Mouth of river/lake

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
Pic from today for the big boys running around
A5D581F4-5F09-4B21-B62D-20A775CB046D.png

Singleton

Reaction score
Looks like the sandbar east of the island (towards AZ) has been built up. Stay tight towards island coming down river, swing wide going up?

Icky

Reaction score
Looks like the sandbar east of the island (towards AZ) has been built up. Stay tight towards island coming down river, swing wide going up?
Kinda looks like there's a line to the right of that too?

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Shit. Being that I boat on the Lower- Lower river..... it looks like you can run the Queen Mary thru there. All perspective I guess.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
That's the line I'm seeing. 👍

checkrd past

Reaction score
That would nice if people followed those line,BUT everyone goin north or south are following the green line. Accidents here we come this year.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That would nice if people followed those line,BUT everyone goin north or south are following the green line. Accidents here we come this year.

The green line is wide enough for 3-4 boats. You don't have to make a 90 degree blind turn coming up or down river... you can go pretty straight and make it.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If they had not done away with speed alley then sand on the Az side would have keep moving even though it wasn't ever much more than a few feet deep.
Lots more vegetation vs sand like it use to be.

DWC

Reaction score
That sandbar between the green and yellow lines, was only 6 to 9 inches deep when I went up river Sunday for breakfast
I’ve never taken the yellow line. Is that a thing?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’ve never taken the yellow line. Is that a thing?

It is a thing, I wouldn’t bother as it is it is harder to follow the proper line. The only time I ever drug through there was on that yellow line route and it was because I had to check up because someone checked up in front of me. I had to put the drive up and idle out.

The green line is deeper. Go green and stay straighter, Make a 15 degree turn instead of a 90 degree turn. If you see someone coming up around the corner coming up river and you are going down, just stay straight. There is plenty of run off area and plenty of area to make a safe turn.

Just talking out loud here but it has been like this for 3-4 years, why is everyone up in arms about this today?

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
It is a thing, I wouldn’t bother as it is it is harder to follow the proper line. The only time I ever drug through there was on that yellow line route and it was because I had to check up because someone checked up in front of me. I had to put the drive up and idle out.

The green line is deeper. Go green and stay straighter, Make a 15 degree turn instead of a 90 degree turn. If you see someone coming up around the corner coming up river and you are going down, just stay straight. There is plenty of run off area and plenty of area to make a safe turn.

Just talking out loud here but it has been like this for 3-4 years, why is everyone up in arms about this today?
The green line is what I’ve been following since the no wake side filled up. The extra time and piece of mind worked fine for me. Green was only concerning a couple times last year. Same deal, people checking up to be careful isn’t a big deal. Kinda expect it. Like the people that love to grab neutral through the channel to check out the pasties.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The green line is what I’ve been following since the no wake side filled up. The extra time and piece of mind worked fine for me. Green was only concerning a couple times last year. Same deal, people checking up to be careful isn’t a big deal. Kinda expect it. Like the people that love to grab neutral through the channel to check out the pasties.

A Sea Tow guy guided 3 of us through the yellow line route a couple years ago after talking to him and asking which way he goes. I was looking down at the shallow water as we went through and realized we made a mistake, and this was the maritime equivalent of giving my SSN and address to the Nigerian prince that emailed me about retrieving his fortune for him.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You guys need outboards. We take the in between green and yellow line [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive seen it end in tears for a couple overzealous twin engine luxury toon captains using that strategy.

hallett21

Reaction score
Ive seen it end in tears for a couple overzealous twin engine luxury toon captains using that strategy.

21ft jack plate outboards would be more accurate lol.

We did it in a 22 DCB on Friday. That was fun [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

checkrd past

Reaction score
The green line is wide enough for 3-4 boats. You don't have to make a 90 degree blind turn coming up or down river... you can go pretty straight and make it.

3 or 4 boats? when they are doing 50 plus mph and and go by each other that seems alot more narrow.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
The yellow line doesn’t work as good as it looks. I tried it Sunday in our 22 Cougar jacked up to the top 6”. The water is murky over there and don’t think it shows on the aerial picks accurately. I also saw the sea tow guy taking that route a few days earlier, looked like he made it through.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
The yellow is the way the tow boat pull you when you’re being towed down river!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
If anyone is interested the water level is aprox. 448.5', and has been all week, should make for easy travel up river. still watch the oncoming traffic.

azsunfun

Reaction score
have not gone up river in all 2020, loosing expensive prop not worth it. wife and i took tour up and could'nt believe sandbar in center where i usually run. yellow line is route captain went and said any time of year is the path to take

azsunfun

Reaction score
yuma the real lower river, never heard of sterndrives in that country

azsunfun

Reaction score
very surprising, better know area pretty well:eek: