WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My employer dropped the ultimatum.

67Charger

Reaction score
I am an Engineer in aerospace working for one of the major companies, and we go the letter on the 7th that is it "Fully vaxxed (including the post 2 weeks) by 12/8 or you are not longer allowed on facility or to work remote." I cannot work remote anyway...

Good thing I still have my commercial drivers license and CCCO Crane operator's license. I know a decent number of us will be looking for work. Dirty part is, we will not be fired, we'll be placed on unpaid administrative leave. Likely shields them from wrongful termination in the future.

67Charger

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to dupe the other "employer jab" thread.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I am an Engineer in aerospace working for one of the major companies, and we go the letter on the 7th that is it "Fully vaxxed (including the post 2 weeks) by 12/8 or you are not longer allowed on facility or to work remote." I cannot work remote anyway...

Good thing I still have my commercial drivers license and CCCO Crane operator's license. I know a decent number of us will be looking for work. Dirty part is, we will not be fired, we'll be placed on unpaid administrative leave. Likely shields them from wrongful termination in the future.

People need to walk.

Some of my guys are vaxxed and some of our customers are starting to require it also. If I have a vaxxed person, so be it, if not GTFO.

propcheck

Reaction score
Do not quit, make them terminate. You can get another job while on unpaid leave. The lawsuits are being filed for the “unpaid leave” use as a weapon against employees. I do not know the legal basis but spoke to two different people involved directly in litigation over it

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I'm still failing to grasp the logic there.

A. A vaccinated person can catch and transmit the virus.
B. An unvaccinated person can catch and transmit the virus.

If you are unvaccinated you are only risking your own health, are you not?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score

My thoughts exactly. I'm surprised we are not hearing much on some of the news channels regarding the lawsuits.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Push these tyrannical companies to the brink. Make them walk you out and then sue. Look at what is going on with Southwest Airlines. These companies need to learn that they can't operate without employees. My wife is in healthcare and we are playing the game.

samsah33

Reaction score
Do not quit, make them terminate. You can get another job while on unpaid leave. The lawsuits are being filed for the “unpaid leave” use as a weapon against employees. I do not know the legal basis but spoke to two different people involved directly in litigation over it
I understand that employers are placing people on unpaid leave for a couple reasons - first, so that you cannot claim unemployment for quitting (will increase your employer's unemployment insurance), and second, so that you cannot sue the employer for damages if/when you quit (you weren't harmed because you quit - you would have been harmed by staying and making no $). Not a lawyer, but that's my understanding, hopefully someone smarter than me can chime in.

propcheck

Reaction score
I understand that employers are placing people on unpaid leave for a couple reasons - first, so that you cannot claim unemployment for quitting (will increase your employer's unemployment insurance), and second, so that you cannot sue the employer for damages if/when you quit (you weren't harmed because you quit - you would have been harmed by staying and making no $). Not a lawyer, but that's my understanding, hopefully someone smarter than me can chime in.
I agree I do not know the grounds for filing on either case I just know they were told not to quit by their representation🤷🏼‍♂️ I really just hope they win to establish case law and prevent the perpetuation of this garbage.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Some day…but evidently not today, the MBAs at the top will realize that pissing folks off who
A: know the customers
B: know the inner workings and issues of the company
And
C: know how to do what the company does, but better

Will not end well for them.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
...oh, no chance I am quitting. They'll have to walk my happy ass out the door. I need the grounds for the law suit. I can do lots of stuff for $$ on unpaid leave.

Video EVERYTHING as you are requested to leave. There was one of a nurse that was interesting. They were trying to get her to quite. She did a good job standing her ground.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score

Hint: It's not about Covid, it's all about submission. ;)

1633983688990.gif

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to dupe the other "employer jab" thread.
I like the standalone thread. Keep us posted.
I think one can claim underemployment if put on an involuntary leave.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I like the standalone thread. Keep us posted.

I think one can claim underemployment if put on an involuntary leave.

In California they can.

Backlash

Reaction score
If you are on administrative leave while being paid, you cannot collect unemployment. If you are on unpaid leave, you can file for unemployment. But your employer can reject the unemployment filing. There is nothing to stop them from rejecting your unemployment, and there is nothing that guarantees your unemployment benefits will be granted.

This info is from my wife, who works in HR.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
This morning

Major Aerospace Player-We need to schedule November

Me-No problem

Major Aerospace Player-Tech has to be vaxxed

Me-No vaxxed techs for that job, GTFO

Major Aerospace Player-Forget it, schedule us.

baby dancing wiggle.gif

67Charger

Reaction score
I'm hoping that the pilot's walk-out will gain some momentum.

