WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Must see Formula 1 crash this morning

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I definitely don't hate on Lewis, his consistency and ability to get the win even when something goes outside of plan is epic. Him and Rosberg days were great as they both provide an equal measuring stick to each other. Formula 1 just sucks at times that you have no real chance unless you are in an elite car, and this hybrid generation, its really Mercedes' to lose every week. Bottas is very talented and I like him very much, but again he shows how next level Hamilton is.

I wish Verstappen was in the same level equipment of course, I think he is faster in a race than Hamilton, but Hamilton is the king of getting Pole, and putting a whole race together without mistake. That is a whole other type of talent. Watching Verstappen in the rain at Interlagos a couple years ago was a clinic on what that guy can do behind a wheel that I don't think anyone else currently can.

mbrown2

Reaction score
I definitely don't hate on Lewis, his consistency and ability to get the win even when something goes outside of plan is epic. Him and Rosberg days were great as they both provide an equal measuring stick to each other. Formula 1 just sucks at times that you have no real chance unless you are in an elite car, and this hybrid generation, its really Mercedes' to lose every week. Bottas is very talented and I like him very much, but again he shows how next level Hamilton is.

I wish Verstappen was in the same level equipment of course, I think he is faster in a race than Hamilton, but Hamilton is the king of getting Pole, and putting a whole race together without mistake. That is a whole other type of talent. Watching Verstappen in the rain at Interlagos a couple years ago was a clinic on what that guy can do behind a wheel that I don't think anyone else currently can.

I agree it seemed before the hybrid era maybe 6-8 cars were competing for the top spot...now it is 2 cars..maybe 3. Its sad that Redbull, Ferrari have not caught up and even those using Mercedes power are not even close.....I thought the 2nd year of Hybrid Ferrari improved but then Mercedes doubled down and we seem to have a widening gap at this point except for Red Bull... I also love to see the races in the rain...really separates the great drivers as it levels the playing field on power...

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
I also love to see the races in the rain...really separates the great drivers as it levels the playing field on power...

Last week's Turkish GP was the best F1 race I've seen in a long time. The rain really shows the drivers skills in a different way. Hamilton put on an demonstration while locking up his seventh championship.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
I thought the 2nd year of Hybrid Ferrari improved but then Mercedes doubled down and we seem to have a widening gap at this point except for Red Bull...

Ferrari got caught cheating in the engine department last year. My belief is, that in exchange for the FIA keeping the details confidential and minimum penalties affecting last years championship, Ferrari agreed to turn their engine down this year. This would of course effect all Ferrari powered teams this season. Just another F1 conspiracy theory to ponder. 😁

sirbob

Reaction score
Ferrari got caught cheating in the engine department last year. My belief is, that in exchange for the FIA keeping the details confidential and minimum penalties affecting last years championship, Ferrari agreed to turn their engine down this year. This would of course effect all Ferrari powered teams this season. Just another F1 conspiracy theory to ponder. 😁

Without question thats what happened to all the Ferrari teams - they had to stop using the secret oil injection to get a better burn without using more gas than the allotted amount.

sirbob

Reaction score
The first time in my life I am cheering for a Mercedes win, and I am absolutely gutted for George. Son of a bitch. At least Checo gets his victory.

With any luck Merc will promote George - I see a swap to send VB back to Williams and bring George up for next year. He certainly proved that he should have that seat!

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
With any luck Merc will promote George - I see a swap to send VB back to Williams and bring George up for next year. He certainly proved that he should have that seat!

Definitely, they are both under contract for 2021 if memory serves me correctly, but if one thing watching Formula 1 over the past 5 years especially has taught me, is those contracts don't mean anything if they don't want them too. With Merc being Williams engine supplier and technically both drivers being on loan to each other in a way, I am sure its just going to come down to Williams getting some sweetener on their engine price for the inconvenience, and probably Merc eating part of VB's contract if it is drastically different than what Williams was paying before.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
I not crying, you are. Great race yesterday.
Can't believe the boys at MBZ shit the bed so bad. Did anyone catch Toto saying, "colossal fuck up"?? LOL

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Definitely, they are both under contract for 2021 if memory serves me correctly, but if one thing watching Formula 1 over the past 5 years especially has taught me, is those contracts don't mean anything if they don't want them too. With Merc being Williams engine supplier and technically both drivers being on loan to each other in a way, I am sure its just going to come down to Williams getting some sweetener on their engine price for the inconvenience, and probably Merc eating part of VB's contract if it is drastically different than what Williams was paying before.

Lewis had a great run, how about saving 40M+ at least and not resigning him? George and VB :D

Flatsix66

Reaction score
It would have been pretty cool to see if George could have battled Checo for the win. Bottas and George need to swap for 2021. I hope Hamilton sits out the next race, I'm sure he would rather spend his time playing BLM victim someplace else until next season.

AEA

Reaction score
Lewis had a great run, how about saving 40M+ at least and not resigning him? George and VB :D

I think Merc likes the potential of Lewis winning an eighth championship in their car. Not sure if they want a driver who would be a serious threat to him.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I think Merc likes the potential of Lewis winning an eighth championship in their car. Not sure if they want a driver who would be a serious threat to him.

This is why I like Nico Rosberg as a measuring stick. Always in the running with him and got him one year straight up. Nico's talent affirms Lewis', and vice versa. It's one thing to hop in the #1 Merc with Bono and the radio and win a race, its another to hop in a Merc or another car and beat Lewis doing that. Then there is no doubt you are legit. The big question would have been could George have beaten Max if he didn't get knocked out. I think without the pit issues, I think he could have, in that car, would Checo have won with Max still running, I don't think the pink Mercedes would have.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Can't believe how Merc costs both drivers .....George had that one...That aside it was one of the most interesting races of the year. In addition, I was rooting for Sergio at times but at the same time I kind of felt he should have been penalized more greatly for his involvement on the 1st turn incident involving Max and LeClerc.

sirbob

Reaction score
Agreed on the Perez crash point - I know even Chuck said he had some fault but I thought Perez came across hard and didn’t leave any room in a spot he had to know somebody was going to be in. Heck they were 3 wide going in - I’m sure he saw Max drop back and assumed he was clear but obviously that wasn’t the case. In my mind it was a good no call - the fact that chuck gets a 3 spot grid penalty is BS in my mind.

Last edited:

mbrown2

Reaction score
In my mind it was a good no call - the fact that chuck gets a 3 spot grid penalty is BS in my mind.

Agree...think Chuck's penalty was crap...I did not see it the same way and I am not a fan of his....just think the judges are not going to take that win away so they put it on him. It did not seem like anyone touched Max...he just could not slow down in time due to the sand....

sirbob

Reaction score
Agree...think Chuck's penalty was crap...I did not see it the same way and I am not a fan of his....just think the judges are not going to take that win away so they put it on him. It did not seem like anyone touched Max...he just could not slow down in time due to the sand....

Ya Max wasn’t hit he just had no place to go and tried to go slow and wide to avoid but couldn’t stop before the wall. Bummer for him, he would have been in the mix for sure.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Ya Max wasn’t hit he just had no place to go and tried to go slow and wide to avoid but couldn’t stop before the wall. Bummer for him, he would have been in the mix for sure.
Max's deal was strange, as you can see/hear on both his onboard and the other camera angles that he actually accelerated when he hit the runoff area. I think he saw the runoff as being paved all the way to the wall and tried to start to turn and accelerate just as he hit the gravel that ironically was the same color as the asphalt in the runoff area.

Racing97

Reaction score
Great race a lot of laps short track a little sand blowing made it interesting to say the least.