WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My biggest pet peeves

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
People driving slow in fast lane.

Driver's texting or on the phone while at a red light and the light turns green and they have no clue. It's especially bad in the left hand turn lane and you miss the light because of these Jack Wads.

My #1. People throwing trash out of their car's. I see people all the time open their car doors and dump all of their fast food trash on the ground, while there is a trash can 20 feet away. For better or worse, I confront all of them and make them pick up their trash and throw it away. I saw a guy throw a water bottle out of his window onto someone's front lawn and I cut him off and made him go back and pick it up. He tried to deny it and got really embarrassed, but fuck him. Little by little SoCal is turning into a third world country.

poncho

Reaction score
This has been one of mine lately. A certain race of female seems like anytime they are on their phone they have it on speaker so the whole damn store can hear their conversation. I'm now fluent in ebonics though.
I see people do this all the time in stores, I stop what I'm doing and give what the fuck is wrong with you hard stare, most know where I'm headed when they see me shaking my head in disgust.
I throw that up on our community FB page every chance I get, had one Lady say you have spoken your mind about this multiple times and I replied I'll keep doing it hoping I reach the low class clowns that didn't see it the last time.
In my town it's mostly white trash doing it.

Taboma

Reaction score
Not a pet peeve necessarily, but since the previous threads have already covered mine, no sense being redundant.

A pattern I can predict with regularity is ----- That driver that while waiting for the signal to change, thinks they're clairvoyant, and keeps creeping forward with apparent anxiety --- as if they're trying to time the change to get the best reaction time (More on this later). After doing this three or four times and half way or more across the crosswalk, the signal finally changes and now they sit there having apparently given up and entered a catatonic state, or decided out of boredom to start texting. :mad:

OK, now to the " More on this later" ---- Even if I'm first on the line, I no longer launch like I'm vying for the Wally, I don't tally, but I'm going to take a good look in both directions before hammer down, because I'm seeing way to many asshole blowing reds, not yellows, but blazing red lights, with their pedal to the metal.

84miller

Reaction score
People thinking their phone conversation or text is more important than my time. Once in line at grocery store, woman being rung up...gets a call...walks away to take the call...leaves the cashier waiting along with me (next in line). Don't get me started with all the people who text at red lights they delay moving on the green...I have even missed the green with the idiot texting in front of me. One day I will go off and it will not be good. I stopped attending family get togethers...who wants to sit at a table and watch relatives sit with their faces in their phones.

petie6464

Reaction score
Internet Know It Alls.

Always spouting their second hand knowledge as fact, trying to impress people that could care less.

petie6464

Reaction score
Harley riders that drive on coming hugging the center line, always seem to drift the rig to the left when I see these clowns coming, biker verse semi I always win!

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
This has been one of mine lately. A certain race of female seems like anytime they are on their phone they have it on speaker so the whole damn store can hear their conversation. I'm now fluent in ebonics though.
As a trucker, I hear idiots on speaker phone sitting on the shitter. Now why the fuck would you do that. I won't even answer the phone sitting on the shitter at home. If im already on the phone I tell them I'll call back after dropping of obama.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

fmo24

Reaction score
Heading into Columbus Ohio this afternoon the announcement board had this message:
use our beautiful Ohio campgrounds not the left lane

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Harley riders that drive on coming hugging the center line, always seem to drift the rig to the left when I see these clowns coming, biker verse semi I always win!

You do realize that they are riding the track in the road to avoid the oil slicks left by cars in the middle of the lane, right?? The left track generally had less potholes than the right track. They're not doing it to be assholes but apparently you are

clarence

Reaction score
Internet Know It Alls.

Always spouting their second hand knowledge as fact, trying to impress people that could care less.

Visibility. In traffic, hugging the left side of the lane ("position 1") gives us the ability to see beyond the vehicle in front of us and in many cases all the way down the road for 15-20 seconds' worth of riding. This allows us to be aware of what's going on ahead and gives us the ability to plan for the next reason below.

Escape path. Bikes don't stop as quickly as cars do. But because of the maneuverability of a bike, sometimes swerving is a better option than hard braking anyhow. By riding on the left side of the lane we can avoid problems in many case by simply moving to the right side of the next lane over, even if it means crossing a yellow line - we don't need a lot of room to avoid obstacles.

Debris. Cars leak oil and other slippery stuff and that's why we stay off the center of a lane. Gravel and roadkill and various other things we don't want to ride over, generally are found on the right side of the road. So by sticking to the left we're less likely to encounter road debris.

