WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My $.02 on wake boats / Lake Powell

oldschool

Reaction score
Not saying it’s an excuse but displacement hulls need more speed to maneuver. That’s usually why they speed in the no wake or 5 mph zones.

Most those pigs are displacement hulls to help put up killer wakes or surf.
In addition they have very little if any control backing up and that’s even another fuck story.
Backing up is tougher because they are v drives, back and to the right.

Reactions: TPC

oldschool

Reaction score
So do you own a roll bar boat and was offended by my intentionally offensive comment?
Yes I do, but you didn’t offend me. You mentioned, in another thread, you’d be at Topock last week. I had a tow rope handy, but never saw you.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Yes I do, but you didn’t offend me. You mentioned, in another thread, you’d be at Topock last week. I had a tow rope handy, but never saw you.

Sounds pretty butt hurt to me. So tell me a story. Do you just plow around the lake with full tanks and no surfers? What color is your favorite flat bill hat and how does your lifted Nissan Titan tow that hunk?

oldschool

Reaction score
Sounds pretty butt hurt to me. So tell me a story. Do you just plow around the lake with full tanks and no surfers? What color is your favorite flat bill hat and how does your lifted Nissan Titan tow that hunk?
How so BM? I’ll fill the ballast tanks when we surf, will partially fill tanks to clean up the wake when wakesurfing and no ballast when skiing. We mostly water ski. We don’t plow along with full tanks. Not a fan of flat bill hats and I drive a F150, which tows the boat quite well.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
How so BM? I’ll fill the ballast tanks when we surf, will partially fill tanks to clean up the wake when wakesurfing and no ballast when skiing. We mostly water ski. We don’t plow along with full tanks. Not a fan of flat bill hats and I drive a F150, which tows the boat quite well.

F-150? Dude, those trucks tow so much I heard you could tow with ballast tanks full! 👍 Winning!