WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

MWD job

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
What brand blade does your company use, just curious?

nordictom

Reaction score
What brand blade does your company use, just curious?

we have 3 CAT's (2 have the new style wobble sticks), & 2 - John Deere's. We have been moving to CAT over the past 10 years, better service, all around better machines.

NT

satellitemike

Reaction score
Thanks for the continued job postings, my son is still looking to get in with a water district, He worked for Rancho water as a temp for 6 months but didn't get picked up. He has his D2 and cert for water technologies and is still going to school for more!

Boat Potato

Reaction score
Thanks for the continued job postings, my son is still looking to get in with a water district, He worked for Rancho water as a temp for 6 months but didn't get picked up. He has his D2 and cert for water technologies and is still going to school for more!
Tell your boy we are hiring at Long Beach Water Dept. Gonna be a non career opening at the treatment plant and will be hiring full time on the distribution side soon. Having the d2 is a plus. And commercial drivers lic.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
That skill is an art. I am working with blade operators now building my pad and I love watching their skill.

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
My wife is looking to transfer to the MWD in Parker if anybody has a hookup. She has worked for Trubuco Canyon water district for the last 6 years and we're looking to move to Havasu. Any help would be appreciated

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
My wife is looking to transfer to the MWD in Parker if anybody has a hookup. She has worked for Trubuco Canyon water district for the last 6 years and we're looking to move to Havasu. Any help would be appreciated
What position does she currently hold at Trabuco Canyon? Keep an eye open for CAPs too

nordictom

Reaction score

:thumbsup

I thought there was a Operator 1 opening a few weeks ago???????????

nordictom

Reaction score

As far as I know, she would need to go through the regular hiring process, coming in from the outside. We do have internal transfers though. LONG LIST...........:grumble:

nordictom

Reaction score
That skill is an art. I am working with blade operators now building my pad and I love watching their skill.

We lost our #1 man to the Team that takes care of the Desert Region. We have a few that are good, but he was the best. I know, working as a grade checking on rough & finish sites, pretty much saw the "the good, the bad & the ugly".

foxyskier75

Reaction score
I've applied for the Admin Assistant position that closed ( or was supposed to close) on May 25. Haven't heard anything back. Any way to know if they have already filled the position?

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Where does one look to get these certs WD are looking for? Is it specific trade schools or can you get them at most community colleges?

nordictom

Reaction score
I've applied for the Admin Assistant position that closed ( or was supposed to close) on May 25. Haven't heard anything back. Any way to know if they have already filled the position?

Did you get an email response, indicating they received your app?

either way, call MWD HR & ask.

FYI, they usually get swamped with app's for the admin jobs, I have heard like 500 in the first couple hours. Then they close the opening.

Good Luck.

NT

outboardrick

Reaction score

I've applied for jobs several times, it can take a while for a response.

nordictom

Reaction score
Where does one look to get these certs WD are looking for? Is it specific trade schools or can you get them at most community colleges?

a few of the JC college's have the course you will need.

Santiago Canyon is one.

I heard San Bernardino has them, & the JC up in Santa Clarita is another one.

Not sure, but when I took my State water test, anyone could take the Grade 1 tests with no school needed. BUT! the math kills everyone, if they are not prepared. But after that, you will need to take a few courses for the Grade 2 & above.

AWWA has info on their website. CA State Regional Water Quality Board has info also.

NT

foxyskier75

Reaction score
Did you get an email response, indicating they received your app?

either way, call MWD HR & ask.

FYI, they usually get swamped with app's for the admin jobs, I have heard like 500 in the first couple hours. Then they close the opening.

Good Luck.

NT

Thanks, I did get the reply that they received the app. Guess I'll just wait.

