WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mountain View, Hawaii (Fern Acres)

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about it? Looks rural and chill. Just bought 2 acres undeveloped land. Estate sale. $10k under appraisal and it turns out, I know the dude living next door. Horses OK so wife approved. Had to snatch it up. May build for a retirement property. That’s it under the rainbow.
42C84F68-C3EF-4A1E-9A53-15B6F691DE1E.jpeg
58C08921-A8F5-4CBC-96F1-CAFE84A229C3.jpeg

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about it? Looks rural and chill. Just bought 2 acres undeveloped land. Estate sale. $10k under appraisal and it turns out, I know the dude living next door. Horses OK so wife approved. Had to snatch it up. May build for a retirement property. That’s it under the rainbow. View attachment 1175835 View attachment 1175836
Was the appraised value $20k?

Taboma

Reaction score
Puna District Lava Zone 3, obviously better than 1 or 2 👍 Sure looks pretty !!!! $ 10K, why the hell not 😁

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, it's beautiful as all hell, so that's a major plus. Dealing with meth and crime? Most do that in the big city anyway. I think I could live there better than I could in a lot of places.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Puna District Lava Zone 3, obviously better than 1 or 2 👍 Sure looks pretty !!!! $ 10K, why the hell not 😁
Exactly. Can’t even be close to the drugs and crime of the IE. Besides, I’m a large tattooed punk rock dude. Most bullshit steers clear of me.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Well, it's beautiful as all hell, so that's a major plus. Dealing with meth and crime? Most do that in the big city anyway. I think I could live there better than I could in a lot of places.
My buddy lives next door. Moved from Costa Mesa 3 years ago. Says it’s totally chill, only petty theft type crimes. Few locals into ice (meth) but they pretty much keep to themselves. Small town like atmosphere where everyone knows each other. Low income, yes as is much of the islands away from the resorts. I’d roll the dice.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Not to burst your bubble but sell it. It’s cheap there for a lot of reasons, and most are not good reasons.

Do you like meth? Not joking. Lot of that and
Not to burst your bubble but sell it. It’s cheap there for a lot of reasons, and most are not good reasons.

Do you like meth? Not joking. Lot of that and crime.
I know 2 people that live in the area. Both love it. Not worried about the random tweeker. Just confronted one yesterday. He was following my kid while she was out for a run. She called. I drove over, parked, told him to get the fuck out of the neighborhood and he rode off on his bike. I am 6 foot, 260 lbs, tattooed from head to toe. People generally don’t fuck with me.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I know 2 people that live in the area. Both love it. Not worried about the random tweeker. Just confronted one yesterday. He was following my kid while she was out for a run. She called. I drove over, parked, told him to get the fuck out of the neighborhood and he rode off on his bike. I am 6 foot, 260 lbs, tattooed from head to toe. People generally don’t fuck with me.

You running an eye patch too??

😁

(Hope your eye is all better now) 👍🏼

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Respect is far more important than size in HI. The right attitude is all that matters.. The region in question got hit pretty hard by drugs etc. some good areas yes..but still something to be aware of.

Read up on water rules etc. Hilo side has some fun spots…one of my uncles raised 4 kids in volcano before moving back to Oahu.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Respect is far more important than size on HI. The right attitude is all that matters.. The region in question got hit pretty hard by drugs etc. some good areas yes..but still something to be aware of.

Read up on water rules etc. Hilo side has some fun spots…one of my uncles raised 4 kids in volcano before moving back to Oahu.
I’ll be perfect then. Everyone is a friend until you screw me. I have the utmost respect for native culture as well. Not going to be some obnoxious haole with more money than brains. Just a modest pad and a koi pond.

Yes, all catchment water there. Someone planned to build there and got a septic permit already so I’m grandfathered in.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I’ll be perfect then. Everyone is a friend until you screw me. I have the utmost respect for native culture as well. Not going to be some obnoxious haole with more money than brains. Just a modest pad and a koi pond.

Yes, all catchment water there. Someone planned to build there and got a septic permit already so I’m grandfathered in.
That septic permit is like gold 🤙

Reactions: BTR

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It is better, sort of. Legally blind in it though. Will be trying some fancy new stuff with stem cells, collagen and yes, mRNA technology. 100% success rate overseas. Not FDA approved yet for here.

Good luck mang. Long road. Hoping for the best for you. 👍🏼

DWC

Reaction score
Respect is far more important than size in HI. The right attitude is all that matters.. The region in question got hit pretty hard by drugs etc. some good areas yes..but still something to be aware of.

Very true. Coworker and his brothers live on Oahu. All 6’ 5ish, big dudes. Locals don’t care about size. It’s all about respect. Piss them off and it’s not good.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It is better, sort of. Legally blind in it though. Will be trying some fancy new stuff with stem cells, collagen and yes, mRNA technology. 100% success rate overseas. Not FDA approved yet for here.
Keep us posted on that. Some cool things they have learned and tried.

F'rs still can't grow a finger back though😩

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
I was born and raised On Oahu in Kailua. I still have family all over the island "RESPECT" and Learn the culture goes a long way that's the best advice I can give you.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20220528_165933.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20220528_165933.jpeg
    875 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8905.jpg
    IMG_8905.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8853.jpg
    IMG_8853.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 32
  • FB_IMG_1639453219229.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639453219229.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 32
  • FB_IMG_1639453142238.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639453142238.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8774.jpg
    IMG_8774.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8792(1).jpg
    IMG_8792(1).jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 30
  • dmfiq3.jpg
    dmfiq3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 33

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Born on mainland and raised for most part on Oahu in Waipahu.
Went to Punahou and Kam Schools.

Wayne is spot on. Dont expect the Island to cater to you. You respect it, its people and culture--is the only way you can live there. Dont--and just remember this--when you fight one one us--you will fight all of us.

When you say 6' and 260lbs--I thought you were referring to a Samoan chick. My Uncle's 6'6" and pressed the back of an '84 Cadillac off the ground. His 22yo son leg presses over 1200lbs. My good friend Big Al -RIP- used to take a bath in the ocean (true story) we always joked that he was responsible for high tide. His calf was probably the size of your chest. Size will scare off the tweaker, but thats it.

My Parents sold their place in Kailua-Kona up on Io' Beautiful custom home but due to lack of medical recourses on the Island--they sold. In cases like heart attach/stroke where you have that golden hour--its lost before you even get half way to a level 1 trauma center.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Born on mainland and raised for most part on Oahu in Waipahu.
Went to Punahou and Kam Schools.

Wayne is spot on. Dont expect the Island to cater to you. You respect it, its people and culture--is the only way you can live there. Dont--and just remember this--when you fight one one us--you will fight all of us.

When you say 6' and 260lbs--I thought you were referring to a Samoan chick. My Uncle's 6'6" and pressed the back of an '84 Cadillac off the ground. His 22yo son leg presses over 1200lbs. My good friend Big Al -RIP- used to take a bath in the ocean (true story) we always joked that he was responsible for high tide. His calf was probably the size of your chest. Size will scare off the tweaker, but thats it.

My Parents sold their place in Kailua-Kona up on Io' Beautiful custom home but due to lack of medical recourses on the Island--they sold. In cases like heart attach/stroke where you have that golden hour--its lost before you even get half way to a level 1 trauma center.
Trust me. Respect will be in play. I realize I am a foreigner there and the natives have first dibs on everything. I just want to live my last handful of years in a quiet place without drama.