WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Daughter is an Entrepreneur. - She’s 8

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
While Stacy’s family is in town they got out the sewing machine and Kathleen was teaching her how to sew things..

My daughter says “I’ll be right back”. I have stacks of old t shirts that I was going to have sewn into a quilt someday..

She came to me and said “Dad I want you to sell these in your website”

She made boat pillows.

8E70A960-1175-4699-B6D5-B7C71FC9CEB7.jpeg
88670D62-D2C6-4DDF-9A45-3B7992402C02.jpeg

CampbellCarl gave me two t shirt pillows that we keep in the Hallett is where I’m assuming she got the idea.

She’s already made two, but wants to keep the first one for herself as it’s the first one she ever made.. It is out of a Fox’s shirt.

Anyhow I thought it was a pretty cool little “quarantine” story. Kids are creative.

she wants 15 bucks for the pillow btw. Lol. She’s going to make more when we get more stuffing online.

Buggydave

Reaction score
Thats awesome! Have you worn them? If so, dont let Grads know or he will be buying all of them to sleep with at night! LOL

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thats awesome! Have you worn them? If so, dont let Grads know or he will be buying all of them to sleep with at night! LOL

They are old t shirts. lol. So yes I wore them.. That said they were all washed before they go into the quilt box.

Trying to get the adults to make me a dust cover for the boat out of the shirt backs.. lol. I’m striking out.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Very cool.
When my wife teaches nieces and nephews etc. how to sew she makes pillow cases. Her friends have sewing group and that's what she started them on too.
They're easy to make, and make great gifts.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Great story Dave. I am with you and others on the quilt idea. Each Christmas we made t-shirts out of drawings our son made. We must have had 12 years of designs. When our son went off to college my mother sent him off with a quilt with all of the t-shirts on it. I hope that you daughter keeps up with the business ideas. Our son did not not want anything to do with it even though I had sold some over the years on forums that I visited.

Daudioexpert

Reaction score
That’s awesome love to see Kids doing stuff like this.
James that owns RockHard Offroad , kids we’re always doing stuff like this to make money.
I always buy one of there keychains when there at shows .
I give them crap if they don’t bring them, LoL [emoji23]
image-2020-04-07-08:03:09-581.jpg

This one is at least 4 years old .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Nice!

"RDP Kids Corner"

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
They are old t shirts. lol. So yes I wore them.. That said they were all washed before they go into the quilt box.

Trying to get the adults to make me a dust cover for the boat out of the shirt backs.. lol. I’m striking out.

Unwashed with China Buffet stains could bring big money on Ebay.

On a serious note, have her make up some or maybe quilts and then auction them off at the RDP regatta awards party, make one for breast cancer and I am in for some $$$.

Reactions: DWC

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Your daughter is acutely observative with a good sense of capitalism.
Funny story. My mother wondered where I was getting the money she found in my room(I was 4 or 5). So she and dad sat me down one evening to drill me on it, figuring maybe I'd swiped it from somewhere/someone.
Nope, it was my natural entrepreneurial self. They were completely unaware I was going door to door selling doilies/coffee cup coasters I'd gathered up on our once a month "out for breakfast" days.
Clean ones were a dime, coffee stained ones a nickel.😃😊