cash out for home improvements...now is the time to do this.

The bond market is in recovery mode after yesterday's beating.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Friday RDP'ers. After the absolute beating bonds took on Wednesday after the FED meeting, bonds have rebounded. It's a good day to lock your rate.

For a purchase prequalification or refinance quote, click HERE or call me today at 866-476-2494. I will have loan options available to you within 30 minutes or my receipt confirmation.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Good Morning campers...Monday's Rate Lock Advisory - click HERE

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
It may save you money to finance now.
The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) recently announced increases to upfront fees for certain high-balance and second-home loans. The changes will go into effect on April 1, 2022 so if you’ve been thinking of getting a new loan, I recommend you act now.

What are upfront fees?
Upfront fees are premiums added to the cost of a loan to account for higher risk scenarios. Though the name implies they are paid “upfront” when the loan is initiated, they are more typically reflected in the interest rate you pay.

How much will this cost?
The exact amount depends on your loan to value ratio (LTV) – the amount of the loan as a percentage of the property’s value. A higher LTV will incur a higher fee, as it represents a greater risk. The FHFA is imposing fees ranging from 0.25% to 0.75% for high-balance loans and 1.125% to 3.875% for second-home loans. As an approximate example, a fee of 0.75% will often translate to a mortgage rate that’s 0.25% higher.

How do I know if the new fee impacts my purchase or refi?
Generally speaking, the fee structure will apply to all second-home loans (homes not used as a primary residence).
High-balance loans (offered in areas with elevated conforming loan limits) will be impacted unless they are part of certain protected programs, such as HomeReady or Home Possible, or for certain first-time homebuyers in high-cost areas.

The fees apply to loans sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, which account for the majority of mortgage loans in the U.S. Privately held mortgages will not incur the fees.
If you’re planning a purchase or refinance in 2022, acting early before these fees kick in can potentially save you thousands over the life of your loan.

Please reach out to learn more. I’m here to help.
(619)255-3182

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
The bond market has been improving this morning on a shallow level. It's a good morning to lock as no corrections have occurred yet.

Happy Taco Tuesday's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Happy Hump Day camper's!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Updated rate lock suggestion is to LOCK before tomorrow's job report!

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
For self employed borrowers:

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac announced they are removing their temporary Covid-19 guidance for self-employment income. As of February 2, borrowers no longer need to submit a profit and loss statement and business assets to prove stability of their self-employed business.

Also in the news for self employed borrowers/investors:

We have pulled in 3 new lenders for non QM loans (bank statement qualification loans, asset depletion, stated income etc.) for owner occupied, non-owner occupied, investment properties with multiple units, fix/flip, new builds, remodels etc. with great rates. These are NOT hard money lenders.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Here’s how the rate news could affect your mortgage
If you follow the financial news, you know that the Fed recently had one of their scheduled meetings to discuss and comment on policy.

First, who is the Fed?

The Federal Reserve Board (the Fed) is the central banking system of the U.S. The Fed supports the U.S. economy with monetary policy.

The Fed indicated it could start raising rates in 2022. These are charges for overnight loans from bank to bank and will often indirectly impact mortgage rates.

The Fed also expects to begin tapering its asset purchases “soon,” as early as its next meeting in November. The Fed began regular large-scale purchases of U.S. Treasuries and mortgage-backed securities in March 2020 to help lower long-term interest rates and stimulate the economy.

How will this affect your mortgage?

While neither of these actions directly impacts mortgage rates, either can have the result of pushing rates higher, even in advance of actual Fed rate policy changes.

What should you do?

Consider that today’s low rates aren’t likely here to stay long term. If you are thinking of purchasing or refinancing, it may pay to act soon. As well, if you’ve been thinking about purchasing a second or investment home, a recent change has made rates and availability of agency backed financing better.
Thank you for allowing me to provide you updates on industry news. Please reach out if I can answer questions or help you or those you love with financing (or refinancing) a home.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Happy Hump Day camper's!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
YOU HAVEN'T MISSED THE BOAT...

If you have credit card debt, student loans, want to consolidate your mortgages to save $$$ or want cash out for home improvements...now is the time to do this. With a 760 qualification score, 80% LTV or lower, purchases and rate/term refinances are still seeing rates in the 3% range for conforming 30 year fixed and high 2% range for 15 year fixed options. Call for direct quotes for your specific loan scenario.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Wednesday nickels worth of advice...

