WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Farmers Insurance experience....

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
What day and time did you call Brad? Is your agent supposed to be on call 24 hours a day and on weekends? Or just business hours? Just wondering what your expectations are. The claims dept is 24/7 I’m guessing.

What is it that you think he hasn’t done for you.

How long from the theft until you got a check for the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
business hours would suffice. I never called outside of business hours (with the exception of the claims rep, who asked me to call later because he'd be working late that evening), nor would I expect anyone to pick up the phone outside of business hours.

With the exception of a brief confirmation that pictures were received from the adjuster on the monday following the claim, there was no communication at all until Wed. when some lady tried to talk me into accepting a bogus settlement. The following week is when the adjuster came back with an over inflated bogus estimate that totaled the truck. That's when I put my estimate together and sent it off, but the adjuster decided to be a bitch and stick with his.
Claim was made on 11/20
Payment was received on 12/3

DLC

Reaction score
Customer No Service

9E20FDBB-0E35-4A81-A7C6-46ACE9BE2055.jpeg

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

I can't speak to what farmers does or doesn't do. But one of the reasons I pushed to get out of the industry was the company I was working for was pushing us to just sell new business. As soon as you sold an account, pass it off to the call center for any future issues. That wasn't the relationship that I tried to build with my clients and it frustrated the hell out of me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don’t believe it’s just a Stern thing.....

One thing I have learned is all an “agent” is for is to sell you insurance. Once you need to use it they will wash their handles of you. RDs recommendations are usually tied to the fact that he gets special treatment or a service for free and it’s not how normal customers are actually treated.

What’s more ironic is some of the things I have insured now through an agent are being done through progressive which I could do online.

Billdo I used to personally endorse all kinds of people.. I remember 2ForceFull saying it was a huge mistake. He was saying it was better to take money from everyone and not endorse personally anyone. From a business standpoint he was 100% correct.

I have always only let companies that I believe in their products and services advertise on here at a great personal cost to me.. by great personal cost I mean more money than a lot of people make personal cost..

So you can understand why I take it a little personal when you say I only recommend people that give me shit for free etc..

I’d tell anyone on here to use Andy at Palomar Solar and I don’t have a solar system. I have recommended all kinds of things on here that I don’t own or have used based upon friends experiences, customer testimonials, reputations etc..

I changed my policy a few years ago and don’t really personally endorse anyone anymore. That happened because some of the service shops didn’t live up to the endorsement... (rather quite the opposite but that’s another story for another time)

For the last few years I have done exactly what my advertisers have paid me to do, “promote their products and services to our audience.”

A few years back I hit bottom, up by Sundance in my Schiada.. I sent it to a service shop had the best insurance they offered including their Outdrive insurance rider.. when it was all said and done dude said they were gonna give me used parts. We talked about it, we didn’t see eye on it.. I called the agent and the agent helped me navigate my way to a point (but he did help which I surely appreciated).. That situation ended with “look mother fuckeryou know that website you get your info from? I own it and wait till you get your next piece of information”.
So I guess yes in that case I did get treated differently and I got not only New, but upgraded parts in that scenario.. but I also cancelled my progressive policy So you can’t say I recommend them for free shit because it’s the opposite.

It is fairly obvious to me that you don’t know how business works in the grown up world. And that’s fine but don’t bang on me and the business I have built because quite frankly you don’t know anything about it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Except Brad got him a new adjuster and he’s getting everything he asked for.. The bug complaint is he didn’t call back in a timely fashion... which I get.. but I don’t believe ihbza would be getting what he asked for without Brad doing that.. or at least he’d be fighting for it for months.

DLC

Reaction score
everything worked out in the long run he got a check in what 2 weeks If Brad would have jumped on this sooner he would have been a HERO!

instead he got a bad thread, that will be on the internet forever

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
everything worked out in the long run he got a check in what 2 weeks If Brad would have jumped on this sooner he would have been a HERO!

truth

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Except Brad got him a new adjuster and he’s getting everything he asked for.. The bug complaint is he didn’t call back in a timely fashion... which I get.. but I don’t believe ihbza would be getting what he asked for without Brad doing that.. or at least he’d be fighting for it for months.

It sounds like he got his own new adjuster, but maybe its not being conveyed clearly.

Boatracer36

Reaction score

I made the phone calls as soon as I found out Pat was having problems. Got a new adjuster that day. To change a total loss on a vehicle takes time and approval from supervisors.

Reactions: DLC

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Billdo I used to personally endorse all kinds of people.. I remember 2ForceFull saying it was a huge mistake. He was saying it was better to take money from everyone and not endorse personally anyone. From a business standpoint he was 100% correct.