I've got my monthly 1-on-1 with my manager coming up and it will be interesting to see how it goes. I'm just going to keep on going like nothing has changed. No sense in causing ripples yet.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
This morning

Major Aerospace Player-We need to schedule November

Me-No problem

Major Aerospace Player-Tech has to be vaxxed

Me-No vaxxed techs for that job, GTFO

Major Aerospace Player-Forget it, schedule us.

View attachment 1058052
Nice Job there Regor, You drew a line in the sandbox and they jumped right inside your less than 6 feet box. :cool: 👍
2017-01-27-1485545111-6626721-MAKES.png

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
If you are on administrative leave while being paid, you cannot collect unemployment. If you are on unpaid leave, you can file for unemployment. But your employer can reject the unemployment filing. There is nothing to stop them from rejecting your unemployment, and there is nothing that guarantees your unemployment benefits will be granted.

This info is from my wife, who works in HR.

Employer cannot "reject" your claim, they have no authority to do so, they CAN contest it, but they have to provide a basis to do so.

Ultimately UEC has the final decision, hint...employers need a pretty damn good track record of offenses (1,2,3 warnings written up etc) or a crime committed in order to contest it with any chance. Here in commifornistan the employer needs stupendous documented proof of fraud or a crime, and even then they will most likely award UC to the employee anyhow.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

No, if unvaxed you are the primary cause for vaccinated people getting Rona.
Dont ask me how, just believe it...
The vax only works if the guy next to you is vax’d.
Or whatever.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The outfit I work for is a single owner.
150 employees just in AZ.
3 different State divisions, AZ is the largest.
He is adamantly against a company vax mandate...BUT... as I predicted months ago to coworkers, some CLIENTS are already requiring vax for access to their property.
So now they are surveying vax vs unvax employees to try to place crews.
One big problem...100+ field hands are not automatically interchangeable on different types of rigs and processes.
Not by safety standards or performance standards.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
SIl works for a major aero-space in Cali... Word on the yard (rumor) is that the Feds are are gonna require vax for all Fed contractors...

i.e. Northrop, Lockeed, Boeing, etc

But I would assume the Biden 100 employee mandate (as requested) would encompass that as well....

530RL

Reaction score

Following the logic of an unvaccinated person only risks their own health, why do schools or parents want other kids in the school to be vaccinated for measles, polio and a dozen other diseases where vaccines are required.

Same logic should apply. 🤷🤷🤷

67Charger

Reaction score
SIl works for a major aero-space in Cali... Word on the yard (rumor) is that the Feds are are gonna require vax for all Fed contractors...

i.e. Northrop, Lockeed, Boeing, etc

But I would assume the Biden 100 employee mandate (as requested) would encompass that as well....
Can confirm. It was expressed in "the letter" we received.

4Waters

Reaction score
Following the logic of an unvaccinated person only risks their own health, why do schools or parents want other kids in the school to be vaccinated for measles, polio and a dozen other diseases where vaccines are required.

Same logic should apply. 🤷🤷🤷
Notice we don't have issues with those viruses, that's because those were cured with a vaccine, that's what a vaccine does. This covid vaccine is not a vaccine, it's a shot, like the flu shot, we all have gotten the flu after getting the shot just like a lot of us (my wife and I included) have gotten covid after getting the covid shot. So how's your logic working now🤔 SMH.

530RL

Reaction score
Notice we don't have issues with those viruses, that's because those were cured with a vaccine, that's what a vaccine does. This covid vaccine is not a vaccine, it's a shot, like the flu shot, we all have gotten the flu after getting the shot just like a lot of us (my wife and I included) have gotten covid after getting the covid shot. So how's your logic working now🤔 SMH.

We had problems with those diseases long after those vaccines were introduced.

Many to this day do not believe the risks of those diseases outweigh the benefits of getting those vaccines. Just as some believe with the Covid vaccine. Isn’t everyone equal in their right to believe what they believe?

So once again if the logic is that if the only one at risk of not getting these vaccines is the individual themselves, why mandate any vaccine? Shouldn’t the logic of freedom and choice apply to all vaccines and shouldn’t an unvaccinated person regardless of the vaccine have such freedom?

Wouldn’t that be the consistent belief?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Reject the truth you can plainly see with your eyes, hear with your ears, touch with your hands, and instead believe ridiculous stupid fucking bullshit from the powers that be.

The 'vaccine' does not orevent sickness, does not prevent contagion, does not prevent transmission. People pushing it ARE FUCKING LEMMING MORONS. They deserve no consideration, they have no credibility.

And the people defending justifying this shit are even dumber or bigger pussies.

Last edited:

Turnup

Reaction score
I pray all you mofo's dealing with this shit get your due in a class action. I stand with all who take this to the mat. This is bs and all meant to cripple our country and dismantle our way of life in order to push us into a China like way of life, all on purpose. We will rise up and take back what's ours in due time for sure.
On another note, anyone totally cool with this I'd like to hear your thoughts on members of Congress and their families numbering around 200 or so that have requested and received ivermectin and hcq treatments from private dr.s and 100% recovered and never saw a hospital..members of congress and their families do not have mandates like us small citizen folk.

