WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Moscow Mule

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of day drinking...

I think this is MY new favorite drink!

Vodka, fresh lime juice, ginger beer and mint leaves.

Not every market has ginger beer, so you might have to look around.

I found a recipe for spicy ginger syrup (you put red pepper flakes in it) and tried that last night. It's bomb! 🎉

Super refreshing. Perfect summer drink. With 2oz of vodka, you can't even taste the alcohol in it!

Dangerous? Yep. Consume at your own risk. 😎

P. S. I've heard your can make it with rum too. I'll be trying that soon...

🤞

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I'm also a big fan of the MM.. The Mammoth Tavern has some great one's and they are pretty cheap during Happy Hour.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Nice!!! I agree the refreshing drinks these days are so much more enjoyable. I was just going on line to try to recreate a chocolate‘raspberry drink for the wife tonight.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Dunno, heading out and all I have is whiskey in the freezer, and maybe some beer from last season...
Maybe I need to up both my intake and my game 😂

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Angie here:

We drink these regularly in the summertime. Sometimes I have the Kentucky Mule, but our favorite is the Huckleberry Mule, which is served everywhere in Idaho and Montana. Made with Huckleberry Vodka.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I'm more of a tequila guy. You can do a Mexican Mule but I get over the ginger beer after a couple.

My new go-to is Ranch Water:

Topo Chico Sparkling Water
Fresh Lime (a good amount)
Silver/blanco tequila

Lightly carbonated, limey, no fake sugar BS, can't really taste the tequila 👍

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I'm more of a tequila guy. You can do a Mexican Mule but I get over the ginger beer after a couple.

Silver/blanco tequila

This is a great drink, especially with a decent blanco. I've also been making mules with blanco tequila, but mixing ginger beer with soda to mellow it out a bit and a splash of triple sec

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I was at a restaurant in Boulder a year ago and had a Mescal Mule.

It was awesome…smoky flavor.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I love the mules but so dose the wife and that can be problematic so the hand hammered mugs are tucked away.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I learned about the Moscow Mule in 2012. My story is only worth sharing because it's a highlight in my life.
I'm in Washington DC to testify in Congress concerning a Bill I wrote HR1676. A friend came with me because he was just so stoked to be part of the historical event of participating in government.

We are sitting in a hotel bar the night before I testify taking in the experience. It felt like a movie scene with gorgeous women all around, everyone in coat and tie. Us drinking Coors Light cause we are common folks. This assumed Russian guy is at the bar making a scene in front of some gals putting on a show talking about how terrible his Moscow Mule is and how Americans can't make a decent cocktail. We've never heard of this drink, so we order a few, and damn they are tasty. Not sure what his problem is, but we like these. It took all I had to get my shit together the next morning and testify. Only when I got home did I learn the Moscow Mule was invented by two sales guys in Los Angeles. The Cock and Bull Sales guy and a copper cup manufacturer. The FN Russian guy was likely full of shit and not even Russian.

Now every time I drink a MM I think of this story and sometimes I talk with a Russian accent. As Angie said, the Huckleberry Mule is the best.

endobear

Reaction score
Wife does the Moscow Mules. I've been known to have a few. Pretty tasty.
She likes them in a tin cup, Yetti type deal. She swears they taste better that way.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Wife does the Moscow Mules. I've been known to have a few. Pretty tasty.
She likes them in a tin cup, Yetti type deal. She swears they taste better that way.
Copper's the best, tin's not bad, glass or plastic is a no.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I ordered one in a bar and it was awful.

Every other time I try and order one, they don't have the ginger beer to make one.

They don't seem to be very popular in SoCal bars.

This is good...

16560350473714686783323264474298.jpg

This homemade deal is Way better. Love the red pepper kick!

16560351222594295901675742191136.jpg

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Bunch of dag gum commies in here!

LC925

Reaction score
Kentucky mule
replace vodka with Bourbon/Whiskey
Even better
Just had that earlier today here at Campland in Mission Bay. I’m not mad at it, wife might be mother F’ing it as she’s prego and can’t drink 😆

Times Like These

Reaction score
Last month in a LA bar, wife orders a Moscow Mule. Waitress tells her the longer have Moscow Mules, she said fuck Moscow, got to call the Kiev Mules😂
Told her I’ll have a Kentucky Mule.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

Silver/blanco tequila

I make something similar except I use good tonic water. It's a go-to summer drink.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I learned about the Moscow Mule in 2012. My story is only worth sharing because it's a highlight in my life.
I'm in Washington DC to testify in Congress concerning a Bill I wrote HR1676. A friend came with me because he was just so stoked to be part of the historical event of participating in government.