I have always only let companies that I believe in their products and services advertise on here at a great personal cost to me.. by great personal cost I mean more money than a lot of people make personal cost..

So you can understand why I take it a little personal when you say I only recommend people that give me shit for free etc..

I’d tell anyone on here to use Andy at Palomar Solar and I don’t have a solar system. I have recommended all kinds of things on here that I don’t own or have used based upon friends experiences, customer testimonials, reputations etc..

I changed my policy a few years ago and don’t really personally endorse anyone anymore. That happened because some of the service shops didn’t live up to the endorsement... (rather quite the opposite but that’s another story for another time)

For the last few years I have done exactly what my advertisers have paid me to do, “promote their products and services to our audience.”

A few years back I hit bottom, up by Sundance in my Schiada.. I sent it to a service shop had the best insurance they offered including their Outdrive insurance rider.. when it was all said and done dude said they were gonna give me used parts. We talked about it, we didn’t see eye on it.. I called the agent and the agent helped me navigate my way to a point (but he did help which I surely appreciated).. That situation ended with “look mother fuckeryou know that website you get your info from? I own it and wait till you get your next piece of information”.
So I guess yes in that case I did get treated differently and I got not only New, but upgraded parts in that scenario.. but I also cancelled my progressive policy So you can’t say I recommend them for free shit because it’s the opposite.

It is fairly obvious to me that you don’t know how business works in the grown up world. And that’s fine but don’t bang on me and the business I have built because quite frankly you don’t know anything about it.

You just confirmed exactly what I was saying. 🤦‍♂️

I have seen you over the years tout someone doing something for you, only for them to end up screwing you or someone you know and it ultimately reflecting poorly on you regardless of the situation. It’s a no win situation for you. Don’t even know where you’re coming from as I Wasn’t referencing advertisers it was more things like. This guy is doing xxxx for me and he’s great. This guy is building my Canam, golf cart, detailing my cars, giving me beer, etc. etc.

most recently you posted how unhappy you were with the guy who built your canam. Happens to be the same guy that built my rhino 10 years ago and somehow he’s my buddy and he’s a piece of shit, etc etc. I have no connection with that shop other than he built a rhino for me 10 years ago. Yet here I am getting a message from RD at 2am telling me how he feels about “my buddy” you know the guy that built a rhino for me 10 years ago 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would say I know more about “grown up business” than your average bear but that’s a conversation for another time.

Would be curious as to where you got me “banging” on your business from my post. 🤷🏻‍♂️

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
It sounds like he got his own new adjuster, but maybe its not being conveyed clearly.

Sort of. I was told to call the adjuster's supervisor (who was also on vacation)...at which point I realized I had 2 options, cancel the claim or take the total loss. The icing on the cake was when the packet showed up showing that they used normal 1500 trucks as comps to establish the value of mine. That's when I got back on the phone...if they'd used correct comps, the value would been about 30% higher and even with their bullshit estimate, very likely wouldn't be a total loss/salvage title.

My issue with the salvage title is not lack of resale value or anything else, it's the adjusted insured value. Should something else happen to the truck requiring an insurance claim, I was told by multiple insurers that for a clean title vehicle with a value of 10K, that same vehicle with a Salvage title will be valued around $6K in the eyes of the insurance company. This is what I'm attempting to avoid....and it looks like the new adjuster (today) has sorted things out so I retain a clean title. I raised a stink with several people at Farmers last week, I'm not sure what or who prompted the new adjuster and I don't care. It shouldn't have been fucked up in the first place, and wouldn't have been if someone picked up the fucking phone Monday, Tues, or Wed of the first week so I could explain the parts availability situation and guide them on their estimate.

riverroyal

Reaction score
My $.02. Get EVERYTHING sorted out THEN post. Take a deep breath, get through the situation then if your still pissed cancel the policies and move on. Anything related to insurance takes time with A LOT of phone calls.
The days of your 'agent' being the only person you ever talk to is over. I dont think I even have a agent.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You just confirmed exactly what I was saying. 🤦‍♂️

I have seen you over the years tout someone doing something for you, only for them to end up screwing you or someone you know and it ultimately reflecting poorly on you regardless of the situation. It’s a no win situation for you. Don’t even know where you’re coming from as I Wasn’t referencing advertisers it was more things like. This guy is doing xxxx for me and he’s great. This guy is building my Canam, golf cart, detailing my cars, giving me beer, etc. etc.

most recently you posted how unhappy you were with the guy who built your canam. Happens to be the same guy that built my rhino 10 years ago and somehow he’s my buddy and he’s a piece of shit, etc etc. I have no connection with that shop other than he built a rhino for me 10 years ago. Yet here I am getting a message from RD at 2am telling me how he feels about “my buddy” you know the guy that built a rhino for me 10 years ago 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would say I know more about “grown up business” than your average bear but that’s a conversation for another time.

Would be curious as to where you got me “banging” on your business from my post. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was pretty quiet about my can am during the build and even after it. I never touted that Jimbo was great I said, he’s building me a can Am.. which I paid over full retail for I might add. The the doors were fucked, then the wiring was fucked then the.... I ended up paying another 10’ish to unfuck that car and make it nice.. most of rdp is reading about that for the first time right now in that post..

I will say I have had quite a few other say the car looked bad ass and we’re going to go to him. I quietly advised them against it.

I didn’t endorse Jimbo..
I didn’t get any special treatment from Jimbo (quite the opposite)
I didn’t blast Jimbo either even when I was dead to rights to do it..

Soooo...

Since Ya brought it up though you endorsed him and that guy bent me over six ways to Sunday.. I also remember him giving you some kinda deal for promoting his stuff online. Lol. Is this some sort of projection thing goin on? :D

Yore buddy is a hack and a prick on top of it.. :)

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
My $.02. Get EVERYTHING sorted out THEN post. Take a deep breath, get through the situation then if your still pissed cancel the policies and move on. Anything related to insurance takes time with A LOT of phone calls.
The days of your 'agent' being the only person you ever talk to is over. I dont think I even have a agent.
Everything was sorted out, then they changed their mind this morning

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I can't speak to what farmers does or doesn't do. But one of the reasons I pushed to get out of the industry was the company I was working for was pushing us to just sell new business. As soon as you sold an account, pass it off to the call center for any future issues. That wasn't the relationship that I tried to build with my clients and it frustrated the hell out of me.
Yep, I went with you and you jumped ship not long after!! 😁 Don't blame you at all.

BajaT

Reaction score
The days of your 'agent' being the only person you ever talk to is over. I don't think I even have a agent.

20 years ago I was a claims rep. Worst job I ever had. I cannot recall once speaking with an agent. They sell insurance and update you on coverages etc. Claims reps. adjust the claims. They are trained in how to handle claims. Agents sell. I will say after my river house almost burnt down, come to find out you can pay for endorsements to cover certain things that are otherwise not covered on older homes. This is something a good agent perhaps would tell you when applying/adding homeowners coverage. I would never expect an agent to assist with settling a claim. You can call in your loss to you agent. They may even make the call to the claims department. You now just slowed down the process.

Never had Farmers, but 27 years with S.F. I was almost killed in a head on by uninsured motorist, an outboard stolen, F150 stolen, house fire and an collision caused by me, I have always been more than satisfied with how SF handled the claims and payouts...

Last edited:

BajaT

Reaction score
What day and time did you call Brad? Is your agent supposed to be on call 24 hours a day and on weekends? Or just business hours? Just wondering what your expectations are. The claims dept is 24/7 I’m guessing.

What is it that you think he hasn’t done for you.

How long from the theft until you got a check for the truck?

Dave's expectations include receiving a brand new outdrive on a used boat after not paying attention and hitting the rocks! :D

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I was pretty quiet about my can am during the build and even after it. I never touted that Jimbo was great I said, he’s building me a can Am.. which I paid over full retail for I might add. The the doors were fucked, then the wiring was fucked then the.... I ended up paying another 10’ish to unfuck that car and make it nice.. most of rdp is reading about that for the first time right now in that post..

I will say I have had quite a few other say the car looked bad ass and we’re going to go to him. I quietly advised them against it.

I didn’t endorse Jimbo..
I didn’t get any special treatment from Jimbo (quite the opposite)
I didn’t blast Jimbo either even when I was dead to rights to do it..

Soooo...

Since Ya brought it up though you endorsed him and that guy bent me over six ways to Sunday.. I also remember him giving you some kinda deal for promoting his stuff online. Lol. Is this some sort of projection thing goin on? :D

Yore buddy is a hack and a prick on top of it.. :)

Lol. I’m not a Website owner.....I never got anything from him or anyone else for “promoting”. I did a build thread Back when it was built and did a few rides that they threw, all I did was share my experience.......That used to be what this place is all about.

I paid retail and was happy with the work he did for me back in 2008. I recently tried to get him to do some work on my pre runner before the season started and he was not interested and even when I pretty much begged because I had a trip planned and couldn’t get in anywhere due to shops being booked out he still wasn’t interested and was more focused on SXS stuff. that’s how good of a “buddy” of mine he is. 😂😂

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I too have been with AAA for years. All of our insurance is with them. Tey had no issues insuring my Stoker when I had it.

I'll say it again, rates and service with AAA has been great. I always go to the best body shop in the area, they send me refunds checks when I drive less miles, and the rates for me are unbeatable (5 cars 1 toyhauler 2 new teen drivers).
They would not insure my 1973 jet boat with a covered low perf 455. Can't remember why.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Bashing Brad because of this is a weak move 👎👎👎

He doesn't control the adjusters or the claim process. Oh, and based on the OP comments made on this thread, I bet he has been super nice to everyone through this process.

Use Brad for our insurance and he always picks up his phone when I need something.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear this.

My experience was the complete opposite. I have had one claim with this truck and it wasn't small. Brad helped me out in many ways, got me all set up with the right people. I dropped it off at one of their repair shops, which I had seen in business for years by my house and seemed to do good work. Its been 8 years and I have had no issues with the repairs. But I did take it to their recommended shop. Not sure how much of difference that makes.

I cant say in all the years I have been with him, I have had an issue getting a hold of him.

But, I hope things go better for you going forward.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear this.

My experience was the complete opposite. I have had one claim with this truck and it wasn't small. Brad helped me out in many ways, got me all set up with the right people. I dropped it off at one of their repair shops, which I had seen in business for years by my house and seemed to do good work. Its been 8 years and I have had no issues with the repairs. But I did take it to their recommended shop. Not sure how much of difference that makes.

I cant say in all the years I have been with him, I have had an issue getting a hold of him.

But, I hope things go better for you going forward.
I'm not sure what happened. I've had more unanswered phone calls and non-returned messages (both email and phone....I typically email because every time I pick up my cell phone, the phone on my desk rings) than I've had answered calls or responses. I was very civil with everyone I talked to until the adjuster sent in his second bullshit estimate.

I spoke with Brad briefly on the 30th, then sent him an email on the 1st. I didn't here any reply from him until last week. I actually called RD to get his phone number (can't remember exactly what day that was, but Dave told me to hang up because Brad's gonna call me in 5 minutes, and then he didn't...to be fair, this was end of the day and outside of normal business hours. I got a call at some point last week (phone seems to only keep the last 2 days of calls...I thought it kept more than that) from Brad after everything was all done.

Maybe everyone just had an off week. I don't know.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Bashing Brad because of this is a weak move 👎👎👎

He doesn't control the adjusters or the claim process. Oh, and based on the OP comments made on this thread, I bet he has been super nice to everyone through this process.

Use Brad for our insurance and he always picks up his phone when I need something.
How is it a weak move? Sounds like it lit a fire under someones ass to get things in motion to get him paid so that he could get his truck fixed.

I have no dawg in this fight but communication (phone call, text, or email) in a timely manner goes along way with people.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How is it a weak move? Sounds like it lit a fire under someones ass to get things in motion to get him paid so that he could get his truck fixed.

I have no dawg in this fight but communication (phone call, text, or email) in a timely manner goes along way with people.

His claimwas approved for everything he wanted? (Which I believe Brad played a role in)

he’s mad because of the lack of follow up phone calls.

Thst all said I followed up this am abd Pat hasn’t answered any of Brads calls, so that shit kinda goes both ways... lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lol. I’m not a Website owner.....I never got anything from him or anyone else for “promoting”. I did a build thread Back when it was built and did a few rides that they threw, all I did was share my experience.......That used to be what this place is all about.

I paid retail and was happy with the work he did for me back in 2008. I recently tried to get him to do some work on my pre runner before the season started and he was not interested and even when I pretty much begged because I had a trip planned and couldn’t get in anywhere due to shops being booked out he still wasn’t interested and was more focused on SXS stuff. that’s how good of a “buddy” of mine he is. 😂😂

Glad we settled that he’s a prick.. moving on

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

It is weak to post on here and bash his business. OP isn't a business owner and if he was, he would have thought before opening his mouth. Telling people to switch from Brad because of his experience is classless. Brad doesn't control all of Farmers departments, but as stated by his comments, he jumped on it and got another person assigned.

Always 2 sides to the story and I am sure that the OP was not the easiest person to deal with and has proven that a couple times in this thread. I have learned that if I want things done, it pays to not be an asshole. Farmers employees are human too and everyone makes mistakes.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
His claimwas approved for everything he wanted? (Which I believe Brad played a role in)

Thst all said I followed up this am abd Pat hasn’t answered any of Brads calls, so that shit kinda goes both ways... lol.

Yeah, he can post up on here and run his mouth but then won't take his calls. He got everything he wanted and still complains? Super weak 👎 👎

Can we just refer to Pat as Karen from now on??

