WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Moving to Boise ID. Looking for info

Buddy

Reaction score
The last thread I found was 2 yrs old.
Any of you guys living in Boise today. What do you like about it and what do you hate?
Thanks

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
My dad moved from SoCal and lives in Eagle now. He really likes it. Everyone is very nice, no crime anywhere, utilities are very cheap. Overall cost of living is extremely cheap. He hates the cold and actually doesn’t mind the winters there.

A lot of houses with RV garages there too. He’s got a 12’ door and 35’ deep bay in his garage. A family friend is a realtor there if you want her contact info

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I have a buddy that has a BBQ restaurant up there. He absolutely loves it. Mind you he tried Texas and didn't feel at home, but Boise/Meridian was a perfect move.

I have it on my escape route too.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I have visited Boise several times. It is the cleanest big city I have ever been to. Really nice down town and lots of recreation close by. Rattle Can Lou can tell you everything, he and his family have been in the area for years.

pieyed

Reaction score
Any of you guys living in Boise today. What do you like about it and what do you hate?
Thanks
Thanks
Boise is great, but everyone heads to Havasu in the winter.

RACER J

Reaction score
Definitely gonna watch this thread, as soon as I sell my shop and house we're thinking seriously about the same area ( Nampa )

Buddy

Reaction score
Good news so far! Please keep any opinions coming. It will be my wife and 5 yr old daughter.
Anyone boat on lucky peak?

srttruck

Reaction score
Have you tried a different state? Treasure Valley is closed, perhaps Tennessee? :D You'll absolutelyfugginhateit

Sherpa

Reaction score
Leaky peak has great boating in summer.... great trout fishing in early spring. TONS of recreation... tons. McCall Idaho is beautiful. like a mini-lake tahoe. Owyhee resevior
in middle of summer on a weekend and you might be the only boat on the lake. services are very primitive. Nampa/caldwell isn't as nice as Boise, Eagle, Star, etc. That sugar
beet processor in nampa stinks. I spent 2 years in Boise area during 88-90. had a blast. all in all I've stayed in Calif for my family, and parents. My parents now being gone,
and my kids almost completely out of the house after college I'd consider it......... We do like the coast. I love to dive. however it's been continuing to get stupid here year after year.
so at some point I'm gonna call a realtor and let them put a sign in my yard and then tell the wife i'm leaving. if you wanna come great. if not, thats great too.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My buddies son went there for college. He never came back. He digs it.

Highs in the 30's and low's in the 20's right now...

Good times! :D

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Good news so far! Please keep any opinions coming. It will be my wife and 5 yr old daughter.
More rollbar boats per capita than anywhere in the country.
Don't forget about the 12000 Somalian and Syrian refugees our ex president gifted us that has defi itely impacted Boise and not in a good way. 12000 refugees on the Dole subsidized housing, vehicles, cell phones etc. So fucked for Boise. I know teachers that are having horrible issues with refugee kids in schools. News is burried. Want to buy my house in Eagle lol.

Last edited:

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
That sucks!!!

I’ll trade you my house in California and the 2+ million “refugees “ from the south for your house in beautiful Eagle and 12k refugees.

Deal...??:D

Don't forget about the 12000 Somalian and Syrian refugees our ex president gifted us that has defi itely impacted Boise and not in a good way. 12000 refugees on the Dole subsidized housing, vehicles, cell phones etc. So fucked for Boise. I know teachers that are having horrible issues with refugee kids in schools. News is burried. Want to buy my house in Eagle lol.

Boat211

Reaction score
Lucky Peak is Rattle Can Lou’s hang out.

brgrcru

Reaction score
good friend moved to Nampa probably 10 years ago .
never looked back.

Buddy

Reaction score
So how bad is this refugee situation? Definitely don't see any bad publicity of it, obviously except for the rape that is on the local headlines?

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
I don't know anything about Boise but if, (and I am), was moving to somewhere it gets really cold, I want great boating for 5 months a year. All of the other recreational outdoor activities as well, excluding snow related. I traveled the country for over 35 years professionally and decided last year to try Tennessee/Kentucky. I absolutely loved the boating and most of all the people in this area! I am relocating next week to this area all the people around the western point of KY, Kuttawa in particular are unbelievably real and down to earth.
Good Luck in whatever your decision.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
20190216_173435.jpg
This was on the news tonight...

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
My Daughter went to Boise State, Great school and Great city but man it gets cold..

Water Romper

Reaction score
Been in Boise for 1 year, moved to Idaho 2 years ago from Irvine, Ca. I live right at the base of Lucky Peak, 20 minutes to the ramp.....and yes, I have never seen more 150k wake boards in my life. Interesting place, no one goes boating until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. ..of course, it stays light until 9:30 at night. Its certainty not Havasu, no shore or sandy beach's, no "just hanging out" like in Copper Canyon....unless there is a spot I'm not aware of. And if your looking for Flattys, 20 foot jets and outboards, good luck unless your a fisherman. Its a very pretty lake and good size too. I have lots to learn about Idaho hand the boating culture....