WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mrs One-A-Day retired today / we are both full time in Havasu now

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
32 years as a labor and delivery nurse, all with one job since day one at Kaiser Hospital Anaheim. She set a goal to retire after being 5 years cancer free, almost there but mandatory covid vaccinations for health care workers in CA as of 10/1 prompted her to leave a few months early. I have been living in Havasu for the past few years and she has been commuting, 4 days on 10 days off.

Now that she is done the plan is to spend a load of time in Glamis this season and then travel all of the Havasu hot months in our motorhome.

No idea how many babies she has delivered, in the 1000's, lots of very happy moments and some terribly sad moments. I was always amazed that she could come home and sit down for dinner after being in on a fetal demise, and then take the baby and make hand and feet impressions in these round pieces of plaster of paris for the parents before handing the dead child back to them for closure. Add to that all kinds of heroic life saving things on the side of the road over the years. I am sure that will unfortunately continue but it goes with the territory and I am glad she is there for people at their darkest time.

I think she will go back to work but not nursing, she wants to work at Lowes, loves her tools and home projects :)

Not sure why I posted this, she is not on here, just proud of her and looking forward to the future and wanted to share the news.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Walt, congratulations to your wife on her retirement. I’ve been with the same company for 46 years, what a great accomplishment for what she did that was also rewarding.

Ray

fmo24

Reaction score
Congrats to your missus. Hard work and unbelievably hard sights being labor and delivery. Support her whims and live life now. We summer’d up in Michigan this year. Weather was awesome and scenery is beautiful. Go see the country during those extreme weather months in the desert.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'd have never thought of the sad times....a different dimension to that job. Nurses as a whole I hold in high regard. Spending a month in ICU myself, my Mom's lost battle with cancer, and my son's health issues, have taught me a lot about their insane abilities.

I'm glad she's retired. Both of you have a good life you've built...enjoy the hell out of it!

FishSniper

Reaction score
32 years as a labor and delivery nurse, all with one job since day one at Kaiser Hospital Anaheim. She set a goal to retire after being 5 years cancer free, almost there but mandatory covid vaccinations for health care workers in CA as of 10/1 prompted her to leave a few months early. I have been living in Havasu for the past few years and she has been commuting, 4 days on 10 days off.

Now that she is done the plan is to spend a load of time in Glamis this season and then travel all of the Havasu hot months in our motorhome.

No idea how many babies she has delivered, in the 1000's, lots of very happy moments and some terribly sad moments. I was always amazed that she could come home and sit down for dinner after being in on a fetal demise, and then take the baby and make hand and feet impressions in these round pieces of plaster of paris for the parents before handing the dead child back to them for closure. Add to that all kinds of heroic life saving things on the side of the road over the years. I am sure that will unfortunately continue but it goes with the territory and I am glad she is there for people at their darkest time.

I think she will go back to work but not nursing, she wants to work at Lowes, loves her tools and home projects :)

Not sure why I posted this, she is not on here, just proud of her and looking forward to the future and wanted to share the news.
Congrats.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
congratulations, the next chapter will be GREAT!

rsvrdogs

Reaction score
A new chapter. Congratulations to your wife. Now go and live your next chapter

X Hoser

Reaction score
Tell her Congratulation! My daughter was a L&D RN in Pomona and Riverside. Had to give it up after 15 years or so. Said the stress was just too high and the nurses did everything and then the Doctor would show up and sign the Birth Certificate! She has earned her retirement and Praying she remains cancer free!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Congrats on the retirement!! She deserves it!

RD

TCHB

Reaction score
Congratulations time for golf.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Congratulations to her and you.👍👍
Edit: apparently E28 and I copy/pasted the same sentences😄

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
If we ever have accident on the i40 i hope your wife is first on the scene. Have lost count of how many times your wife has helped people in serious trouble on many roadways. Can only imagine her efforts @ Kaiser. Thanks

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Tell her Congratulation! My daughter was a L&D RN in Pomona and Riverside. Had to give it up after 15 years or so. Said the stress was just too high and the nurses did everything and then the Doctor would show up and sign the Birth Certificate! She has earned her retirement and Praying she remains cancer free!
Yup, docs would walk in with a Starbucks and say “what did I miss”

DWC

Reaction score
Yup, docs would walk in with a Starbucks and say “what did I miss”
Congrats to her. That’s a hell of a career in high pressure medicine. Prayers to her as well. Retiring is probably the best thing for her.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If we ever have accident on the i40 i hope your wife is first on the scene. Have lost count of how many times your wife has helped people in serious trouble on many roadways. Can only imagine her efforts @ Kaiser. Thanks
The two people on fire at Glamis years ago changed us both for ever. And just last month on our annual trip to Sturgis on our bike we come around corner and there is a guy wadded up in the trees, “pull over honey”.

RichL

Reaction score
Congratulations to your wife. Retirement sounds well deserved.

rrrr

Reaction score

My sister had a 30 year career as a pediatric trauma nurse, she retired three years ago. The heart rending situations she had to deal with were awful.

Your wife has performed a wonderful service to thousands of parents, and her efforts to assuage the grief of those that lost a child is to be commended. Enjoy your life together.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
That is such great news congratulations to the both of you. I am looking forward to the day that I am able to not have to work and enjoy retirement with the wife.

jet496

Reaction score
To me nurses like that are heros! Look at all the good she's done & now she can retire, cancer free, after helping so many. Enjoy the years left.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
That’s a great story Walt. Not only should you be proud of her accomplishments so should she.

I’m glad you found someone that brings you so much happiness.

RCDave

Reaction score
Amazing career truly helping people. Please thank her for all of us. She is an angel

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
This is awesome. My wife in in L&D, Charge, Kaiser South Bay. I cant believe they can do what they do. Props to yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
Im gonna share my story of my delivery soon once, I can relive it. But it was the scariest moment of my life. This was 3 weeks ago.

All I can say is the nurses and doctors in L&D are heroes. No other word to describe!

DLC

Reaction score
Wow That is Great news!! CONGRATULATIONS! yahoooo

Thank You!!! We need more people like you and your wife!

Hell yes she needs to work in the tool department!

My wife won’t even look in that direction at Deport or Blue she had a bad experience one year while buying me a Christmas present…

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Congrats to both of you. Sounds like she has made a difference to many lives and without a doubt will continue to do so.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
Congratulations to her! We just had a baby at Anaheim Kaiser a few months back. The nurses there were top notch!

I wish you both many years of health and happiness!

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Tell her Congratulations on retirement, it is so cool to be retired and not have to get up and go somewhere/anywhere you don’t wanna go , just come and go as you please…

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Congrats Hollis family!

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Congratulations to her. Enjoy your retirement Mrs. Hollis. 👍 🥳

Jay Dub

Reaction score

thank you for sharing. Congratulations to you both.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Congrats to Mrs. One-A-Day! That’s a major accomplishment that I hope to do myself in about 6 years. Enjoy your time when every day is a Saturday 😆

badgas

Reaction score
Congrats !!!!

Behind every good man is great woman. Three plus decades of work that matters, not too many of us get to do that.

Essex3757

Reaction score

Tell Laurie congratulations, well deserved. Hope to see you guys soon, enjoy your travel time.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Congratulations to the lady, may there be many spontaneous naps in her future.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Congrats to your wife Walt, now we can start to see your road trip pics :)