4Waters

Reaction score

Many to this day do not believe the risks of those diseases outweigh the benefits of getting those vaccines. Just as some believe with the Covid vaccine. Isn’t everyone equal in their right to believe what they believe?

So once again if the logic is that if the only one at risk of not getting these vaccines is the individual themselves, why mandate any vaccine? Shouldn’t the logic of freedom and choice apply to all vaccines and shouldn’t an unvaccinated person regardless of the vaccine have such freedom?

When was the last time you heard about a vaccinated person in a 1st world country being diagnosed with one of those viruses? I'm hearing of "vaccinated" people every day being diagnosed with and/or dying from covid. It's not a vaccine, it's a shot and a poor one at that. Pull your head out of your ass, wipe the shit from your eyes and look around. Conservative my ass, you're a damn scared tell me what to do liberal.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

You keep using the word "vaccine" for covid. And it is truly NOT a vaccine.

If it is a "true vaccine" can you tell me why, Webster Dictionary, Wikipedia, ect have been made to change the definition of "vaccine" this year?? Seems kinda weird to me. But being a country bumpkin maybe it's just me.🤷🏻‍♂️ how often do you see the definition of a word just mysteriously be altered?

And just for the record I am not "anti vax". But I am not ok with being used as a "lab rat"

530RL

Reaction score
When was the last time you heard about a vaccinated person in a 1st world country being diagnosed with one of those viruses? I'm hearing of "vaccinated" people every day being diagnosed with and/or dying from covid. It's not a vaccine, it's a shot and a poor one at that. Pull your head out of your ass, wipe the shit from your eyes and look around. Conservative my ass, you're a damn scared tell me what to do liberal.
Yes but many believe those vaccines are dangerous and the risk of taking them exceeds the benefit.

So why mandate them on those who do not believe as you do?

You want freedom, why can’t they have it too?

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

07172389-5927-42F6-9881-13C633898E00.jpeg

4Waters

Reaction score
Yes but many believe those vaccines are dangerous and the risk of taking them exceeds the benefit.

Those are tried and true vaccines, this covid shot is not, if it was a real vaccine with real R&D stage 3 testing done 3-5 years before it's release then I'd be willing to talk. Those people that think those other vaccines are a risk then that is their choice and they are still able to go to a restaurant, theme park, get on a plane, go to school...... without the vaccines, their freedoms have not been infringed upon.

What else you got dumb ass?!!!

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score

Why shouldn’t they be able to?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Those are tried and true vaccines, this covid shot is not, if it was a real vaccine with real R&D stage 3 testing done 3-5 years before it's release then I'd be willing to talk. Those people that think those other vaccines are a risk then that is their choice and they are still able to go to a restaurant, theme park, get on a plane, go to school...... without the vaccines, their freedoms have not been infringed upon.

At this point i think he would defend your boss coming in on a Monday telling you to cut your nuts off by the end of the month or find a new job... Come to think of it maybe thats what happened to him 🤣🤣

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
An employer that has such little respect and regard for their employees that they will force them to take an unproven, potentially dangerous injection will be happy to outsource theirr ass one day anyway.

Never take something against your will for someone that woupd never return the courtesy

530RL

Reaction score
Why shouldn’t they be able to?
I completely agree.

Some believe in their mandates while belittling others mandates.

If we’re against mandates, we should be against mandates.

That should go for all vaccines, shots or other treatments.

530RL

Reaction score

What about the freedoms of the restaurant owner, the theme park owner, the cruise line owner, the plane owner or the school owner. What about their freedoms being infringed?

Are only your freedoms important?

What’s next, you will advocate for a mandate that bakeries must bake a cake for a gay wedding?

HBCraig

Reaction score

If you have your NCCCO and you need work reach out to me. All my customers are begging for operators

HBCraig

Reaction score

You're not the only one. More people die from TB and the fucking flu! Has anyone been fired for not getting the Vax shot for the flu, or Shingles, or TB?

HBCraig

Reaction score
Some day…but evidently not today, the MBAs at the top will realize that pissing folks off who
A: know the customers
B: know the inner workings and issues of the company
And
C: know how to do what the company does, but better

Will not end well for them.
This

There are 5 of me in North America. Not saying my company is doing this because they aren't. They're freaking awesome.

But, for those that don't understand their guys that have relationships and develop close to 300 Million in sales, their relationships are key.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
At this point i think he would defend your boss coming in on a Monday telling you to cut your nuts off by the end of the month or find a new job... Come to think of it maybe thats what happened to him 🤣🤣

It’s really something to behold.

Last edited: