WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My 10/22 build.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
In case your wondering what a 10/22 is, its a .22 caliber rifle made by Ruger. These things have more aftermarket parts than a Rhino. Froggystyle built one a while back and now I got the itch for a new firearm. I bought the gun yesterday so I've got another 9 days till I pick it up. Today I ordered all the cool shit I'm gonna put on it. New stock, barrel, etc. I'll try and take pics of all the steps of building it and even the first shooting session. Heres a pic of what the gun looks like right now. It won't look anything like this when I'm done. :D:D

Build with pics is on pages 20-21.
________
Mazda f3a transmission

Attachments

• 278L.jpg
    278L.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
In case your wondering what a 10/22 is, its a .22 caliber rifle made by Ruger. These things have more aftermarket parts than a Rhino. Froggystyle built one a while back and now I got the itch for a new firearm. I bought the gun yesterday so I've got another 9 days till I pick it up. Today I ordered all the cool shit I'm gonna put on it. New stock, barrel, etc. I'll try and take pics of all the steps of building it and even the first shooting session. Heres a pic of what the gun looks like right now. It won't look anything like this when I'm done. :D:D

Whats teh base price of that ruger?:hmm

Ca Sean

Reaction score
Only 7 more days till I can pick mine up. Already ordered a scope. Stock and barrel to follow.

109L.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Only 7 more days till I can pick mine up. Already ordered a scope. Stock and barrel to follow.

109L.jpg

Is that how it looks now or what you want it to look like?

Where did you get it and how much?:hotdevil

Ca Sean

Reaction score
Which scope did you get Sean? I went a little overboard but I think it will be nice. :rolleyes::smackhead:D:D

I went with that same Simmons scope you have on your 597. I got it new off ebay for $34 plus $10 for shipping.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I went with that same Simmons scope you have on your 597. I got it new off ebay for $34 plus $10 for shipping.

Retail price on the one you got isn't bad. What is the accuracy diff between that 18.5" barrell and the one dave is talking about?

I think that one with a scope would be fun without going bannanas.

Ca Sean

Reaction score
Is that how it looks now or what you want it to look like?

Where did you get it and how much?:hotdevil

That's exactly how it's going to look. I'm going to do a black stock with all stainless. Dave's 10/22 and mine won't look a thing alike when we are finished :D

I paid $296 OTD at Big 5. It was on sale for $249 last week.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Thats a good little scope. I've had a lot of good luck with it. You may want to change some of the trigger parts to help lighten the pull on it and make sure to add a Buffer. The buffer reduces the shock when the slide comes back after each shot and helps to keep your scope zeroed.
________

Last edited:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
That's exactly how it's going to look. I'm going to do a black stock with all stainless. Dave's 10/22 and mine won't look a thing alike when we are finished :D

Mine will look very similar to this. Minus the thumbhole stock and suppressor on the end of the barrel. And my barrel is fluted.
________
CHEVROLET VEGA

Attachments

• ruger 3.jpg
    ruger 3.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

nice....next time you find a good deal let me know;)

Should have ordered 2 scopes..lol:beer

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Last edited:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
sweet...squirrell sniper rifle:skull:beer

Sad thing is, this gun will still kick its ass and its all factory stock except for a little trigger work. Its just the .22 ammo is about 1/8th the price.
________
Srt-4

Attachments

• shooting pictures 030 (Medium).jpg
    shooting pictures 030 (Medium).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

I would love to go all crazy on the laminated stock and custom barrells but I just want a cool good looking gun that won't cost me an arm and a leg. What kind of costs are involved doing trigger work to the gun sean is getting?

Are you getting the stand that is in the picture?

Ca Sean

Reaction score
What are you going with? I orderd a 16" GM heavy fluted barrel that has some chambering work and some other fancy stuff done to it. And I got ahold of a used factory laminated stock that I'm gonna use. I was gonna go with the Hogue black stock but I just love laminated stocks.

As of right now I'm going to do a black Hogue OM stock, and a GM fluted stainless 20x920 barrel.

22010L.jpg

901523-18T-L.jpg

Of course this could all change. I'm going to shoot it first before deciding.

Let me know what trigger mods you decided on.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Sad thing is, this gun will still kick its ass and its all factory stock except for a little trigger work. Its just the .22 ammo is about 1/8th the price.

That gun was alot of fun. I would have liked to lay down and shoot it with a little more support to really see how accurate it is.:beer

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I would love to go all crazy on the laminated stock and custom barrells but I just want a cool good looking gun that won't cost me an arm and a leg. What kind of costs are involved doing trigger work to the gun sean is getting?

Are you getting the stand that is in the picture?

