WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mountain Bikes

Meaney77

Reaction score
Everyone still riding??

I have been waking up every morning and on the trail before 7:00 if possible and usually average about 10-12 miles each day. It’s definitely getting easier but still kicks my ass and I love it!

Last weekend me and 2 buddies headed out on some trails that are in our backyard and I never knew existed, the 23 mile ride was the longest ride I have done yet and really kicked my ass!

Pretty hard to see but thats CSUCI AKA "Hotel California" in the 1st picture.

941E634F-CC24-4833-8BC3-678455E52291.jpeg
7F19D299-8F8A-49A3-B1AD-516FCD57256D.jpeg
0C32977D-9E30-409E-9B78-45BDB68F3249.png

Last edited:

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Still riding. Try for everyday but live gets in the way. Ten to twelve miles. Trying to do better than 50 a week consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Just picked this up this weekend for my 18 year old son. It's his first bike and since college is suspended until next year, I figured i'd get him one so we can spend some healthy time together. We've only went out for a short spin, but hoping to get out soon for a long ride.
Trek.jpg

golakers

Reaction score
Still riding, but had a nasty crash on my way to Black Star. Riding road until road rash heals up! Be safe all. Conditions are loose and will get worse this summer will all the traffic.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is paranoid of snakes??!!! Especially this time of year!! Another reason I head out in the morning- its not super hot and the sun i just popping up.

So far I have seen a few small snakes and 2 rattlers, the Rattle snakes freak me out!!

FCT

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is paranoid of snakes??!!! Especially this time of year!! Another reason I head out in the morning- its not super hot and the sun i just popping up.

So far I have seen a few small snakes and 2 rattlers, the Rattle snakes freak me out!!
😂I live in canyon lake so I usually ride NGT all the time but I have been riding my roadie for the most part because the snakes have been so bad. I’m scared to death of snakes and after a few close calls I think I’ll enjoy road miles for a bit 😂

DC-88

Reaction score
The other day near the end of a ride with my son a big racer shot out into my path on a grassy fire road section. I was going about 15 mph and it did a full rotation on my front wheel , bounced off the crank and my right leg, somehow clenched onto the rear wheel and went around up into the air and shot up onto my camelback/shoulder. It happened super fast but I'd already sort of processed the fact it was a harmless snake, and as I came to a quick stop it bounced onto the ground down my left side and took off. My kid was laughing so hard he almost ate shit. It was about 3' long and had some weight to it --

Fenderbender

Reaction score
I messed up my arm a few weeks ago and have been off the trails since and can't wait to get back !

NeedlesRat

Reaction score
I am looking at getting bikes for my wife and I, really debating the gravel bike vs the mountain bike. I think the gravel bike will be better for my wife as she probably won't be doing any single track, more fire roads, but I would like the option to do both without having to purchase both a mountain bike and gravel. I have a friend who is selling a Cannondale Habit 5 that was bought in January. He has asking $2,000 and has put tubeless tires, SRAM gold chain, and upgraded Race Face crankset. Is that overpriced or worth what he is asking? Always rode motorcycles, but pretty new to the offload biking scene. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

Every rattler I've come across (that I knew of) was sunbathing or moving slowly. They aren't looking for confrontation so I cruise around them. If I'm going fast and happen to notice a snake ahead I try and bunny hop them (only happened a couple of times). I did find a snake in an outhouse in Chino Hills Park earlier this year. That got my attention.

golakers

Reaction score

yes! They freak me out. I have been seeing a lot lately!!! Also prefer riding in the am!!!!

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I am looking at getting bikes for my wife and I, really debating the gravel bike vs the mountain bike. I think the gravel bike will be better for my wife as she probably won't be doing any single track, more fire roads, but I would like the option to do both without having to purchase both a mountain bike and gravel. I have a friend who is selling a Cannondale Habit 5 that was bought in January. He has asking $2,000 and has put tubeless tires, SRAM gold chain, and upgraded Race Face crankset. Is that overpriced or worth what he is asking? Always rode motorcycles, but pretty new to the offload biking scene. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I think that's a good price even for a 2019 Habit 5.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

So far I’ve crossed paths with two rattlesnakes. Lots more to come. [emoji216]
IMG_2682.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOOLSHED

Reaction score
Everyone still riding??

I have been waking up every morning and on the trail before 7:00 if possible and usually average about 10-12 miles each day. It’s definitely getting easier but still kicks my ass and I love it!

Last weekend me and 2 buddies headed out on some trails that are in our backyard and I never knew existed, the 23 mile ride was the longest ride I have done yet and really kicked my ass!

Pretty hard to see but thats CSUCI AKA "Hotel California" in the 1st picture.

View attachment 878518 View attachment 878519 View attachment 878520

How overgrown was Guad and Backbone? Did a DV loop this morning with the wife.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I rode sidewinder this morning. Perfect day today.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Just got hike from another good ride this morning. I have to admit it’s gonna be tough to get back to a normal routine once all of this Covid shit passes- it’s pretty nice to be working from and ride when I want.

