WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

MWD job

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Did you get an email response, indicating they received your app?

either way, call MWD HR & ask.

FYI, they usually get swamped with app's for the admin jobs, I have heard like 500 in the first couple hours. Then they close the opening.

Good Luck.

NT

Just got invited to interview for O&M Tech IV. I applied at the beginning of December. Yeah, it takes a while. :D

3.Slow

Reaction score
Instrumentation and Controls Tech III position at La Verne just posted

3.Slow

Reaction score
Instrumentation and Controls Tech I position at the Mills Treatment plant in Riverside

nordictom

Reaction score
Here's a good one for the Electricians..................

Journey Level Electrician at the Diemer Plant, in Yorba Linda....................pure gravy job.

Good luck to all that apply, NT

TrollerDave

Reaction score
How did it go with the HVAC testing????

NT
Thanks for asking.

Went alright. Didn't get it, which is OK. My job is similar, just have to drive to LAX.
Nerves hit me during the practical. Had a hard time focusing, but figured out the problem.
Looking back it was a lot easier than I made it out to be. :confused:

nordictom

Reaction score
Thanks for asking.

Went alright. Didn't get it, which is OK. My job is similar, just have to drive to LAX.
Nerves hit me during the practical. Had a hard time focusing, but figured out the problem.
Looking back it was a lot easier than I made it out to be. :confused:

Bummer............

Just keep trying, now that you know the program, the next go around you shouldn't be nervous.

NT

Last edited:

nordictom

Reaction score
Just posted..............................

Backhoe / Excavator operator, Tech 3 job position. Located at Lake Mathews in Riverside, CA

NO FISHING ALLOWED, :mad:

nordictom

Reaction score
Nope, I can't say it...……….might get busted for age discrimination:mad:

MWD Apprenticeship is opening on July 23 at 0630. be ready to put in a app. asap. It fills up fast, like in 15 minutes.

http://www.mwdh2o.com/careers/Apprenticeships/Pages/default.aspx

NT

I should have mentioned, all of the positions are at the Desert Facilities, e.g. Gene, Iron Mtn, Eagle Mtn, & Hinds.

Last edited:

Hdgasser

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to get the hell out of Cali... I just cant take that kinda hit on the income.

Good luck to those that apply!!

I'll keep looking. :(

nordictom

Reaction score
Lagging behind.................
5 postings last week, Property Maintenance Tech's, 1 @ DVL, 1 @ Hinds & Eagle Pump plants, 1 @ Gene Camp. Also, Property Maint. Team Manager based at Union Station LA.

NT

JustGetIt

Reaction score
Nope, I can't say it...……….might get busted for age discrimination:mad:

MWD Apprenticeship is opening on July 23 at 0630. be ready to put in a app. asap. It fills up fast, like in 15 minutes.

http://www.mwdh2o.com/careers/Apprenticeships/Pages/default.aspx

NT

I should have mentioned, all of the positions are at the Desert Facilities, e.g. Gene, Iron Mtn, Eagle Mtn, & Hinds.

Thanks for the heads up on this one, buttered up my resume and submitted it at 6:31 this morning. Been looking for a career change and something water/hands-on is right up my alley.

Now it's a waiting game and crossing my fingers I'm one of the chosen few...

nordictom

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this one, buttered up my resume and submitted it at 6:31 this morning. Been looking for a career change and something water/hands-on is right up my alley.

Now it's a waiting game and crossing my fingers I'm one of the chosen few...

That's all you can do, wait & see.

Good Luck. NT

nordictom

Reaction score
Just posted

Water Treatment Plant Operator 1, Granada Hills, CA (Jensen Water Plant). BTW, it the one you can see at the 5 -14 -210 freeways.

NT

nordictom

Reaction score
Couple of postings today:
GIS Mapping Tech (La Verne)
Fleet Mechanic (Yorba Linda)
IT Software Developer (Los Angles)

www.mwdh2o.com

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Just posted..............................

Backhoe / Excavator operator, Tech 3 job position. Located at Lake Mathews in Riverside, CA

NO FISHING ALLOWED, [emoji35]

I got invited to the interview/ practical test portion of the hiring process. I'm pretty pumped. The written test was harder then expected, but I felt good about it.
Is there any pointers you can share with me?
@nordictom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nordictom

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response,

out of town...….. not really, if you know what is expected of you, ( job posting info) and know what to do on the machine you will be fine.

sorry, won't be back until next Friday.

Good Luck,

NT

3.Slow

Reaction score
Jensen Treatment Plant in Granada Hills is hiring 3 Journey Level Electricians.

nordictom

Reaction score
Electrician for the Desert Region (Earp, CA) posting is up.

nordictom

Reaction score
2 jobs just posted..............

Weymouth Plant, La Verne, Journey Level Mechanical, it is inside only, but if no one applies, it will go to the outside

Jensen Plant, Granada Hills, Journey Level Mechanical, open to all applicants

Good Luck....

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Thank you for keeping us updated.

I was looking at the postings and noticed you guys use Maximo for managing maintenance. Do you have to deal with it? If so how’s it going? We have it where I’m at and it’s an adjustment to say the least.

Hdgasser

Reaction score

I was looking at the postings and noticed you guys use Maximo for managing maintenance. Do you have to deal with it? If so how’s it going? We have it where I’m at and it’s an adjustment to say the least.

