WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My buddies 69 Nova...

Cray Paper

Reaction score
When I say buddy, I mean the guy that was my mentor at work AND made a huge impact on my personnel life, his name is Doug. Doug has had a pristine 69 Nova SS for going on 20 years. My old IROC with a lot of work done to it used to hold its own with my buddies worked over 69 Nova. I had to sell my car a couple of years ago to cover a 35+K divorce attorney debt. My buddy and mentor kept plugging away and when he retired from the carpenters union after 30 years of being a general superintendent and decided to put some serious money in to his Nova. Doug's best friend has had a couple of cars built by Chris Holstrom in Puyalip WA. Chris's shop wasn't interested in building Doug's car so Doug had another shop install the Skip White 427 SBC in his Nova and upgrade the dated 8.5" rear and digital dash. If you like non LS based SBC's check this out -

Cray Paper

Reaction score
My buddy Doug's rebuild has been 8 months long and I am trying to figure out how to post the video of the new engine, diff and bad ass digital dash video at first start up. While I try to post this up check out another retired buddies 68 Camaro. Owners name is Steve Peterson, retired CFO for the company I used to work for. How many construction companies CFO's were in a big hair rock band in the 80's?? Steve also has a late 60's Corvette he bought from Barrett Jackson a couple of years ago in Holstons shop that was so bad ass before being rebuilt it's hard to fathom what it's going to be when it's done.

https://flic.kr/p/DEaxu9

Travmon

Reaction score
Chris Holstrom is a great friend of mine, he is one of the guys that used to hang around my custom shop when they were just out of school. Builds some nice stuff.

oldschool

Reaction score
My buddy Doug's rebuild has been 8 months long and I am trying to figure out how to post the video of the new engine, diff and bad ass digital dash video at first start up. While I try to post this up check out another retired buddies 68 Camaro. Owners name is Steve Peterson, retired CFO for the company I used to work for. How many construction companies CFO's were in a big hair rock band in the 80's?? Steve also has a late 60's Corvette he bought from Barrett Jackson a couple of years ago in Holstons shop that was so bad ass before being rebuilt it's hard to fathom what it's going to be when it's done.

https://flic.kr/p/DEaxu9
That car is gorgeous!

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Luv Novas. I have one too

Attachments

• IMG_0777.MOV
    31.1 MB

Cray Paper

Reaction score
From what I have seen and heard, Chris's shop is top notch. My sisters fiance is no slouch when it comes to building cars and visited Holstroms shop in Puyalip last year and came away thoroughly impressed. My sisters boyfreind (in his late 40's) has his own shop at home along with about 40 "project cars of his own" and makes a great living building others dream cars with just him and his son. He has a paint booth and alignment rack in the shop in his back yard. WA state inst known for being the epicenter for custom building bad ass cars but I have seen a lot of really top notch cars come of of shops here.

Just wait until Steve's corvette shows up in the rags, it was cool when he bought it, but it's going to be amazing when its done. Dougs Nova is also going to be bad ass, that 427 SBC along with the TKO 600 5 speed I helped install 10 years ago in the Nova will make it so much fun to drive. Doug also has a 2017? scat pack Challenger, I bet the Nova will be faster.