Malibuvride07

Reaction score
Don't know where you are located, but Ventura College has a water science program too. As a former teacher there and in the field I can tell you that certs is how you get in the field. And the math is the hardest part for most people to learn.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Don't know where you are located, but Ventura College has a water science program too. As a former teacher there and in the field I can tell you that certs is how you get in the field. And the math is the hardest part for most people to learn.
Corona / Yorba Linda border. Only reason I ask is because I'm looking to eventually leave where I'm at to start what I'd call a career worth having. I was thinking of re viving the concrete pumping company I "inherited" but my I've grown accustomed to the perks and benefits a government job provides. I've been with the company for almost 10 years so and while leaving and starting new is something I'm looking forward to, its something that must happen.

nordictom

Reaction score
HR just extended the application acceptance time until Jan 30?

Truck Driver / Chlorine Facility worker

Journey Level position

check our Web Site: www.mwdh2o.com

NT

nordictom

Reaction score
Just posted up this afternoon, if interested get your application in quick....................... HR has been closing the postings early due to the amount of app's they are getting.

Carpenter, Journeyman, Tech 4

https://metrowater.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5380357&user_id=

Location: Riverside, Lake Mathews. Construction Services Unit.

www.mwdh2o.com for more info, look at Career's with MWD tab

NT

nordictom

Reaction score
New Job Opening, At MWD Lake Mathews.
Construction Services Unit

Looking for a Backhoe / Excavator Operator
www.mwdh2o.com for more info, look at Career's with MWD tab

Dalton

Reaction score
my buddy works at the parker damn for MWD......good job

johnner58

Reaction score
Has he look at Inland Empire Utilities Agency in Chino? check pout our website at ieua.org

3.Slow

Reaction score
Had no idea this thread existed, been at MWD a little over a year and couldn't be happier, I'll try and help Tom keep it updated.

zhandfull

Reaction score
MWD is difficult, I have twenty years experience as a licensed A general engineering contractor and four years recently employed with a large local municipality. No luck even getting an interview for any of the construction, operator, or inspection positions. I'll keep trying but the longer I stay where I'm at the harder it is to leave.

TCHB

Reaction score
The power industry also has some great jobs. Keep an eye on SCE web site for jobs.

nordictom

Reaction score
MWD is difficult, I have twenty years experience as a licensed A general engineering contractor and four years recently employed with a large local municipality. No luck even getting an interview for any of the construction, operator, or inspection positions. I'll keep trying but the longer I stay where I'm at the harder it is to leave.

We here that all the time, qualified people not even getting an call back. Since everything is done online, I believe that are looking for key words in the application though a software program. Recently, HR post the position to be open for 10 days. It will close in maybe 12 hours, this is to the amount of app's they get. So, if the posting closes in the middle of the night, it has to be a preset limit of app's received. Believe me, no one is working in HR at mid night. I tell everyone, READ the posting, taylor your app to the job.

3.Slow

Reaction score
Haha, worked at the prison before MWD, but I was still a maintenance tech over there.

Bigmutha

Reaction score
It took me almost 3 years of applying for various jobs to get in. I have been there almost 11 years now, it's a good place to work.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Shoot, im still trying to get into working water. Currently have my T-2 if anybody has a operator in training job.

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
Shoot, im still trying to get into working water. Currently have my T-2 if anybody has a operator in training job.
If you can afford it, apply for one of those jobs at MWD Parker Dam. Those guys can make a killing as journeyman pump mechanics, etc...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Hmmm... excavator operator job at Lake Mathews, 70K/year with 4 day work weeks. I mentioned it to the wife...a 8 week heavy equipment training course is $9K. She likes the idea.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
These six are "recurrent positions", no guarantee of hours, facilities maintenance type of stuff.

nordictom

Reaction score
Hmmm... excavator operator job at Lake Mathews, 70K/year with 4 day work weeks. I mentioned it to the wife...a 8 week heavy equipment training course is $9K. She likes the idea.

Journey level posting. You need to have a minimum of 6 years verifiable experience, CDL with all endorsements.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I want the job at Parker damn. But I am a washed up milkman. Think I got a chance [emoji106] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Journey level posting. You need to have a minimum of 6 years verifiable experience, CDL with all endorsements.
What if she can back a trailer down a ramp better than the boss...does that count as "or equivilent"?