WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My father in law

beerrun

Reaction score
Last night he had a major heart attack and we just made the decision to take him off the ventilator. He has been a part of my life for 39 years he did 30 years in the navy retired and stayed home for two weeks went to home depot for something and came home with a new job he worked there for another 18 years. When I was a 16 year old kid working at the navy exchange he would come visit me. He was a great man a great father and a great friend that could fix anything I will miss him more the anyone will ever know. I love you marty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is always a tough call, rest in peace.

DWC

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear. Heartbreaking at the very least. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Sorry to hears, prayers for you and family.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
So sorry to hear. I lost my Mother 8 years ago today. It's always tough around this time of year.

Singleton

Reaction score
Thoughts with your family.
One of the hardest decisions to make

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss but what an incredible journey that you got to be apart of with him for so many years.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Marty will still be watching over you. Sorry for your loss.

When my FIL passed it was tough. He was the last of the living parents my wife and I had. Cleaning out his place and going through everything. Just having his wallet on the end table made me tear up.

HBCraig

Reaction score
My condolences. RIP and Godspeed to your father in law

He sounded like a great guy that will be missed

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Sorry to read this. What a great life he had. Truley one to celebrate. RIP Marty, you've earned it.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My gosh, I'm so sorry Chris. I'm so sad for you guys.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

dribble

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. I had an almost FIL like that. Was killed by a runaway police horse at a 49ers game. 30 years after his daughter and I broke up he showed up at my own fathers funeral.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Sounds like a great man! RiP Sir and thank you!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Sounds like a great man and a greater loss for the family and the world. May he rest is peace. Best to your family at this time.

sirbob

Reaction score
May peace be with you, your wife and the whole family 🙏

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm sad to hear this. You were lucky to have him at all, and extremely lucky to have him as part of your life as long as you did. I lost my own father 13 years ago, and my "father in law" was not even part of my wife's family past 10 years old. It sounds like you all have lost a good man.
Try not to think of the current loss, try to remember the time shared.

riverroyal

Reaction score
RIP. My father in law was part of my life for 30 years. Hell of a guy. There's a lock and the London Bridge now and I drink makers mark in his honor at any restaurant at the bridge.
Sorry brother....

just_floatin

Reaction score
Thank you for marty’s service to our country. I will keep you and your family in my prayers for strength through a difficult time. RIP marty

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Sorry man, losing a great father in law is hard. Be strong for your wife and kids. Invaluable lessons from a great generation we'll never forget.

cole_skier

Reaction score
So sorry. RIP Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
My condolences to you, your family and friends.

RIP and thank you for your service Marty We need your support more than ever in the USA but its time for you to rest now!

Water Romper

Reaction score
So , reflecting about another post question about why our wife's asking why do we migrate to RDP.... just this reason. Loosing a loved one is gut wrenching, and for you to post such a personal, heart touching post just confirms why we guys come here. I am so sorry for your loss, I'm grateful you had the time you had with your father in law. Your wife must be devastated. Hang in there, take care, Oh, and god always welcomes another angel.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Tough loss for your family for sure, sounds like he set the bar pretty high for the next generation.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
So , reflecting about another post question about why our wife's asking why do we migrate to RDP.... just this reason. Loosing a loved one is gut wrenching, and for you to post such a personal, heart touching post just confirms why we guys come here. I am so sorry for your loss, I'm grateful you had the time you had with your father in law. Your wife must be devastated. Hang in there, take care, Oh, and god always welcomes another angel.

Another "post of the year" for me. Well said...

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Last night he had a major heart attack and we just made the decision to take him off the ventilator. He has been a part of my life for 39 years he did 30 years in the navy retired and stayed home for two weeks went to home depot for something and came home with a new job he worked there for another 18 years. When I was a 16 year old kid working at the navy exchange he would come visit me. He was a great man a great father and a great friend that could fix anything I will miss him more the anyone will ever know. I love you marty

Bummer, thoughts are with you. We had to make that call in 2016 on my step father, hardest decision I've ever had to make..my mom was beside herself.. I miss him every damn day.

KevinR

Reaction score
So very sorry to hear of your family’s loss. That must be an absolute gut wrencher for you. Not many of us get the opportunity in life to have such a relationship. Draw upon his strength and example with your family as you all move forward.

I have also been blessed with a FIL that has lived a tremendous life full of giving and has provided an incredible amount of support and guidance to me. He changed the trajectory of my life when I met him while in college, 1976.

He had a major stroke 8 years ago so he is not his old self, but he continues to inspire all of us with his incredible attitude and grace. We are grateful he is still with us.

beerrun

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this Chris. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Deb. RIP Marty......

beerrun

Reaction score
So quick update at 4 am they moved him out of ICU he is only receiving comfort care but he is still hanging in there they are letting one of the siblings in to see him today

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Hang in there br, went through this with my FIL 10 years ago. Again, condolences to you and the family.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
damn, that just brought back some visual memories. Its not easy being in that room. Hang in there
Was with my father on 12hour shifts for two weeks with my sister/family administrating his Morphin as he was not alert enough to do so on his own...