WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

MTV VMA's WTH???

Cajun

Reaction score
What happened to "artists"? My wife and I here watching with the kids and we are just in awe of how awkward this is. Miley Cyrus is bizarro.

u9y4udyj.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Miley Cyrus has the same PR firm as Garth Brooks used to have before he slowed down his schedule and settled down.
Their only mission is to keep her name in the news everyday no matter what.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I refuse to watch this ridiculous shit anymore. I'm in the man cave watching the Doyer game. The wifey is inside watching the joke show. That cunt no talent Smiley is disgusting. :rolleyes:skull :D

Cajun

Reaction score
Justin Timberlake is a class act performer.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
You gonna start a college football thread soon? It's about that time of year again.:thumbsup
Lol..... don't know if I'll have time. Been super busy lately. I barely get on here. I gotta have some research before I start spouting off. The Doyers been sucking up my time. And SC does not seem very interesting this year. This year is gonna suck. I honestly think UCLA is gonna be the stronghold in the South this year as much as I hate to admit it. Doyer baseball will be my focus into October...:D

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Makes me glad we dont watch any of those award shows.

Duffster

Reaction score
Miley Cyrus has a totally nasty looking flat ass too. And what in the fuck is up with the tongue. Looks like shes on meth.

Last edited:

DrHW

Reaction score
What happened to "artists"? My wife and I here watching with the kids and we are just in awe of how awkward this is. Miley Cyrus is bizarro.

Can't be normal behavior. :(

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Wow. No class in that number. Bleh. MTV.com has it online.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score

Not worth the effort "trying to understand". MTV died 25 years ago at least.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
i dont care what she does on stage. its a performance. and as long as she sticks her tongue out and makes MILLIONS doing it, good for her. shes not hurting anyone.

tumblr_ms46mnG9Tg1qh9nffo1_5001.gif

tumblr_ms473vYswE1qh9nffo1_5001.gif

tumblr_ms46weQgzu1qh9nffo1_5001.gif

at least the song is catchy. not like that taylor swift "omg my boyfriend broke up with me because im in my mid 20's and still act like im 12..." bs.

Pelon

Reaction score
Did the unrated version of Robin Thickes' Blurred Lines win any awards?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I'd hit it. :D

i dont care what she does on stage. its a performance. and as long as she sticks her tongue out and makes MILLIONS doing it, good for her. shes not hurting anyone.

at least the song is catchy. not like that taylor swift "omg my boyfriend broke up with me because im in my mid 20's and still act like im 12..." bs.

Director...
Reaction score

Ed Sullivan would never have approved...:p

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
There used to be a time when I couldn't wait to watch the VMA's, but over that last 2yrs I haven't watched 2mins of it.

What is going on with Miley and Beiber? If you watch their interviews and performances from 5yrs ago, to what they're doing and how they're acting now? Wow. Too much too soon? Or what?????

I think that has a lot to do with it. Mylie has so much money, she feels she doesn't have to answer to anyone. Early on and the first time I really saw her was on Leno. She appeared with her Dad. Her remarks to and about him were disrespectful and it was easy to spot a spoiled brat. She's done nothing but gain arrogance and lose class as she's aged.

But as long as the public buys her crap, she'll continue. What happens when and if the fame ends could be disastrous for her as she may well self implode. She will find out the hard way, you can't buy real respect or true friends.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Miley is getting slammed on all the radio stations this morning. How can she not be watchin and listening to the critics? How can she not care? Her performance was an embarrassment. It was like watching a lap dance gone wrong. I say she on the same shit that has Amanda bynes in the cucu house.

I wanna have a go with a lil menage with Taylor Swift and selena gomez.

Cajun

Reaction score
Miley is getting slammed on all the radio stations this morning. How can she not be watchin and listening to the critics? How can she not care? Her performance was an embarrassment. It was like watching a lap dance gone wrong. I say she on the same shit that has Amanda bynes in the cucu house.

I wanna have a go with a lil menage with Taylor Swift and selena gomez.

Taylor Swift was a bit arrogant last night. But I'll admit it's the first time I've seen her act that way and I hope it's not going to become the norm for her.

Disney chews up and spits kids out of their shows like it's nothing, which it is. But, you're going to have the show stars that can't handle going from a kid to an adult successfully. The best thing Disney turned out was Sensai. ;)

Yldboyz

Reaction score

u9y4udyj.jpg

Call me :D

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about her this morning?

I'm sure that is exactly the way she wants it. :p

Tapatalk 4.0

867-5309

Reaction score
As a big Miley fan, she is keeping it real. She is giving us what we want to see! If you're talking about her today then she accomplished what she was trying to do. Good for her!

J

McRib

Reaction score
As a big Miley fan, she is keeping it real. She is giving us what we want to see! If you're talking about her today then she accomplished what she was trying to do. Good for her!

J

She's not giving me anything I want! Shes going for sexy provocative and its coming across white trashy methy dirty feet whory. She has surrounded herself with the rap twerk nation and it has ruined her image. I like her music. Just dont like who she is trying to be. :thumbsdown

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Do a search for the shot of Will Smith and family taken as they were watching Miley's "performance". It is amazing. Their son, the younger of their kids looks like he is going to cry.

