WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My EYES!!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
@Devious_Chris

So I had my second cataract surgery done this week, and this one came out perfect!!! 20-20 vision in this eye now, and the other one just has a slight blur. So who gives a fuck?? lol

Me! Cause this means I can wear sunglasses again!!!

I was at Lens Crafters today, and came across these baby's...

At 330.00 they are a bit pricey for my blood. The good news is, at Lens Crafters, you get a 30% discount, on any sunglasses, if your a AAA member! Cool, right? But still a whole bunch of money.

Google found me these...

At 178.88, could they Really be the same thing?

Chris, can you get these for me? I'd much rather buy em from you if you can get em for me.

Thanks for checking!!!

-Joe

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Glad your procedure went great. I'm jealous.. I've been having some serious vision problems with my left eye. I had a vein occlusion while walking my dogs and blood hemorrhaged inside my eye, my vision went blurry. Then after 3 injections to clear up the blood my Retina detached and I went blind in that eye. Just had surgery two weeks ago, the reattachment worked and I'm starting to see a little right now even though I have double vision and a gas bubble in my eye, and I have to sleep up right in my lazy-boy. Pretty frustrating to say the least. A lot of times you'll get a cataract after retina reattachment, so I have that to look forward to, lol. Thanks for letting me vent

Taboma

Reaction score
Thanks rivermobster for posting the positive cataract post-op feedback. I'm way past due for getting mine done. Need new scripts but hesitant to spend the $$$ for new lens when I know what I really need, but seem to lack the trust in medical professionals to voluntarily get the procedure.
I was getting psyched up to make the leap, then ran into a maintenance guy who wasn't at all pleased with the results in either eye, regrets having it done.
Others, most others in fact, are extremely pleased with the results.
I should have been writing down the doc's names. 😁

Taboma

Reaction score
The scariest part is reading the reviews trying to find a local Ophthalmologists :oops: Now I'm reading about them using Laser to break up the old lens, vs the conventional method. I'd ask my regular doc for a referral, but that grump ole Jew retired when COVID came knockin. Guess I'll pull out the ole Dart board and try not to put my eye out 😂

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
@Devious_Chris

So I had my second cataract surgery done this week, and this one came out perfect!!! 20-20 vision in this eye now, and the other one just has a slight blur. So who gives a fuck?? lol

Me! Cause this means I can wear sunglasses again!!!

I was at Lens Crafters today, and came across these baby's...

At 330.00 they are a bit pricey for my blood. The good news is, at Lens Crafters, you get a 30% discount, on any sunglasses, if your a AAA member! Cool, right? But still a whole bunch of money.

Google found me these...

At 178.88, could they Really be the same thing?

Chris, can you get these for me? I'd much rather buy em from you if you can get em for me.

Thanks for checking!!!

-Joe

Joe,

Congrats on the surgery and getting your eyes dialed in!!!! I don’t carry That brand of glasses so I would not be able to get you that exact pair unfortunately. Yes the cheaper price is most likely the exact same pair as the other listing. I highly recommend getting Polarized lenses in your new glasses. Are you located in Havasu? I have a great selection of glasses in stock and may have a frame very close to the glasses you found that you could try on before you order online to make sure that style fits what you will be happy wearing every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taboma

Reaction score
Had right eye done a couple months ago, such a great improvement. Still use readers but distance is 20/20.

That's something I was wondering. Since age has garnered me cataracts and a change of vision over the past several years, what's happened is kinda strange.
In my mid 40's I started needing readers, although never stronger than a 1.50. But I could spot a finning Marlin or boiling bait way way the duck out there.
Now in my early 70's, I can't see the TV clearly without my glasses, but I can even read the fine print on any label unassisted.
I'm guessing if I have the cataract surgery and they restore my distance vision, I'll be back to readers. 🥴

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Best thing I ever did.
March of 2020 right before the government control started...
These guys are the best..
Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute in San Diego

J&k beer can

Reaction score
That's something I was wondering. Since age has garnered me cataracts and a change of vision over the past several years, what's happened is kinda strange.
In my mid 40's I started needing readers, although never stronger than a 1.50. But I could spot a finning Marlin or boiling bait way way the duck out there.
Now in my early 70's, I can't see the TV clearly without my glasses, but I can even read the fine print on any label unassisted.
I'm guessing if I have the cataract surgery and they restore my distance vision, I'll be back to readers. 🥴
You get to pick your vision.. close or far..
I chose far and need reader's now for anything within arms distance..

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Joe,

Congrats on the surgery and getting your eyes dialed in!!!! I don’t carry That brand of glasses so I would not be able to get you that exact pair unfortunately. Yes the cheaper price is most likely the exact same pair as the other listing. I highly recommend getting Polarized lenses in your new glasses. Are you located in Havasu? I have a great selection of glasses in stock and may have a frame very close to the glasses you found that you could try on before you order online to make sure that style fits what you will be happy wearing every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Chris. I'm in SoCal. I was planning to be out your way In a couple weeks, but that plan seems to have fallen through.

I'm really Leary about buying those glasses online. I don't wanna end up with some knock offs! Lemme give it some thought. Thanks so much for the advice!

You get to pick your vision.. close or far..
I chose far and need reader's now for anything within arms distance..

Not always...

My eyes are not round. So I couldn't get any kind of prescription implants, I just got clear lenses. Everyone's eyes are different. I was hoping to get prescriptions, but it didn't work out for me.

I'm off to Costco to get some readers. It's tough looking at the computer screen right now. I'll probably get some new prescription glasses, but I have to wait a month or two for my eye to completely heal.

Man I can't wait to get some brand new sunglasses!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thanks rivermobster for posting the positive cataract post-op feedback. I'm way past due for getting mine done. Need new scripts but hesitant to spend the $$$ for new lens when I know what I really need, but seem to lack the trust in medical professionals to voluntarily get the procedure.
I was getting psyched up to make the leap, then ran into a maintenance guy who wasn't at all pleased with the results in either eye, regrets having it done.
Others, most others in fact, are extremely pleased with the results.
I should have been writing down the doc's names. 😁

Let it happen...

There are other threads on here where everyone was WAY happy with the results, and everyone regretted waiting!!! There is zero pain involved. You'll be out cold and won't remember a thing. The process took maybe 15min. Kaiser did mine. They have some seriously high tech equipment. 👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
just get whichever ones protect your eyes best, then fashion.... the price of good health is well worth the cost of prevention.

It had nothing to with fashion, and everything to do with fit and comfort. Plus they are polarized and graded too. That's a huge plus on the water. And most importantly, my daughter liked this particular pair on me the best. ;)