I have a couple of those bipods already. Trigger work can cost you $20 or $200. Just depends what you want to do. I went the in between route. For $50 or $60 I could set you up with parts to make the trigger pretty sweet.
________
(AUTOMOBILE)

Last edited:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
That gun was alot of fun. I would have liked to lay down and shoot it with a little more support to really see how accurate it is.:beer

From a bench rest at 100 yards i can shoot 1/4" groups with that gun. It is unbelievable.
________
BMW S1000RR

Last edited:

Ca Sean

Reaction score
I have a couple of those bipods already. Trigger work can cost you $20 or $200. Just depends what you want to do. I went the in between route. For $50 or $60 I could set you up with parts to make the trigger pretty sweet.

What trigger parts did you end up going with? I want to do this before a new stock and barrel.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
As of right now I'm going to do a black Hogue OM stock, and a GM fluted stainless 20x920 barrel.

22010L.jpg

901523-18T-L.jpg

Of course this could all change. I'm going to shoot it first before deciding.

Let me know what trigger mods you decided on.

Thats a nice setup. Keep your eye open for one of those barrels. Green Mountain is backed up on orders and they're hard to get right now.
________
Mercedes-Benz U.S. International

Last edited:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Cool. I'll check it out.

Is this something I can install myself, or will I need to take it to a gun smith?

You definitely can do it your self. It should come with instructions. Or I could walk you through it. Its one of those take your time and pay attention things. I've taken apart a few of my guns and modded the triggers. Those rimfire forums are a huge help also.
________
Marriage advice

Last edited:

Ca Sean

Reaction score
nice....next time you find a good deal let me know;)

Should have ordered 2 scopes..lol:beer

Time to step up and get one :D :hmm

Just watch the weekly Big 5 and Turners ads. Dave paid the same as the Big 5 sale price.

Ca Sean

Reaction score
Ya but I figured I was gonna trash all of it anyways so no need for me to get the stainless one. Turners has the stock blued barrel one for the same price as Big5's sale price.

Just like he said. You'll end up trashing most of that stuff. I paid the additional $30 so I could retain the stainless receiver. It's kind of ridiculous when you start thinking about it :rolleyes:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Just like he said. You'll end up trashing most of that stuff. I paid the additional $30 so I could retain the stainless receiver. It's kind of ridiculous when you start thinking about it :rolleyes:

Exactly. If you wanna go the all stainless look then you have no choice but to buy what you got. My shits going all black. Well except the stock. :D
________
F-550

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Ya but I figured I was gonna trash all of it anyways so no need for me to get the stainless one. Turners has the stock blued barrel one for the same price as Big5's sale price.

Damm...there is alot of bling for these things!!!

Maybe I shouldn't get caught up in the newest trendy yuppy fad;):skull

*** what is a blued barrel? Is it a special coating to help accuracy or cooling?

Ca Sean

Reaction score

*** what is a blued barrel? Is it a special coating to help accuracy or cooling?

Damn! When did these become a yuppy trend? ;)

The aftermarket parts for these is limitless. You should really walk away from this thread now :D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Damn! When did these become a yuppy trend? ;)

The aftermarket parts for these is limitless. You should really walk away from this thread now :D

I could buy a cherokee for cheaper than the gun Dave wants to build...lol;):D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Sure you are :rolleyes: I wonder how well that 4dr does on trails. It's pretty long....for a Jeep.

probably be slow as molases just like yours.....my neck still hurts from turning around too see where you guys were;):D:skull

Ca Sean

Reaction score
probably be slow as molases just like yours.....my neck still hurts from turning around too see where you guys were;):D:skull

Keep it up buddy and you'll be wishing you had a rear bumper on that rhino :skull

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Keep it up buddy and you'll be wishing you had a rear bumper on that rhino :skull

you gonna crash into it while it's parked at home in the garage?:point:skull

No way your cathing it on the trail:p

Ca Sean

Reaction score
you gonna crash into it while it's parked at home in the garage?:point:skull

No way your cathing it on the trail:p

You never know when you'll end up on a rock, while driving through a wash :D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
You never know when you'll end up on a rock, while driving through a wash :D

lol...my thumb still hurts;)

I will have jen watching my back with one of these:skull

[video=youtube;udqDe_QfOF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udqDe_QfOF0&feature=related[/video]

Ca Sean

Reaction score
Who says I didn't go to Big 5 at lunch?:skull

Can't take all that extra $$$ with me;)

Now you're sounding like me :skull

If I wasn't so busy with work, I'd be searching the Internet for parts :D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Thats what the black looking barrels are called. ;):skull:skull
________
Rolling A Joint

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Question.....

http://www.walmart.com/search/browse-ng.do?ic=12_0&ref=125872.257832+500500.4294044508

So would someone that is not gonna get super crazy with modifications be better off buying the $366.00 gun and adding a site?

What all is different besides stock and barrel?

How much more accurate do you think the taget gun with the 20" barrel will be compared to the entry level guns?

How much worse will it be than the ones you 2 are building?