Looking down at the 101 North headed towards Camarillio before the grade.
861FFE84-501A-45DA-8130-9AA6D48068D1.jpeg

Work Campus

A668ACDA-3595-4537-8FDD-FE24E1AD7A5E.jpeg

Attachments

• A6EDAC54-7DC7-48E3-8EA0-2B5E44D692A9.jpeg
    A6EDAC54-7DC7-48E3-8EA0-2B5E44D692A9.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 534668B5-A806-4BFE-A0EB-38B7C6395F24.jpeg
    534668B5-A806-4BFE-A0EB-38B7C6395F24.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 196
  • EF944154-7956-4BE2-87BA-BB9C018F6B85.jpeg
    EF944154-7956-4BE2-87BA-BB9C018F6B85.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 183
  • E7357E9B-735D-4945-B46A-A7C36B969D19.jpeg
    E7357E9B-735D-4945-B46A-A7C36B969D19.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 186

Meaney77

Reaction score
Anyone have any input or recommendations for head lights?

TOOLSHED

Reaction score
One on the bars and one on the helmet helps with depth perception and it is good to always have on to use as a back-up. Worldwide cyclery usually has some good deals. The night riders charge via usb and don't need additional batteries.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I have a Cygolite mounted on the bars. It has worked well and charges by usb

Meaney77

Reaction score
Went on a pretty descent mellow ride yesterday. Decided to leave my house and head down to the beach going through Sycamore canyon- it’s a mellow flat road- part paved part dirt but coming back up is a bitch. In fact the climb back up is called the black bitch because it’s 3/4 mile of steep climbing. Good times, I was whooped and still a bit spent today.

B1F5DA92-377F-4806-B334-769A9E61A1D3.jpeg
A95F158C-B00A-47B5-A461-17F01307AB9D.jpeg
B1CC3672-7DAD-4118-9B53-2622DB564250.jpeg

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Anybody still rollin? Too hot maybe?

I hit up El Prieto last Sunday ( 1st time) and the Fullerton Loop yesterday. Elp P was was tough for me. Decided to walk a few step down boulder spots (just in case). Anybody ride that?

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Anybody still rollin? Too hot maybe?

I hit up El Prieto last Sunday ( 1st time) and the Fullerton Loop yesterday. Elp P was was tough for me. Decided to walk a few step down boulder spots (just in case). Anybody ride that?

let me know next time you go not sure i can keep up with you though

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
let me know next time you go not sure i can keep up with you though

Keep up? Jen said you had an e-bike? Should I dust off the YZ so I can keep up? 😝

Last Wed I was riding the Claremont loop and some dude wearing a mask catches up to me (climbing) and tells me I should be wearing a mask. I tell him I will pass out wearing one of those. He proceeds to tell me how his type of "fishing mask" (whatever that is...) is very easy to breathe with and I'll be fine. I told him "but you have a motor! Can't be the same exercise I'm getting!" He sped off without further comment. 😆

You're welcome to go with me anytime. I ride before work Mondays and Wednesdays locally (Claremont Loop, Marshall Canyon, Potato) and Friday is go anywhere fun day. When It's hot I try and leave the house by 8:00 am. What are your days off? Where do you want to go?

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Keep up? Jen said you had an e-bike? Should I dust off the YZ so I can keep up? 😝

Last Wed I was riding the Claremont loop and some dude wearing a mask catches up to me (climbing) and tells me I should be wearing a mask. I tell him I will pass out wearing one of those. He proceeds to tell me how his type of "fishing mask" (whatever that is...) is very easy to breathe with and I'll be fine. I told him "but you have a motor! Can't be the same exercise I'm getting!" He sped off without further comment. 😆

You're welcome to go with me anytime. I ride before work Mondays and Wednesdays locally (Claremont Loop, Marshall Canyon, Potato) and Friday is go anywhere fun day. When It's hot I try and leave the house by 8:00 am. What are your days off? Where do you want to go?
I am off Sundays/Mondays usually try to put 100 miles a week on the road bike

brgrcru

Reaction score
Pretty much a regular on el p , ride it a few times a week . Through the year. Been trying to brake the 8 minute Barrier . I'm close but at 55 it's not going to happen . Did a 8:11 this year .
Sunset trail in Same area is also a good one . Then head to el p to finish .

Broke my wrist at end of May , riding our jump line . At hanies canyon . Was riding recklessly . Crashed super hard going off a big step down . That I have gone off 150 times . Im thankful , it was only my my wrist, as I landed on my head and shoulder . Broke my helmet in three places . Scraped my face . Strained my neck . Rode from home , wasn't wearing my full face or riding my DH bike . Had to ride 10 miles back . With tail between my legs .
Been doing lots of hikes , while I was recovering . Did Mt. Baldy three weeks ago.
Now back to riding MB , did silver mocassin up ac2 , el p , and mt pinos this past week . Still have pain in wrist, so taking it easy .
Hoping to be in better form by October .

