WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Car Buying Saga Continues

Badchoices03

Reaction score
My company ordered me a new company truck, 2021 F150 XLT, crewcab, 4x4, with the 5.0....they ordered in November of last year, I was told I would have it in March, then in March I was told May....late April I got an email from Ford saying the truck was manufactured on 4/26 and should be at the dealer by 5/10...a month later and I still don't have it...my company reached out to the fleet leasing company and now they are saying 10/31...SMH

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
We've struggled with this as well from a few of the dealers we went to. We roll up in an old Ford Fusion, and my wife and I look pretty young still.

We dealt with it the most when we were buying our motorhome last year. We would go onto the lots and ask what their pre-owned inventory was and on more than one occasion, the sales person said "we probably don't have anything in your budget"

BS right? Everyone is a customer until they are not.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Stelvio, tight athletic SUV, at least according to C&D. Should be fun. Base engine gets you a 14 second 1/4 mile. Now the Quadrifoglio o_O

Pulled the trigger on the Alfa and pick it up tonight. We got the Nero Edizione sport pack with the black 20s with the blacked out grill etc. Also the Active assist and some other packs. I think it looks pretty neat.

Easy deal and the salespeople were super. Like I stated; went to Lexus, Mercedes and nobody would even help me.

This is not our actual car but looks exactly like this.

20210617_100202.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
looks good...hopefully you checked with your insurance provider. A lot of carriers consider the alfa special rated compared to the other cars on the list and the prices are very high.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
We've struggled with this as well from a few of the dealers we went to. We roll up in an old Ford Fusion, and my wife and I look pretty young still.

We dealt with it the most when we were buying our motorhome last year. We would go onto the lots and ask what their pre-owned inventory was and on more than one occasion, the sales person said "we probably don't have anything in your budget"

That’s the best way to buy or shop for anything.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
looks good...hopefully you checked with your insurance provider. A lot of carriers consider the alfa special rated compared to the other cars on the list and the prices are very high.

It was reasonable. It was 37 more every six months than my new Chevy truck.

riverroyal

Reaction score
BMW X3 M40 for the win. Find one, drive it......you will understand

Javajoe

Reaction score
My company ordered me a new company truck, 2021 F150 XLT, crewcab, 4x4, with the 5.0....they ordered in November of last year, I was told I would have it in March, then in March I was told May....late April I got an email from Ford saying the truck was manufactured on 4/26 and should be at the dealer by 5/10...a month later and I still don't have it...my company reached out to the fleet leasing company and now they are saying 10/31...SMH
I talked to a GM guy today and he said there are over a million trucks sitting over seas that need chips. I Googled how many chips a car has and it said 3,000 to 5,000 chips 😳