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score

I'm at work. My job requires me to be on the phone all day, especially now since we're missing 17 people as of last thursday. I can type while on the phone, which is why I mostly email. That, and I don't need to remember when and who I called...because all that shit is at the top of the email....makes it easier when multiple parties are involved. I'm on the phone now walking someone through vacuum bleeding a tough clutch hydraulic system.

When the phones slow in about an hour, I'll try to call him back.

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
For what it’s worth Brad has been nothing but good to us. Boat, home, cars, dump trailer.

Sounds to me like this was just a run of bad luck and crappy communication. This happened a day or two before Thanksgiving. So understandable that people took time off.

You have an oddball truck. I know on RDP everyone can tell you every motor and tranny for a Chevy truck from 59’ to now. But the average claims person probably just saw Chevy 1500 and called it a day (also she was going on maternity leave).

Sounds like you know you’re way around a car and how to fix it. I imagine a claims adjuster is given a check list to go through. Can’t imagine that they are ex mechanics.

Once Brad was made aware of the situation he made the necessary calls. Obviously he didn’t respond to you in the manner you expected.

Personally I would try to continue on with Brad as he now knows the expectation vs going with another company or agent. If your issue is still with farmers then I guess you move on.

We all handle shitty situations differently. From your other posts you seem to want perfection. I think you were the one who repaired your own house after having repairs done during escrow due to lack of quality ?

I for one wouldn’t have put a nickel into it lol. But we all do it differently. [emoji16][emoji1303]

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I think its always good to post encounters with people we do business here on this forum. Im sure many of you have business because of this forum and I would think you would want that to continue. I know i have purchased a lot of things because of this forum and got service from places because of this forum. So when something negative pops up that I could be spending a lot of money on in the future, its nice to be able to read about it here. Im sure Brad is a stand up guy seems like he made some phone calls, which is not above and beyond since he hopes to keep the residual business, and I totally understand the OPs issues with getting the run around and shit service from outside of Brads control. Its all good information to file away.

Just think of how many people didnt visit the chinese buffet because of RiverDaves scathing review. That place went out of business. I sure as hell never even thought of going there. How many buttholes were saved from exploding?

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
For what it’s worth Brad has been nothing but good to us. Boat, home, cars, dump trailer.

Sounds to me like this was just a run of bad luck and crappy communication. This happened a day or two before Thanksgiving. So understandable that people took time off.

You have an oddball truck. I know on RDP everyone can tell you every motor and tranny for a Chevy truck from 59’ to now. But the average claims person probably just saw Chevy 1500 and called it a day (also she was going on maternity leave).

Sounds like you know you’re way around a car and how to fix it. I imagine a claims adjuster is given a check list to go through. Can’t imagine that they are ex mechanics.

Once Brad was made aware of the situation he made the necessary calls. Obviously he didn’t respond to you in the manner you expected.

Personally I would try to continue on with Brad as he now knows the expectation vs going with another company or agent. If your issue is still with farmers then I guess you move on.

We all handle shitty situations differently. From your other posts you seem to want perfection. I think you were the one who repaired your own house after having repairs done during escrow due to lack of quality ?

I for one wouldn’t have put a nickel into it lol. But we all do it differently. [emoji16][emoji1303]

He, not she, was going on maternity leave. I didn't know that was a thing, but I guess it is.

rrrr

Reaction score
Years ago I ran over a semi trailer tire carcass in my wife's car outside Shreveport on a Sunday. It fucked up the front plastic really good, and cracked the top radiator tank. The impact actually knocked the glove box out of the dash. No one I called had a radiator in stock. We had a cooler in the car, and with the water in it I was able to make it back to town and a Walmart.

I bought some acetone, a file, some coarse sandpaper, and a fiberglass repair kit in the store, and went to work repairing the tank. When I was done, we headed back to Plano with the radiator cap loose, and made it home with no further trouble.

The car was insured by State Farm. I took it to the Acura body shop the next morning, which had a State Farm claims rep office onsite. He wasn't there, I left the car and went home. He called later and said we needed to look at the car together.

We went out in the body shop, and he told me they would not pay for the radiator and interior repair because it was prior damage. I pulled out the Wally world receipt, pointed to my purchases, and told him he was wrong. He reiterated SF would not pay.

I blew sky high. I was in his face, yelling as loud as I could. Suddenly DA sanders and body files fell silent. "Are you accusing me of attempting insurance fraud, you fat little fuck? Do you think I'm going to risk going to jail over this?"

He turned a paler shade, and stammered "P-p-perhaps I was mistaken in my assessment."

They paid for the repair.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

But if you every choose to get it, you do expect to get the RiverDave price.