WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Damn Dam run video

rvrrat350

Reaction score
took me long enough
but better late than never!!
If you have been on the fence about doing this trip this should change that :thumbsup
enjoy

[video=youtube_https;vhXmknRHnEU]https://youtu.be/vhXmknRHnEU[/video]

rvrrat350

Reaction score
Best boat ride I have ever been on. The scenery back there was unreal!

I agree and cant wait to do it again this year!!
Hopefully Carl and the rest of the committee can pic a day like last year with NO wind and a flat lake!! i know its a crap shoot :thumbsup

Advantage 1

Reaction score
That was a great time. Really hoping our schedules allow us to come out and play again!

terrax2

Reaction score
Thanks for the video and dinner. [emoji106] [emoji2]

That was an awesome time. That's the 1 trip we tell the friends about. Hoping to go again this year.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Good video. [emoji106]

It's an awesome sight coming around that bend and seeing the damn dam. [emoji41]

AEA

Reaction score
Thanks, that's scenic area. What speed was the group cruising at most of the time?

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Great video, thanks!

This was our favorite boating day of last year and we hope Carl organizes this again! This is truly a boat drivers day, 130 miles round trip and the scenery is not to bad either!

rvrrat350

Reaction score
Thanks for the video and dinner. [emoji106] [emoji2]

That was an awesome time. That's the 1 trip we tell the friends about. Hoping to go again this year.

Shit thanks for offering a seat in the boat and on such short notice!!:thumbsup
really sucks gettin flaked on the morning your leaving!!!:thumbsdown
so thanks for steppin up!!
it was a great time

rvrrat350

Reaction score
Thanks, that's scenic area. What speed was the group cruising at most of the time?

mostly 35-40ish
except for Don Johnson and the other DCB
made us look like we were just flottin!!:thumbsup
think they were at the damn dam for a while before the rest of the group :D
most of the group all got to the dam within 5-10 minutes of each other

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

The way there was a nice cruise, but on the way back the group really got split up and there was miles of pure glass with no other boats around (at least when we were going back). It was fun to open it up a little going back down river!

A lot of fun and amazing boat drive!

Still awaiting official announcement from Campbell Carl as to what the dates will be this year. Researching from years past, the official dates are typically released the 2nd week of May.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to post vids from taptalk... Mine says disabled and I don't know how to change it

Sbarry

Reaction score
Awesome video! Thanks for sharing. Definitely on the bucket list with the new boat.

Does everyone have to get more fuel on the way back to Cathrines? Where did you fill up? Cottonwood?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Awesome video! Thanks for sharing. Definitely on the bucket list with the new boat.

Does everyone have to get more fuel on the way back to Cathrines? Where did you fill up? Cottonwood?

I was going to at willow because a gauge wasn't working at the time but we made it back w plenty of gas

CampbellCarl

Reaction score

Typical trip is self sorted into about three cruise speeds, DCBs cruise 70-80, next group runs 50-60 and last group runs 40-50.

This trip has NOTHING to do with speed or card stops or first to the damn dam. It has everything to do with meeting new folks, re-friending old friends and enjoying Lake Mohave from one end to the other. Seeing the sights of the lake, stopping for a swim and beverage, BSing with like minded boaters.

I have it on good authority that the 2015 Damn Dam Run Executive Committee has a large pencil circle around Saturday August 15th.

;)

CampbellCarl

Reaction score

There is fuel at Cottonwood Cove (approx 25 miles up lake from Katherine's Landing and again at Willow Beach (another 25 miles up lake from Cottonwood Cove).

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Typical trip is self sorted into about three cruise speeds, DCBs cruise 70-80, next group runs 50-60 and last group runs 40-50.

This trip has NOTHING to do with speed or card stops or first to the damn dam. It has everything to do with meeting new folks, re-friending old friends and enjoying Lake Mohave from one end to the other. Seeing the sights of the lake, stopping for a swim and beverage, BSing with like minded boaters.

I have it on good authority that the 2015 Damn Dam Run Executive Committee has a large pencil circle around Saturday August 15th.

;)
August 15th?

I have that weekend off, count me in for sure.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
August 15 is on my calendar, looking forward to this. Such a fun day!

TBulger

Reaction score
The Dam Run was close to the nicest time I ever had in my life. Thank for the video. :)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
[video=vimeo;124512308]https://vimeo.com/124512308[/video]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
[video=vimeo;124512264]https://vimeo.com/124512264[/video]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
[video=vimeo;124512233]https://vimeo.com/124512233[/video]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Hope those worked. Sorry lil bro isn't the best camera man. I have a few more I'll look for after work

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score

;)

Hey Carl, we will be attending this year as well a number of my neighbors in Willow Valley. Looking forward to the official date announcement and event. Such a fun day!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Should be a "Bucket List" item for those who have never done it.

Anyone here ever do Willow Beach when it was a low-key family owned operation with nice (reasonable) houseboats, good restaurant/bar, store/gas and motel? F'in Fed Govt shut the whole operation down. Said it was a potential flash flood zone. Just about the whole friggin' desert is a flash flood zone ! ! Believe it was actually a move by Tree Huggers in DC for that section of the river. Too bad.