Maximo was easy compared to learning SAP...

nordictom

Reaction score

I deal with it a little, mostly turning the work orders on & off. SO staff doesn't charge to a job, when they are not supposed too. There are 8 Planner / Schedulers that generate the WO's and there is 6 support staff. P/S er's work a specific area or department(s). That way they can stay on top of all the PM, CM, etc.

NT

nordictom

Reaction score
Been slacking...…………

Posted last Thursday, but still open for another few days!

Tech 3, Backhoe / excavator operator at Lake Mathews, CA

nordictom

Reaction score
Just posted on Thursday, Tech 3, Motorgrader operator. Based at Lake Mathews in Riverside.

There are other open spots.........................

nordictom

Reaction score
A few more jobs posted up on the MWD web site.................

in LA, Union Station HQ:
Accountant
Assistant Engineer (Mechanical)
Engineer (Project Management)

O&M Tech 4, Mechanical at the Jensen Plant (Granada Hills)

NT

TCHB

Reaction score
Here's a good one for the Electricians..................

Journey Level Electrician at the Diemer Plant, in Yorba Linda....................pure gravy job.

Good luck to all that apply, NT
If you no what you are doing. The strong electrical guys at SCE are very good trouble shooters.

Hammer

Reaction score
A few more jobs posted up on the MWD web site.................

in LA, Union Station HQ:
Accountant
Assistant Engineer (Mechanical)
Engineer (Project Management)

O&M Tech 4, Mechanical at the Jensen Plant (Granada Hills)

NT

What are the qualifications for project management?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaterMike

Reaction score
I work in the desert section of MWD if any one has specific questions. Lots of work force turnover coming in the next year.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Curious if u guys get many people crossing over from other utilities??

TCHB

Reaction score
We had almost zero people crossing over. Seniority played a big role for the worker guys. Executives stayed in place and promoted up or to other areas of the utility.

WaterMike

Reaction score

Most journey level guys come from other agencies. Desert specifically gets a lot of guys from UniSource (lineman), Needles PG&E (SCADA techs), CAP(mechanics & electricians), and SCE (lineman). Our apprenticeship program back fills a lot of jobs, but we just don't get the diversity of experience that outside guys bring in.

nordictom

Reaction score

Just my 2 cents on cross over's from other utilities……………. It's not supposed to be this way, but looking to get hired at MWD, you need to distinguish the Desert Region from the rest of MWD. As hard as upper management try's, they are 2 different animals. I can only speak for the "in town" crossovers; if they come from a City or other agency, they pretty much come in on a pay scale that is above their boss at their last job. So for them, it a plus. A lot of the Electrical & Mechanical jobs get filled out of the apprenticeship program. Me, personally have heard from Managers that they want outside people, to bring in the varied experience. Something the apprenticeship program at MWD doesn't give their people. But, when a worker from Union hall is killing it money wise, why would he want to leave & come to MWD & put up with all of the Public Agency BS.
I can go on forever on the way MWD hires...……………...I'll leave that for another post.

NT

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Great explanation. Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Speaking from LA city experience.
Just my 2 cents on cross over's from other utilities……………. It's not supposed to be this way, but looking to get hired at MWD, you need to distinguish the Desert Region from the rest of MWD. As hard as upper management try's, they are 2 different animals. I can only speak for the "in town" crossovers; if they come from a City or other agency, they pretty much come in on a pay scale that is above their boss at their last job. So for them, it a plus. A lot of the Electrical & Mechanical jobs get filled out of the apprenticeship program. Me, personally have heard from Managers that they want outside people, to bring in the varied experience. Something the apprenticeship program at MWD doesn't give their people. But, when a worker from Union hall is killing it money wise, why would he want to leave & come to MWD & put up with all of the Public Agency BS.
I can go on forever on the way MWD hires...……………...I'll leave that for another post.

NT

3.Slow

Reaction score

NT
I agree, the apprenticeship program is a great opportunity for those with no experience to get in to the industry, but they seem to lean on it quiet a bit which reduces the real world experience of the team. When I got hired 3 years ago, they hired 3 mechanics from the outside and that was the first time in 10 years they hired from the outside vs. filling positions via apprenticeship.

nordictom

Reaction score
Been busy...........
Journey Electrician job just posted for the Mills Treatment Plant in Riverside.

johnner58

Reaction score
Thanks for the continued job postings, my son is still looking to get in with a water district, He worked for Rancho water as a temp for 6 months but didn't get picked up. He has his D2 and cert for water technologies and is still going to school for more!
Have your son check out Inland Empire Utilities Agency, I just retired from there after 12 years, great place to work. ieua.org

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Have your son check out Inland Empire Utilities Agency, I just retired from there after 12 years, great place to work. ieua.org
Is the A/C mechanic going to retire anytime soon?😁
Ive looked into here as well. It’s just down the street from me.

satellitemike

Reaction score
He got picked up by Lake Elsinore water district and has been there almost 4 years now and is loving it!

nordictom

Reaction score
Few more Jobs posted up............
* Planner / Scheduler 1 at Winchester & 1 at Yorba Linda
* Team Manager 5, Water Treatment Plant, Mills Plant in Riverside.