The monthly payment difference on a $300K loan with a 2.875% interest rate and one with a 3.875% interest rate is only $166 per month. If you are currently in a loan with PMI or are looking for debt consolidation, you still stand to save a great amount of money per month. Also, in the purchase market...if the FED continues to raise their rates this year, we may see a slowing of the housing market. I don't see a crash but I do see a slow down on the purchase market and it may have an effect on the available equity in your current homes. Mortgage rates are going to continue to climb, there is no getting around that. Act now before you leave money on the table if you are thinking of doing any of the items mentioned above. I do NOT recommend HELOC loans (unless absolutely necessary) this year because they are adjustable rate loans and the rate index is directly impacted by the FED. If the FED raises their rate, your HELOC rate will also rise on your next adjustment. You might consider combining your 1st and 2nd mortgages to avoid the higher payments in the near future.

We have a whole lot of stupid at the helm in Washington. The FED has stated they are going to stop purchasing mortgage back securities which was helping mortgage rates stay low. They also stated they are going to sell off the MBS they purchased which is a double whammy to mortgage interest rates. Again, get the lowest rates you can while they are still available. Doesn't look like we're going to see any steady relief anytime soon.

c_land

Reaction score
Wednesday nickels worth of advice...

The monthly payment difference on a $300K loan with a 2.875% interest rate and one with a 3.875% interest rate is only $166 per month. If you are currently in a loan with PMI or are looking for debt consolidation, you still stand to save a great amount of money per month. Also, in the purchase market...if the FED continues to raise their rates this year, we may see a slowing of the housing market. I don't see a crash but I do see a slow down on the purchase market and it may have an effect on the available equity in your current homes. Mortgage rates are going to continue to climb, there is no getting around that. Act now before you leave money on the table if you are thinking of doing any of the items mentioned above. I do NOT recommend HELOC loans (unless absolutely necessary) this year because they are adjustable rate loans and the rate index is directly impacted by the FED. If the FED raises their rate, your HELOC rate will also rise on your next adjustment. You might consider combining your 1st and 2nd mortgages to avoid the higher payments in the near future.

We have a whole lot of stupid at the helm in Washington. The FED has stated they are going to stop purchasing mortgage back securities which was helping mortgage rates stay low. They also stated they are going to sell off the MBS they purchased which is a double whammy to mortgage interest rates. Again, get the lowest rates you can while they are still available. Doesn't look like we're going to see any steady relief anytime soon.

I read your thread everytime you post. Always appreciate the insight.

Heylam

Reaction score
Scott, can’t you get your pmi removed from an existing loan once you reach 80% loan to value without refinancing?

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Scott, can’t you get your pmi removed from an existing loan once you reach 80% loan to value without refinancing?
It's possible. Most lenders will make you jump through some serious hoops. I know of two (nameless) major lenders that make it virtually impossible.

Heylam

Reaction score
Wow, I guess I got lucky on the last one I did. I just got a brokers price opinion and it sufficed. UWM was the lender.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Wow, I guess I got lucky on the last one I did. I just got a brokers price opinion and it sufficed. UWM was the lender.
UWM is not your typical lender. I use them on about 50% of my deals. I was referring to retail "bank" lenders.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Mid Day Wednesdays Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Friday's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Some Fun Weekend Facts from MBS:

1. SOME TURN INTO BEARS - As of the close of trading on Friday 2/18/2022, the S&P 500 is down 9.3% from its all-time closing high set on Monday 1/03/2022. 6 of the index’s 26 tumbles of at least 10% that have occurred in the last 50 years were “bear” markets falling at least 20% from a previous closing high. The S&P 500 consists of 500 stocks chosen for market size, liquidity and industry group representation. It is a market value weighted index with each stock's weight in the index proportionate to its market value (source: BTN Research).

2. ONE WAS JUST LUCKY – A person with $1 million invested 100% in the S&P 500 as of 1/01/1973 who was withdrawing an inflation-adjusted $100,000 per year would be out of money in just 9 years, i.e., as of 12/31/1981. The very next day, a 2nd person also with $1 million invested in the S&P 500 as of 1/01/1982 who is withdrawing an inflation-adjusted $100,000 per year would have $7.72 million remaining after 40 years, i.e., as of 12/31/2021. This calculation ignores the ultimate impact of taxes on the account which are due upon withdrawal, is for illustrative purposes only and is not intended to reflect any specific investment or performance. Actual results will fluctuate with market conditions and will vary (source: BTN Research).

