WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Cousin's Daughter Just Received her Appointment to the US Military Academy at West Point and Congressional Nomination.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Cousin first removed? I guess that is what you would call her. Congrats to Katherine and I am so excited for her and her adventures serving the best country on the planet! I am sure she will do great.

Her father (my cousin) was salutatorian graduate of West Point. He was the Army Rangers ground-assault commander on the Joint Special Operations Task Force (JSOC) that launched a nighttime raid on Saddam Hospital in Nasiriyah on April 1, 2003, rescuing Jessica Lynch and the buried bodies of eight other American soldiers. He retired as a Major and now runs a successful wealth management firm.

Please don't think there is any nepotism in getting his daughter in to West Point. From what I hear they are actually a little tougher on family members that want to go to the spectacular school!

Wish her luck!

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You have good right to be proud of her, and her father. She has to be a special breed of girl. To follow in those footsteps, knowing where they went, is impressive. She has guts and brains...she'll do well in life.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Outstanding! My primary firearms instructor just sent his daughter to West Point. One of my favorite bosses was a West Point grad who was a Jag lawyer. Very successful after his service. Bright future ahead for that girl.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Outstanding! My primary firearms instructor just sent his daughter to West Point. One of my favorite bosses was a West Point grad who was a Jag lawyer. Very successful after his service. Bright future ahead for that girl.

Yeah, slightly different than majoring in poetry at Berkley right? :D All three of his kids are just outstanding. One boy is a really good golfer and got a full university scholarship for it. I don't know squat about golf, but he golfed a 66 at 15 years old. from what I am told, that is pretty good.

So families are just squared away! But don't think my whole family is like that. I have other cousins and such I would't piss on if they were on fire. I have one who has three kids, just turned 40 and he and his completely nuts disgusting wife lives with his parents. For crying out loud!!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
A few interesting facts I looked up about WP.

United States Military Academy at West Point Admissions. West Point admissions is extremely selective with an acceptance rate of 10%. Students that get into West Point have an average SAT score between 1180-1400 or an average ACT score of 23-28.

Average salary for a recent grad of West Point is $74,000 a year. Just for comparison it is $54,700 for a graduate of shithole Berkley. Best part about a West Point grad is after serving full time duty for five years they are completely debt free from college cost!

rrrr

Reaction score
Awesome!
Lots of great ways to move up in the Navy.
My niece made E-6 at 22 years old [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's impressive, making PO1 in just a few years shows dedication.

DLC

Reaction score
Congratulations
it is refreshing to hear about some of the accomplishments of our youth!
in This day of I want it now, it is awesome to be reminded that hard work, commitment and sacrifice is not completely lost

hallettheck

Reaction score
Congratulations, my best friend's son just graduated last year from the Academy and is beginning his commitment to service and protecting our nation

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Congrats to her! But her father being a graduate and distinguished officer DOES help her get in...but in a good way. Their rationale is she knows what to expect and will most likely succeed, a lot of kids go to service academies and a week in, they drop out because that’s not what they were expecting. Sucks for the other 90% who didn’t get in.
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so awesome! My son is at the Naval Academy so I guess we'll be betting against each other one day a year!😂
Nice! My cousin and brother graduated from annapolis and I spent a semester there on exchange from the CG Academy. It’s a very cool place. My cousin is actually stationed there now, he’s a Capt in charge of one of the regiments or battalions, I forget which one.