WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Move over brown and purple

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I don't think I would want my stuff being delivered by some random dude, but...

This could be huge for Amazon. Cutting out the middle man completely. Pretty freakin impressive. :thumbsup

thetub

Reaction score
Thats smart sorta like the Uber of delivery...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I wonder what the mileage reimbursement is?
That $20/hour could potentially barely cover the depreciation on your car LOL

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I wonder what the mileage reimbursement is?
That $20/hour could potentially barely cover the depreciation on your car LOL

It doesn't take a $70K escalade to deliver shit. Good $3000 used car will be just fine. I see this as an awesome opportunity for stay at home moms who don't work full time because they'd rather pick the kid up at school than put them in daycare.

I'm gonna try to get the wife in on this...I happen to have a geo metro sitting in the driveway that can't really depreciate and gets 45mpg.

Taboma

Reaction score
Amazon might be starting that "uber" type service around here ----- got an Amazon delivery the other day. Some rasta semi-homeless looking dude in a POS beater rolls up in the driveway, first impressions had my internal alarms going off so I initiated contact damn near before he got his door open :D Needless to say I was extremely surprised when he handed me an Amazon box instead of asking for a handout or soliciting solar :rolleyes

I'm not sure how this image is going to work out for Amazon, especially if the tweeker doing the delivery drops off the package and leaves with your new LED TV :D
They lost points with me on that one and if that's the shit that's going to be rollin in my hood making deliveries, they'll be losing my business. :thumbsdown

The other BS is their own Amazon delivery fleet rolling around here. We're on narrow privately owned roads, these muthafuckas seem to think they're running Pike's Peak. Can't call to complain because I can't find a complaint phone # on the truck or online. I was able to have a 'come to Jesus' meeting with one of their drivers the other day, so hoping that helps slow them the fuck down, at least here.

That's TWO strikes Amazon, I'm pretty sure strike Three will be when I notice the delivery guy just tossing the box out of the window like he's delivering the morning paper :D

I really like my FedEx and UPS drivers, they are great guys so Amazon has lost at least a 1/2 strike just cuz --- so really only 1/2 strike to go and Amazon will be outta there :D

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
This is designed for millenials who want to be their own boss and can't get past the 20 bucks an hour. All they see is the number. They don't see the cost of operating. UPS will spend millions trying to stop this. I think it's great but I don't agree with floating in potential grey area. IMO commercial for hire insurance is needed and a biz license should be required as well. Same with uber and lyft. Idk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I was looking over my insurance policy real closely lately, and noticed they do not cover me if I'm doing any work related driving!

I frequently use my own car when running around and picking stuff up. The shop truck is going to get a lot more use now.

Can you imagine if one of there drivers hit you, and didn't have the proper commercial coverage? No bueno. 👎

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing

Thats smart sorta like the Uber of delivery...

Our insurance is the same way. Not sure how the drivers for Uber and Lyft get away with it.

I was looking over my insurance policy real closely lately, and noticed they do not cover me if I'm doing any work related driving!

I frequently use my own car when running around and picking stuff up. The shop truck is going to get a lot more use now.

Can you imagine if one of there drivers hit you, and didn't have the proper commercial coverage? No bueno. 

72Hondo

Reaction score
Who's to say they don't do background checks? Amazon is very secretive and through with there process and business ideas/ plans.

Slap a Amazon polo or a shirt on them to signify they work for Amazon. Done deal

How's that any different than the guy who delivers your pizza?

Taboma

Reaction score
Who's to say they don't do background checks? Amazon is very secretive and through with there process and business ideas/ plans.

Slap a Amazon polo or a shirt on them to signify they work for Amazon. Done deal

How's that any different than the guy who delivers your pizza?

Cuz the pizza delivery crew are all driving Benz and Bmw, cracks me the fuck up :D

Yellowboat

Reaction score
If you could put a couple hundy in your pocket a week for just a couple hours a day, there will be plenty of people that will stand in line to do it. If you have flexible hours it might be pretty good for a college kid too.

Hell I would even do it during December if I was bored. Then again, I am not above cleaning gutters and hanging xmas lights. I hqve thrown an add on cl lic/ bonded / insured gc. Etc. Had many $500+ days. All cash. $40-100. $500 in your pocket is making $1k

Englewood

Reaction score
I knew the day would come that Amazon needed to find a way to work around the big carriers. Had a rough looking dude pull up my driveway recently at 8:30pm, turns out he was delivering a package from Amazon!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Cuz the pizza delivery crew are all driving Benz and Bmw, cracks me the fuck up :D

It's amazing (to me) how many pizza delivery signs I see on top of last-gen BMW and Audi sedans.
They were everywhere in Belmont Shore, and I still see quite a few in Lomita/Rolling Hills/Torrance where I live now.

72Hondo

Reaction score
It's amazing (to me) how many pizza delivery signs I see on top of last-gen BMW and Audi sedans.
They were everywhere in Belmont Shore, and I still see quite a few in Lomita/Rolling Hills/Torrance where I live now.

It's CA, what else would they drive?

Salvaged vehicles can be had for cheap these days.