3. START RIGHT AWAY - A child born in February 2000 (22 years ago) who started college in the fall of 2018 is scheduled to graduate from an average 4-year public in-state college in May 2022. If the child’s parents had invested $150 per month beginning at the child’s 2000 birth and had earned an annualized +8% on all invested dollars, the parents would have been able to pay for their child’s 4-year college expenses of tuition, fees, room and board (the 4-year cost was $88,330). This calculation ignores the ultimate impact of taxes on the investment account which are due upon withdrawal, is for illustrative purposes only and is not intended to reflect any specific investment or performance. Actual results will fluctuate with market conditions and will vary (source: College Board).

4. THE PRICE OF ELITE - The average 1-year cost of tuition, fees, room and board at a private 4-year American college for the 2021-2022 school year was $50,580 (source: College Board).

5. FEWER BABIES - The United States had 3.611 million births in 2020, a total that is projected to fall by 300,000 to 3.3 million when the final 2021 birth total is reported. US births were 3.96 million in 2011 (source: CDC).

6. THE BIGGEST - The 4 largest monthly budget deficits in US history occurred over a 12-month stretch beginning in April 2020. The 4 months were April 2020 ($738 billion deficit), May 2020 ($399 billion deficit), June 2020 ($864 billion deficit) and March 2021 ($660 billion) (source: Treasury Department).

7. PAY FOR IT LATER - Student loan debt in the United States was 84% larger than credit card debt nationwide as of 12/31/2021, i.e., $1.58 trillion to $860 billion (source: Federal Reserve Bank of New York).

8. A TAX THAT IMPACTS VERY FEW - 3,382,000 Americans died in 2020 or 9,240 a day. But of that 2020 death total, just 1,275 Americans paid federal estate taxes in 2020, down from 139,000 in 1976 (source: IRS).

9. SPENDING WHAT YOU DON’T HAVE - Americans added $1 trillion of household debt in 2021, increasing from $14.56 trillion as of 12/31/2020 to $15.58 trillion as of 12/31/2021 (source: Federal Reserve Bank of NY).

10. WE’RE STILL PRODUCTIVE - 58% of 10,737 workers surveyed worldwide during November 2021 are working part-time in an office environment and part-time at home, an increase of 12 percentage points from 46% who were functioning this way in May 2021 (source: Future Forum Pulse).

11. SIDE HUSTLE - 27% of American adults earn money from “gig activities,” e.g., childcare, house cleaning, ride sharing, selling goods online or renting property (source: Report on the Economic Well-Being of US Households).

12. MAKING MONEY - The breakeven price of crude oil that an American oil producer requires to be profitable on a new well is between $46 to $58 per barrel, depending on where the drilling occurs. The price of West Texas Intermediate crude oil closed at $91.07 a barrel on Friday 2/18/2022 (source: Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas).

13. NEW WHEELS - The average price of a new vehicle purchased in the United States in December 2021 was $45,743, an all-time record (source: J.D. Power).

14. WHEN’S THE NEXT? - The US has suffered through 11 recessions in the last 70 years. The last recession lasted only 2 months, the shortest in history, and ended in April 2020 (source: Nat’l Bureau of Econ. Research).

15. NO PLACE LIKE HOME - In the first 54 Super Bowls (1967-2020), no NFL team played and won the game on their home field. But in the last 2 Super Bowls (# 55 and # 56), the winning team (Tampa Bay in 2021 and the Los Angeles Rams in 2022) played and won the game on their home field (source: NFL).

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Tuesday's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Hump Day camper's!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
The bond market is in good shape this morning. Good day to lock!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
MBS and bond markets are in positive territory today which translates to improved market conditions. Great day to lock!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
The bond market is in good shape again today. Good day to lock.

Tuesday's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Hump Day camper's!

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

The bond market is in recovery mode after yesterday's beating.

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Happy Friday campers...the bond market is in great shape this morning. It's a great time to lock!

Happy Friday's Rate Lock Advisory click HERE

Scott Wenhe
NMLS 336862
CALBRE 1768632
619-255-3182
[email protected]