We are sitting in a hotel bar the night before I testify taking in the experience. It felt like a movie scene with gorgeous women all around, everyone in coat and tie. Us drinking Coors Light cause we are common folks. This assumed Russian guy is at the bar making a scene in front of some gals putting on a show talking about how terrible his Moscow Mule is and how Americans can't make a decent cocktail. We've never heard of this drink, so we order a few, and damn they are tasty. Not sure what his problem is, but we like these. It took all I had to get my shit together the next morning and testify. Only when I got home did I learn the Moscow Mule was invented by two sales guys in Los Angeles. The Cock and Bull Sales guy and a copper cup manufacturer. The FN Russian guy was likely full of shit and not even Russian.

Now every time I drink a MM I think of this story and sometimes I talk with a Russian accent. As Angie said, the Huckleberry Mule is the best.

Did your bill get passed?

renodaytona

Reaction score
My go to is the Kentucky Mule. Ginger beer if available or Ginger ale lime juice or juice from one lime, and a rye bourbon or Evan Williams.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It passed the house as HR1676 and when it went to the Senate it was bundled into the NDAA and passed. It created the first Congressionally designated OHV recreation area. Johnson Valley California.

Wait up here...

Phantom Duck?

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
This is a go to drink for me in the summertime. If you end making them at home try this ginger beer. I find it to be the best I've ever had.
1656092453346.jpeg

Also mix it up with different flavored vodka and try an Irish mule with Jameson whiskey...

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

Silver/blanco tequila

If you can find it, I have been using 21 Seeds (Cucumber/Jalapeno) Tequila in my ranch water. Very refreshing!!

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Wait up here...

Phantom Duck?
Super Hunky, The Phantom Duck of the Desert, and a few others had an influence on me. It was with great pride that the AMA D37 and D36 membership along with CORVA, Cal4Wheel BRC, and ORBA allowed me to represent the California Motorized Recreation Council and testify on behalf of the bill I authored for Representative Cook.

Article here

Up until about 2015, I spent the majority of my time offroading starting in 1975. After being so involved in OHV recreation my whole life, I've kind of lost my passion for it.
There are some truly amazing advocates for Offroading that people never know about. It took an army of volunteers to win this fight. We created a blueprint for success that sadly is not being used today to protect OHV access. Mostly because it costs money and OHV people spend all they have on toys but don't see value in protecting the areas they ride.

Boat people I hate to say are about the same.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Super Hunky, The Phantom Duck of the Desert, and a few others had an influence on me. It was with great pride that the AMA D37 and D36 membership along with CORVA, Cal4Wheel BRC, and ORBA allowed me to represent the California Motorized Recreation Council and testify on behalf of the bill I authored for Representative Cook.

Article here

Up until about 2015, I spent the majority of my time offroading starting in 1975. After being so involved in OHV recreation my whole life, I've kind of lost my passion for it.
There are some truly amazing advocates for Offroading that people never know about. It took an army of volunteers to win this fight. We created a blueprint for success that sadly is not being used today to protect OHV access. Mostly because it costs money and OHV people spend all they have on toys but don't see value in protecting the areas they ride.

Boat people I hate to say are about the same.

Yeah, I didn't think so, but I was wondering for sure!!!

I sadly agree with what you are saying here though. Thanks for fighting the good fight. 👍🏼

Where is PD these days? I'm guessing you know him well??

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't think so, but I was wondering for sure!!!

I sadly agree with what you are saying here though. Thanks for fighting the good fight. 👍🏼

Where is PD these days? I'm guessing you know him well??
Never met him, just a legend I look up to and read about as a kid. Back when men rode motorcycles straight across the desert blindly following a jackrabbit for the fastest route to Vegas. Real Men raced Desert! Their steel balls clanging against the side of a metal tank still rings across the California Desert.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Never met him, just a legend I look up to and read about as a kid. Back when men rode motorcycles straight across the desert blindly following a jackrabbit for the fastest route to Vegas. Real Men raced Desert! Their steel balls clanging against the side of a metal tank still rings across the California Desert.

I never met him either, but talked to him a bunch (online) back in the gd.com heydays.

Thanks to guys like you off-roading is alive and well. 👍🏼