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'm almost 50 and riding every chance I get. Anyone having issues losing weight or anything else in their life from depression to high blood pressure; cycling can change your life. I would guarantee I'm in better shape than most 25 year olds because I ride every day. Keep it up guys and gals!

Ignore all the libtards that do it. haha

Wife took took this photo of me during a run today. I hate running, but ended up doing four miles today (not because I wanted to)

IMG_20200905_110221_068.jpg

Last edited:

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I'm almost 50 and riding every chance I get. Anyone having issues losing weight or anything else in their life from depression to high blood pressure; cycling can change your life. I would guarantee I'm in better shape than most 25 year olds because I ride every day. Keep it up guys and gals!

Wife took took this photo of me during a run today. I hate running, but ended up doing four miles today (not because I wanted to)

View attachment 919464

You ever do the Norcal crits?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
You ever do the Norcal crits?

I won Folsom and quite a few more I cant remember in 35 plus and Cat 1-2 Pros but I'm not really a crit rider, more of a GC guy. I like to time trial. haha. All the weird guys like to TT haha. I will probably never race a again. I quit in 2016 but you never know.

brgrcru

Reaction score

View attachment 919464

100 % right on .
I'm in better shape now . Then I was when I was 30 .
At 55 my heart rate Is almost perfect.
Age is just a number for me . I still ride , hike ,waterski, wake board , snow ski , like I did when I was a teenager .
Not going to stop living . Until I'm forced to.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I won Folsom and quite a few more I cant remember in 35 plus and Cat 1-2 Pros but I'm not really a crit rider, more of a GC guy. I like to time trial. haha. All the weird guys like to TT haha. I will probably never race a again. I quit in 2016 but you never know.

Excellent!

Been watching these freaks. Their break and sprint power is insane 1250-1350 W . You'll enjoy it cuz, you get it.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Pretty much a regular on el p , ride it a few times a week . Through the year. Been trying to brake the 8 minute Barrier . I'm close but at 55 it's not going to happen . Did a 8:11 this year .
Sunset trail in Same area is also a good one . Then head to el p to finish .

Broke my wrist at end of May , riding our jump line . At hanies canyon . Was riding recklessly . Crashed super hard going off a big step down . That I have gone off 150 times . Im thankful , it was only my my wrist, as I landed on my head and shoulder . Broke my helmet in three places . Scraped my face . Strained my neck . Rode from home , wasn't wearing my full face or riding my DH bike . Had to ride 10 miles back . With tail between my legs .
Been doing lots of hikes , while I was recovering . Did Mt. Baldy three weeks ago.
Now back to riding MB , did silver mocassin up ac2 , el p , and mt pinos this past week . Still have pain in wrist, so taking it easy .
Hoping to be in better form by October .

Dude, you're a beast! As you can see in my vid I wasn't trying to go fast. It would take me at least 20 rides down that to start feelin it.
Did you hike Devil's back bone on Baldy?

Take it ez man! At our age we're more fragile and certainly don't heal like we used too. :)

brgrcru

Reaction score
Dude, you're a beast! As you can see in my vid I wasn't trying to go fast. It would take me at least 20 rides down that to start feelin it.
Did you hike Devil's back bone on Baldy?

Take it ez man! At our age we're more fragile and certainly don't heal like we used too. :)

On Baldy . I did the ski hut trail up and then Devils back bone ? ,through the ski area back .
Long hike about 11 miles 4 1/2 hours .
Wanting to do the califorina six pack . In the next two years . Really got into hiking . While my wrist healed .
Try to do a power Hikes 3 times a week . Then some long ones every other week.

Good to be back on MTB though . Yes , I think I will be riding a little different . When I am in full send mode .
but probably not . That's just not me. Ha ha !

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Still on it hot as it is. Doing 50+ every week. Wore out my Kenda Nevegal on the rear. Sidewalls were gone and wouldn’t hold sealant or air. Heard Kendas weren’t that good anymore so I went with a Maxxis Minion.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Still on it hot as it is. Doing 50+ every week. Wore out my Kenda Nevegal on the rear. Sidewalls were gone and wouldn’t hold sealant or air. Heard Kendas weren’t that good anymore so I went with a Maxxis Minion.

Maxxis are good tires . Nice wearing them out . Instead of losing a tire. miles from your car . Lol

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Excellent!

Been watching these freaks. Their break and sprint power is insane 1250-1350 W . You'll enjoy it cuz, you get it.

My best sprint ever was around 1200 at 160lbs or so. My best power I have ever had was 351watts for an hour at 158lbs. Good for an old fart but now I just get slower and slower.
I would love to get close to that agon just so I can be the old fast guy on group rides but I can't stay young forever :( I can however stay in the beat shape possible until I die. Racing is fun but suoer stressful and I lost interest when many Masters racers around me were getting popped for doping. Hopefully we can meet up for a ride some day!