WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My daughter installed her new lift kit today...

6 balls

Reaction score
Thought I would share what turned out to be a really great day! :D

First a little background... We bought our daughter a Jeep for her 17th birthday back in September with her using her life savings to pay for almost half. She has wanted a Wrangler for her first vehicle since she was little. She's been "off-road" most of her life... riding her quads in the dunes from the age of six and driving the family long-travel sandrail starting at 14.

tla-lift-00.jpg

She was perfectly happy with her 10 year old stock Jeep just the way it was but thought it would be cool to be sitting a little higher. Since I have never been one satisfied to leave things stock... I thought what 17 year old girl wouldn't want a lift kit for Christmas? Right?

So today we went about installing the BDS 2" kit. Took the two of us about five hours to complete including a new steering stabilizer, front cam bolts and alignment. Made for some really good "teaching moments" and had a lot fof fun.

Here are some photos of the progress throughout the day...

tla-lift-01.jpg

tla-lift-02.jpg

tla-lift-03.jpg

tla-lift-04.jpg

tla-lift-05.jpg

tla-lift-06.jpg

tla-lift-07.jpg

tla-lift-08.jpg

tla-lift-09.jpg

tla-lift-10.jpg

tla-lift-11.jpg

6 balls

Reaction score
tla-lift-12.jpg

tla-lift-13.jpg

tla-lift-14.jpg

tla-lift-15.jpg

tla-lift-16.jpg

The BDS parts went on smoothly, without a single problem. Being a California Jeep, we didn't have to deal with any rust or broken bolts. Very happy with the resulting 2 1/2" gain and her Jeep rides really really nice, actually quite a bit better than stock! :cool:

Now I guess we are looking to get some Black Rock soft 8's and bigger tires. ;)

Last edited:

Jet-Daytona

Banned
Reaction score
tla-lift-12.jpg

tla-lift-13.jpg

tla-lift-14.jpg

tla-lift-15.jpg

tla-lift-16.jpg

The BDS parts went on smoothly, without a single problem. Being a California Jeep, we didn't have to deal with any of the rust and broken bolts that so many here have to work with. Very happy with the resulting 2 1/2" gain and her Jeep rides really really nice, actually quite a bit better than stock! :cool:

Now I guess we are looking to get some Black Rock soft 8's and bigger tires. ;)

WOW!! that is soo Cool! and wonderful she helped with the whole process and will appreciate the accomplishment so much more than just hiring it done. You did a great job raising her and must be incredibly proud.:thumbsup

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
HUGE improvment, looks great! Nuthin better than workin with your kids. :thumbsup

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
SWEET. Can't wait until my little ones are big enough to start wrenching on stuff with me.

6 balls

Reaction score
Thanks guys... proud is an understatement!

SWEET. Can't wait until my little ones are big enough to start wrenching on stuff with me.

No rush... it will come soon enough, happens too fast as it is. I don't know what I'm going to do when she goes off to college next year. :(

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That is bitchen!! You must be very proud!

RD

blownrat505

Reaction score
Yes very cool, my boys are now in there late 20s and always talks about the times we had in the shop. there only young for a short time.

imirsh1

Reaction score
I swear I just saw a jeep like that in Lake forest yesterday.

riverroyal

Reaction score
she has more mechanical skills than most the guys that work for me!! she need a job!

charlyox

Reaction score
Great job. Looks great and she's not afraid to get dirty.:thumbsup

linus3

Reaction score
Cool Jeep and shirt.....nice job.:thumbsup

DragDad

Reaction score
My kid just said he wants to marry her.. LOL
Guess wrenchy girls are still the shit!
Tell her way to go!