Road Ownership. Riding on the right side is an invitation for an aggressive driver to pass us or just drive alongside us. When we're on the road we're a vehicle with all appropriate privileges therein; one of those privileges is that - just like a car - we own the entire width of the lane we occupy. It's easier to get that point across to an aggressive driver by being in the left side of the lane than in the right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/iwrsdw

petie6464

Reaction score
You do realize that they are riding the track in the road to avoid the oil slicks left by cars in the middle of the lane, right?? The left track generally had less potholes than the right track. They're not doing it to be assholes but apparently you are

Yeah, I I've been riding bikes since 1968 I assure you I've never ridden a two wheeled air compressor, I also am smart enough to know that when riding and coming head on to a semi I move the hell over.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
After driving around this beautiful country several times it’s stupid fucks and merging on highways. I’m driving 60 thousand pounds and they are in a Fuckin Prius Doing the same speed as me. Then you see them slam on their brakes instead of accelerating like a sensical driver would do.
Florida is the worst for people just pulling out in front of you. Hard to miss a motorhome barreling down the street but that does not stop these morons from just pulling out. Smh

And yet they hate truckers but love Amazon lol

FCT

Reaction score
Lazy ass people that can’t return a shopping cart! Well just lazy ass people in general drive me absolutely nuts.

DC-88

Reaction score
Went to the river this weekend and dealt with much mentioned here. Friday when we left I put a nice but 15 year old Andersen window we ripped out of our own house that morning leaning out front with blue tape that said "free or leave some Modelo's". Wife rolled her eyes and even put it in group text with the adult kids saying how lame it was. Came home last night late, window gone, 12 pack of Modelo bottles tucked up in the driveway which had obviously been there a couple foggy nights by what the cardboard felt like. Someone actually went and bought beer, and then nobody stole it off the driveway all holiday weekend- faith in humanity temporarily restored for the moment ;)

samsah33

Reaction score
My dashboard is not your footrest.
Don't close the damn vents, just redirect them up.

In the right lane, at the corner, if you have stop for a red light stay to the fucking left side of the lane so the rest of us can
get past you to turn right. I have put my passenger side tires up the curb a few times to get around dipshits who stop in the middle of the lane.

The opposite of that annoys the piss out of me as well when they stay towards the left side of the right lane to make a right turn and don't move all the way to the right shoulder or the bike lane (with a dotted white line...) to make the right turn... :mad: :mad:

Then there's my wife - we've been in the same house for 10+ years and have a 5 gang light switch, and I ask her to turn on a specific light and she cycles through all the switches until she finds the switch that controls the light I asked her to turn on... Did I mention 10+ years in the same house...?

Just Ducky

Reaction score
People who litter, people who block the aisles at the store, and assholes who let their kids run wild in public.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
1622148_10152568133396959_545974736_n.jpg

OkHallett270

Reaction score
How bout the people that turn on their emergency flashers and sit in the crosswalk areas or halfway onto the front sidewalk to wait for their other half to finish shopping at Wal mart or Home Depot or Lowe’s or any other big store. Why not just park the car and go back around to pick them up when they come out and not block or hold up traffic for folks trying to get through to go to an actual parking spot?!

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
How bout the people that turn on their emergency flashers
I shit you not..... like mist of rain. Guy driving car with window half down, flashers going and driving on the slower side.... As I was getting close the next signal went yellow/red . . I mentioned to him that his flashers were on... his response "Bad tires" . . . I said WHAT ? . . . I got bad tires. I was speechless.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Fuckers that can’t comprehend how to navigate a roundabout.
There’s one that’s fairly new between my house and where I commute to. It amazes me almost everyday watching dip shits waiting for no cars WAY upstream before they enter.
If you see a gap, fucking fill it. In other words, hit the pedal on the right! 😡
View attachment 1045442
There’s one in Perris that if it’s raining, and traffic is low, I do my best impersonation of this guy. In a 4wd dually. 😇

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
ONE pet peeve is people using the word prolly instead of probably . Another is calling an engine a motor , motor is electric . A motor starts an engine .

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
ONE pet peeve is people using the word prolly instead of probably . Another is calling an engine a motor , motor is electric . A motor starts an engine .
An engine is a motor. But the reverse isn't always true. Just like a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't neccesarily a square
Screenshot_20210907-202847_Google.jpg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
For anyone in the SoCal Mountains.

I hate the dipshits who turn their flashers on because they want to go 25mph on a 55mph highway but then cant figure out how to use a turnout to let the tens of cars they are holding up. Or anyone who cant use a turnout when they have 5 or more cars behind them, its the freakin' law! And those who can't read the sign that says "Slower Traffic Keep Right", yes dipshit, that means you!

Some of us want to get home before we're old enough to start collecting social security.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
People turning left and in the left turn lane but they have to swing over the line on the right side to make the turn

badgas

Reaction score
1. People that run red lights and stop signs, I hope each and every one of them get hit by a train.

2. Dickwads in their little zoom zoom wannabe fast and furious cars using the center turn lane to pass, I hope they get hit by the same train as the red light runners.

These two

Also Leafblowers and litter

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
For anyone in the SoCal Mountains.

I hate the dipshits who turn their flashers on because they want to go 25mph on a 55mph highway but then cant figure out how to use a turnout to let the tens of cars they are holding up. Or anyone who cant use a turnout when they have 5 or more cars behind them, its the freakin' law! And those who can't read the sign that says "Slower Traffic Keep Right", yes dipshit, that means you!