She is a train wreck that just hasn't happened yet. Her Dad wanting to be her "best friend" and leaving the mean parent job to Mom was the beginning of the end. Last I heard is that she not longer speaks to him so that worked well.
Damn near every one of the "Disney" show kids since Walt died have been train wrecks.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My dog does a better job keeping her tongue in her mouth than Miley does.... Besides, I thought that one of the prerequisites to "twerk" is to actually have an ass? I thought she was just flapping some pancakes around...

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Doing whatever we want
This is our house
This is our rules
And we can't stop

all the way to the BANK. top of the charts, top of the talk this morning. she probably sold another million singles on itunes this morning just because of it.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Do a search for the shot of Will Smith and family taken as they were watching Miley's "performance". It is amazing. Their son, the younger of their kids looks like he is going to cry.

She is a train wreck that just hasn't happened yet. Her Dad wanting to be her "best friend" and leaving the mean parent job to Mom was the beginning of the end. Last I heard is that she not longer speaks to him so that worked well.
Damn near every one of the "Disney" show kids since Walt died have been train wrecks.

For extra credit, compare and contrast Justin Timberlake and Miley Cirrus. :D

oldschool

Reaction score
After watching that clusterfuck of a show for 5 minutes, I had the overwhelming urge to shove ice picks in my ears and wash my eyes out with bleach.

TrollerDave

Reaction score

Wait till you have kids.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Miley Cyrus has the same PR firm as Garth Brooks used to have before he slowed down his schedule and settled down.
Their only mission is to keep her name in the news everyday no matter what.

LOL....lOVE THAT NEW AVATAR tpc.....I would be pissed as hell if she pulled my bike over....but its funny watching it

C-2

Reaction score
All I saw over the weekend was hyped up Katy Perry commercials. Was she there, lol :p

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
She's not giving me anything I want! Shes going for sexy provocative and its coming across white trashy methy dirty feet whory. She has surrounded herself with the rap twerk nation and it has ruined her image. I like her music. Just dont like who she is trying to be. :thumbsdown

lol....

First off I think it's funny your watching the VMA's:D

Second off I think it's funny that a 40 y/o is complaining about what a 20 y/o chick is giving him...hahaha:D:yikes
:skull

I'm gonna take a wild guess but I don't think any of us are in her demographic;)

jesco

Reaction score
Wait till you have kids.

EXACTLY!!!! My 11 yr old daughter grew up watching Miley/Hannah and really wanted to see her perform. REALLY glad she was getting ready for bed when I "pre"watched this train wreck. She was mad I wouldn't let her watch it, but NO WAY. I'm all for her doing whatever it is she feels like doing, but to me, she is trying WAY to hard to shake that Hannah Montana image and looks really stupid doing it. Her PR person/agency should be fired for agreeing to that last night, bad move.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

I think she's alot smarter than people give her credit for;)

This is a girls that segwayed from being a child goody two shoes star to selling millions of records as an adult. I would say that she (her pr team) has done a pretty good job putting the good girl image behind her and keeping her relevant;):)

McRib

Reaction score
lol....

First off I think it's funny your watching the VMA's:D

Second off I think it's funny that a 40 y/o is complaining about what a 20 y/o chick is giving him...hahaha:D:yikes
:skull

I'm gonna take a wild guess but I don't think any of us are in her demographic;)

40!!!! Im not 40!! :p

McRib

Reaction score
All I saw over the weekend was hyped up Katy Perry commercials. Was she there, lol :p

She closed the show with an outdoor performance by the Brooklyn Bridge. A horribly choreographed rocky balboa eye of the tiger lip synced train wreck.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
EXACTLY!!!! My 11 yr old daughter grew up watching Miley/Hannah and really wanted to see her perform. REALLY glad she was getting ready for bed when I "pre"watched this train wreck. She was mad I wouldn't let her watch it, but NO WAY. I'm all for her doing whatever it is she feels like doing, but to me, she is trying WAY to hard to shake that Hannah Montana image and looks really stupid doing it. Her PR person/agency should be fired for agreeing to that last night, bad move.

You realize your 11 yr old will wind up seeing it somewhere anyway, right?

jesco

Reaction score
You realize your 11 yr old will wind up seeing it somewhere anyway, right?

Yep, but I wont be sitting next to her "allowing" it. All I can do is hope she starts to watch it and realizes why I didnt want her to see it....

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Glad I didn't know it was on. Haven't watched any award shows in years. I don't care what is supposedly popular, I like what I like because I like it not because others have said I should like it.;):)
Just as I still prefer Goose or Belvedere:D

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I agree she's trying way to hard to shake the Hannah Montana image but I also believe she knows exactly what she's doing. She's getting tons of press lately between her new video and this. Shock value creates a buzz and no publicity is bad publicity in that business.

And btw, nothing wrong with watching the VMA's! I hope i never become the old guy that can't appreciate new music and bitches about the new crap kids are listening to.

McRib

Reaction score
I agree she's trying way to hard to shake the Hannah Montana image but I also believe she knows exactly what she's doing. She's getting tons of press lately between her new video and this. Shock value creates a buzz and no publicity is bad publicity in that business.

And btw, nothing wrong with watching the VMA's! I hope i never become the old guy that can't appreciate new music and bitches about the new crap kids are listening to.

Im ok with the music of today. Its the as you said.... artists going crazy fast to shake their Disney/nick kids image. Madonna already did ehat shes trying to do. We dont need the freak show just some good music