WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Most Popular Fresh Water Boating Destinations?

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
So i have been looking up other boating destinations that are out east as i have friends in other states where renting a boat may be a cool thing to do when visitings but aside from the poker runs (Tickfaw, Loto etc) I don't really know many other popular boating places.

Anyone have a few off the top of their heads?

Lake norman, lake travis, etc....

Popular Rivers?

Last edited:

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
dr-evil-mike-myers.gif

Don’t forget the Great Lakes. Some amazing boating on them as well as St Clair.

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
Upper Mississippi is a great region, Dale Hollow and Lake Cumberland in Kentucky, Old Hickory in Nashville, any of the Great Lakes. I think you need to refine your destination to narrow a search and also the type of boating you are looking for. You mentioned Lakes Norman and Travis, those lakes are a loooong way from each other, as are LOTO and Tickfaw. Lakes and rivers "out east" are numerous and diverse, I could boat a different body of water every day of the week and not leave my tri-county region all summer.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Lake Travis, TX
TableRock Lake, MO
Grand Lake, OK (except after a big rain..mudpit..and there are a lot of trees unfortunately)
Lake Chelan, WA
Lake Wenatchee, WA (we saw some really cool small wood 50-60's era ski boats there...absolutely beautiful and clear..)
Flathead Lake, MT
Wisconsin Lakes/Rivers...lots of fun, and much different than other places
Lake Lanier, GA
Mississippi River near Memphis

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I’ll add to the list. But I will expand the parameters.

The Great Loop…….. look it up. You can do just portions of the loop. It is approx 6000 miles.

Wanna have some international fun with the same fresh water parameter? You can rent canal boats in Ireland, England, France, Italy, and Holland. These boats are essentially houseboats. It looks like fun too, since it’s a great way to see off the beaten path towns and villages. Reasonably priced too!

Rent a boat in Astor Florida and I assure you, it will seem like a completely different boating world that you are used to. It’s unique.

I can probably ad to the list above, but I am heading to Taco Tuesday!

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Pend Oreille River/Lake Pend Oreille in Idaho and Flathead Lake in Montana.

Tons of wildfire smoke when we went to both lakes last summer. Even with that experience, I already want to go back.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Powell is absolutely a requirement... The Colorado River completely changes every time there is a Dam, all have there own +/-

LOTO was on my relocation list, but I don't shovel snow. Lake is gorgeous and lots of waterfront entertainment options.

Florida is absolutely boating mecca. Toss the freshwater requirement, the intercostal is salt, but protected. Can boat every day for a month straight, and not cover the same water 2x.

Most of the better destinations have a big poker run, look thru those for inspiration.