Some of us want to get home before we're old enough to start collecting social security.
If your behind them, then really who is slower?

:)

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
You'd think the closing rate between me and them would give them an idea, but I'm starting to think they don't bother looking in their mirrors. Or they are deaf to the horn that might also be clueing them in.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
What gets me is when someone holds the door open for me or my better half and I tell them "thank you" and they reply with "no problem". Well if it was a fuking problem you probably would have opened it in the first place.
The correct reply is "yore welcome". 😁

endobear

Reaction score
People that interupt you when you're talking or explaining something. . The worst is when they ask you a question and answer it or just start gabbing before you get 3 words out.Drives me nuts...

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Work related - the dumbass who schedules a 7AM meeting Monday morning. But sends the invite out over the weekend. I don't even respond to that shit.

Back around 2017 at my old firm we had a new "vp of bus dev" that liked to do this. While I was salary as RME of the construction division (there were 7 subsidiaries at the RE firm) I was pretty strict on my weekends...they got enough of me during the week. I don't answer shit after 3 on Friday..unless its catastrophic..shit can wait till Monday at 9. Prick took it to HR...he got an education pretty quick on what my role actually was, and that if I left that division ceases to operate immediately as its my license. Never got that request again

My pet peeves....slamming doors, being late, dishes in the sink, trash being left in my truck/boat...and most of all...fuckin Biden voters...how stupid can you be?

Diesel pump campers....this infuriates me. I sat behind this son of bitch with California plates in Tucson a couple weeks ago almost out of diesel while his fat fucking ass got a sandwich made....he didn't even buy gas...blocking the only diesel pump. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My wife used to always fuck with my seat... last year we got new cars across the board...there are fobs for each driver...don't touch anyone else's the seat goes to your position based on your fob.

My stepdaughter loves to change the radio the second you step out of the truck...:mad:

People who yell at their wives at the boat ramp....this one sets me off and I WILL say something..

Last edited:

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Cigarette smokers who throw or casually drop their butt or still lit cigarette out of the window. You are an inconsiderate fucking asshole! That’s pushed me to the point of getting out of my car if at a complete stop (red light) after I politely give the sign to roll down your window I throw it right back into your vehicle. I did this half a block from our kids school once. And yes I’m sure a few of the other parents recognized me. I have already made up my mind that if your door comes open it’s nighty night for you too.
My apologies if this one was already mentioned but it happens way too often on the 10 E (outside of Indio) when a safely spaced grouping is moving well above the the speed limit and some slap dick (usually in a rice burner) has the entitlement to pass on the right, run all the way up to the slower moving vehicle (usually a semi) and cut back over into the #1 lane causing a chain reaction for the whole pack to slam on our brakes. Just once I would thoroughly enjoy if the semi should engage these assholes by brake checking them before they can make their move. I would still flip them the bird when I pass the prick. I know this is why my wife prefers to drive now but have actually begun to not allow some of the other dick moves already posted not get me rivaled up as much as it used to. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baja 252

Reaction score
Pontoons that cruise around at night with their docking lights on. (it's a LOTO thing)

Taboma

Reaction score

Then why the term popular term "Motorsport(s)" ?? 🤔
Motorsports.JPG

Taboma

Reaction score
What gets me is when someone holds the door open for me or my better half and I tell them "thank you" and they reply with "no problem". Well if it was a fuking problem you probably would have opened it in the first place.
The correct reply is "yore welcome". 😁

" No Problem " drives me nuts. It's apparently the new age replacement word for " You're Welcome" following a "Thank You".
With that written, I'm now forced to admit, I've heard it so much, I recently heard it slip from my own lips. 😬 SHIT 😖

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Holy shit, have I been using the wrong stuff in my engines all these years?

IMG_7496.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
I think the biggest one that gets me is the group of motorcycles sitting in the fast lane that appear to be intentionally speeding up when there is a gap in the right lane and slowing down when they are passing or just taking up both lanes. They'll sit that way for MILES and we've literally called them in before for making dangerous situations slowing down to 50 MPH and taking both lanes, etc. All while 30-40 cars sit behind them. I'm getting pissed just typing this as it seems to happen once every 2 or 3 times coming back west on the 8 on Sunday.

If you want to have a Sunday cruise, drive on the left side of the lane or whatever, fine; but you want to be a 'vehicle' fucking act like one.

Seems like every group of motorcycle riders has a chip on their shoulder. YOU'RE the one that chose to ride the motorcycle, not me!

jailbird141

Reaction score
I hate cumming at the same time as the guy in the porn

Maybe try not paying attention to the guy in the porn you are watching? Then you wont know if you blow your load at the same time. 👍

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Wow, I had a pretty extensive list of things that irritate me but now after reading this thread I think I hate everything and everybody.